Thread: Training level

GEEZII is offline Junior Member

Training level

Hey guys, going by this in your TDEE/BMR

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise and a desk or still standing job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise or sports one to three times per week)
    Moderately active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise or sports three to five times per week)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise or sports six to seven times per week)
    Extremely active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise or sports and a physical job, or twice a day training for an athletic event such as for a marathon or intense competition)

Which would i choose?

My week is as followed

SUN- 30min low intensity cardio, legs
    MON- chest, tris
    TUES- back, bis
    WED- 45min low intensity cardio, abs
    THUR- shoulders, traps
    FRI- bis,tris
    SAT- 45min low intensity cardio

I also have a sit on my ass job so i don't move around much other than training.

thanks

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I would go with lightly active as you have a desk job and are doing low intensity cardio.

why are you training bis and tris 2 x per week and not training legs?

sorry missed legs on sunday, still why bis and tris 2x per week?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    how did you come up with your training plan mate? why are you training 7 days per week?

because i get a lot of rest at work i feel sloppy, so i wanted to change it around and do cardio at least 3 times per week included in my training

well no matter how much rest you get mate, 7 days is a recipe for disaster, as you progress your training will get tougher and you will need rest days....

http://forums.steroid.com/lifting-te...y-routine.html

take a look at the above link, this is a great training plan for beginners to the advanced, I don't know how much experience you have mate though going off your plan I would say beginner.

depending on your time during the day, you could add cardio in the a.m on training days or after weight lifting. take the Wednesday as a rest day, take either the sat or sunday as a rest day and the other as cardio only.

all this is just a broad guide as we do not know your diet, goals, stats, experience etc.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    energizer is right on the money. How can growth occur if there's absolutely no rest??

thanks energizer, i read that whole post and it seems interesting to try out.

i am 24, 183cm, 86kg (body fat is prob around 18% based on the picture chart)

i started my "cutting" diet this week, done the calculations and i'm consuming 2595calories a day 45c/40p/15f eating:
    carb/pro
    (training)
    carb/pro (shake)
    fat/pro
    carb/pro
    carb/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro

i want to drop bf and try to maintain (+ slowly gain) muscle.

i have been on and off gym for 6 years and never had a steady training program.

also, i want to include "dan911's so you want abs" post into this workout, what day would i do that on?

good idea putting your diet up for critique mate........

Make this your steady training plan, train hard and smart, be consistent with gym and diet and you will make solid progress.

I would have the abb routine on my lower body training days. Though that's just my way, you could stick it any day, just not consecutive training days.

cheers mate i'll give it a go, i have my cheat meal on sundays, do you recommend if i do lower body power on the sunday morning?
    or should i have my cheat meal on a non training day?

also: the ab routine, can i do that with my cardio day?

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEZII View Post
    thanks energizer, i read that whole post and it seems interesting to try out.

i am 24, 183cm, 86kg (body fat is prob around 18% based on the picture chart)

i started my "cutting" diet this week, done the calculations and i'm consuming 2595calories a day 45c/40p/15f eating:
    carb/pro
    (training)
    carb/pro (shake)
    fat/pro
    carb/pro
    carb/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro

i want to drop bf and try to maintain (+ slowly gain) muscle.

i have been on and off gym for 6 years and never had a steady training program.

also, i want to include "dan911's so you want abs" post into this workout, what day would i do that on?
    Post your weight in pounds please.

your closer to 2300 to maintain your weight so your cutting diet is flawed from the start my friend sry. Pro fat pro carb is ok but base all carbs around workout, also read up on carb cycling if you look at my log it shows what a cut looks like.

yeah picked up on that from my other post, i was thinking of dropping my cal to 2000 to begin with and go lower from there if need be. should i get rid of my 4th pro/carb and and squeeze it into the first 3?

so
    carb/pro
    (training)
    carb/pro (shake)
    carb/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro

yeah picked up on that from my other post, i was thinking of dropping my cal to 2000 to begin with and go lower from there if need be. should i get rid of my 4th pro/carb and and squeeze it into the first 3?

so
    carb/pro
    (training)
    carb/pro (shake)
    carb/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro
    fat/pro
    I only see 3 carb meals idk everyone's body is different dropping 300 should be fine but read how to carb cycle.

TattedZach is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    I only see 3 carb meals idk everyone's body is different dropping 300 should be fine but read how to carb cycle.
    you got a link for carb cycling? im trying to learn more about it myself

never mind found the sticky

Quote Originally Posted by TattedZach View Post
    never mind found the sticky
    There we go I like that research on your own it helps 100% more then trying to explain it in a paragraph.

I'm all about research, been in and out of the gym for a long time and after I put on a lil unhealthy weight during my fiancé's pregnancy (eating like she eats lol) I decided it's time to do it right, so I'm on here everyday for a few hours at a time reading, learning, I save everything of quality content and re-read and re-read, the past few months I've been a man obsessed. Pretty much put together a fitness for dummies catalogue for my friends. If there's one piece of advice I can give anyone is research research research, there's no one size fits all diet plan nor training style. Absorb as much information as you can ( and you're definitely in the right place if you're a member of this forum) and apply it to your daily life, you'll find out what works for you and what doesn't. No one else knows you like you do, so therefor no one can do it for you. Been a member for over a year I believe and only have made maybe 20 something posts, knowledge leads to strength and you won't find it by having people do the work for you.

Sorry about the rant, but that's my two scents.

Cheers

Dougie where do i find your log? i get the idea of it and it sounds good i just want to see how much "fibrous veggies" i should be including.

Dougie where do i find your log? i get the idea of it and it sounds good i just want to see how much "fibrous veggies" i should be including.
    It's in members cycle but I eat 6-9oz of fiberous veggies with almost every meal on no carb days I don't think I included my exact number of veggies in my log.

blummy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post

Post your weight in pounds please.
    Kg's to lb is just: kg X 2.2 as in 1kg =2.2lb

cheers mate i'll give it a go, i have my cheat meal on sundays, do you recommend if i do lower body power on the sunday morning?
    or should i have my cheat meal on a non training day?

also: the ab routine, can i do that with my cardio day?
    if you are following baselines plan, you would be training mon, tues and thurs, fri.......so don't understand legs on sunday? unless you are rolling the plan.

mate IMO have your cheat meal when ever you want it, if you want it sunday then have it then.

mate do the abb routine whenever you want (just try not to do on consecutive days)

you are over thinking it, just get a plan, stick to it.

Thread Information