Thread: Vegetarian

drkrishnafunk is offline Female Member

Vegetarian

Hello. I was vegan for a couple of years because of diary sensitivities but I just recently started adding some dairy back into my diet. My concern was that I wasn't getting enough protein. I took some time tonight to plan my food for tomorrow and I am ok calorie, fat and carb wise but when it comes to protein I am over 100 grams less than what is recommended. I am struggling with thinking of things to add without going over my carbs. I am very new to this tracking thing so I am not sure if I am making to big of a deal about going over my carbs. Can anyone help me out? There is no way I would be able to add meat or eggs to my diet because ick!! I couldn't even do it as a child.

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drkrishnafunk View Post
    Hello. I was vegan for a couple of years because of diary sensitivities but I just recently started adding some dairy back into my diet. My concern was that I wasn't getting enough protein. I took some time tonight to plan my food for tomorrow and I am ok calorie, fat and carb wise but when it comes to protein I am over 100 grams less than what is recommended. I am struggling with thinking of things to add without going over my carbs. I am very new to this tracking thing so I am not sure if I am making to big of a deal about going over my carbs. Can anyone help me out? There is no way I would be able to add meat or eggs to my diet because ick!! I couldn't even do it as a child.
    They have soy protein,hemp protein, alot of various options for vegetarians.

And what are you stats?

poison is offline Junior Member
    I have a lot of vegetarian friends. Lots of milk is key, and you should invest in protein powders. In general, look for tofu, lentils, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. If you're really worried about carbs, though, adding a couple of 0 carb protein shakes per day in is probably you're best bet. Both casein and whey are milk derivatives so no worries with regards to animals.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Eggs and whey isolate products are your best friends if you are a vegetarian.

dinogoesrawr is offline Associate Member
    I am vegetarian too. I take whey, eggs, milk, cheese, almond/nuts, sometimes greek yogurt/cottage cheese, lots of lentils etc almost daily It CAN be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    She said no eggs I think she should stick plant derived protien too is she is sensitive to milk products right ?

armorking is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Turkish Juicer, exactly bro, good info there!
    simdi asil konuya gelelim ;p birader bir konu var istisare etmek isterim mumkunse, msn vs. varmi?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707
    She said no eggs I think she should stick plant derived protien too is she is sensitive to milk products right ?
    I've read some ppl supplement with pea protein.

Thread Information