Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By gbrice75
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Best way to lose fat?

klesiak is offline New Member

Best way to lose fat?

I'm 38, former college athlete, i'm 70 lbs over weight. Aside from a good diet and exercise, what supplements or fat burners will help me lose the weight???

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    For now, just eat less and move more.
    When you're actually overweight, losing fat is easy (much easier than when you're already lean).
    Java Man likes this.

dude700 is offline Junior Member
    At the end of the day, you'd want to be at about a 500 deficit while cutting.

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klesiak View Post
    I'm 38, former college athlete, i'm 70 lbs over weight. Aside from a good diet and exercise, what supplements or fat burners will help me lose the weight???
    Agree with Bonaparte no supplement will do as good as a great diet and cardio, look at the stickies in this section the are labeled with "IMPORTANT" in front of them. Also remember everyone is different so you need to monitor your body and progress and tweak diet and excersize as you good good luck man easier than you might think it is.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    First, welcome to the board!

Next - there is no 'aside'. Diet and exercise is everything. Proper nutrition, coupled with a solid weight training and cardio plan will bring on the transformation you want to see. Supplements account for about 5% if that, IMO.

For now just supplement with a good multivitamin/mineral, fish oil, and protein powders if needed, to reach your protein goal which may not be able to hit at times with real food. Discipline and consistency - those are the 'secrets'.

i'm realizing from looking over this website that i have NO IDEA what i'm doing. so let me lay this out there:

i'm 6'1", 265. my athletic weight was 190 (10 years ago).
    my friend just gave me WINNY and a workout plan and a diet plan and said FOLLOW THIS AND YOU'LL LOSE A TON OF WEIGHT AND GET RIPPED.
    After reading the forums, WINNY is NOT to be touched when I'm this overweight, CORRECT?

WHEN do i use the winny? He gave me the pills because i'm terrified of needles.

My diet is as follows:
    first thing in the morning - isopure, banana, yogurt, & water in blender... & drink a glass of water
    2nd meal - can of tuna (with some mustard for taste) & some nuts, glass of water...
    3rd meal - chicken cutlet, cucumber, tomato, some beats, in a bowl w a touch of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste... & water...
    4th meal - either the tuna thing again or chicken again, this time over a salad.
    5th meal - another shake but with peanut butter this time.

i have a tremendous opportunity to really make some good money if i can get back into athletic shape again. i'm not a slacker, i work hard and i will do what is needed to lose the weight and get back in shape. IS ANYTHING IN LA who may be willing to meet up? it may sound stupid, but i'm so use to being "coached" when it comes to fitness that i feel like i NEED that human presence, someone to actually talk with about this.

again, i'm open to any advice and i REALLy appreciate the time you guys have taken to reply to my posts.

i'm realizing from looking over this website that i have NO IDEA what i'm doing. so let me lay this out there:

my friend just gave me WINNY and a workout plan and a diet plan and said FOLLOW THIS AND YOU'LL LOSE A TON OF WEIGHT AND GET RIPPED.
    After reading the forums, WINNY is NOT to be touched when I'm this overweight, CORRECT?
    With all due respect, your friend is an idiot. The fact that he gave you AAS and you having no cycling history (my assumption, based on your post), experience or knowledge with them speaks volumes. Personally, I wouldn't listen to another thing this guy has to say. Chances are his diet and training advice are as haphazard as his AAS 'advice'.

Being over weight is only 1 factor. Besides that, you haven't learned how to train and eat (again, an assumption based on your post - otherwise you wouldn't be here looking for help, right!?) properly to facilitate and or maintain gains, or fat loss for that matter. So yea, I would forget about the winny.

You don't, because you're not planning to use them in tandem with (injectable) testosterone , which is a BIG mistake which will wreak havoc on your HPTA. You'll be shutting down your natural test production with winny and aren't replacing it with exogenous test. Did your friend talk to you about PCT? I doubt it. So once you stop the winny, you'll have a completely suppressed HPTA and no plans/knowledge of how to kickstart it back up.

Reason enough!?

My diet is as follows:
    first thing in the morning - isopure, banana, yogurt, & water in blender... & drink a glass of water
    2nd meal - can of tuna (with some mustard for taste) & some nuts, glass of water...
    3rd meal - chicken cutlet, cucumber, tomato, some beats, in a bowl w a touch of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste... & water...
    4th meal - either the tuna thing again or chicken again, this time over a salad.
    I can only comment on food choices at this point as I'll need to know your macro nutrient breakdown (protein/carbs/fats) per meal to go any further. All in all, they're pretty decent. Meal 1 seems like a lot of sugar though (banana + yogurt) - one sure fire way to stop fat loss from occurring is to have high circulating levels of insulin . Sugar will trigger an insulin surge. So for me, when losing bodyfat is the primary focus, sugars are out. Fruit and all.

Also, what is your estimated BF%? If you don't know, use this as a guide:

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...men-women.html

More greens would be nice to see. Where does your workout fit into this schedule? Actually, do you *have* a workout regimen? What about cardio?

i have a tremendous opportunity to really make some good money if i can get back into athletic shape again. i'm not a slacker, i work hard and i will do what is needed to lose the weight and get back in shape. IS ANYTHING IN LA who may be willing to meet up? it may sound stupid, but i'm so use to being "coached" when it comes to fitness that i feel like i NEED that human presence, someone to actually talk with about this.
    Can't help you with this, but if you're ever in Jersey, hit me up - we'll have a workout together.

again, i'm open to any advice and i REALLy appreciate the time you guys have taken to reply to my posts.
    Stick around, and learn, learn, LEARN!!! Definitely read the sticky's, here are a few to start with:

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...%2A%2A%2A.html
    WMSuperSport likes this.

firstly. Fair play to wising up. As for being ten years out of shape. Look up my one.year to the day thread.

If i can do it. Anyone can. But its does.take.time. it does take.effort. n a shedload of planning and.determination. the good thing is. Youve been there already so u can go there again mate. Seriously.

These guys on here. Damn. They are like an open.encyclopedia of knowledge tips. Ideas the lot. All you have to do is use them.

Imagine your a to b goal like a puzzle. Now. U can try pick up pieces at random. Oru can plan each bit. The.framework. the groups or sections. You plan it all.n just do it. And all the rest will.come.naturally.

Id say first go nutrition.section. maybe read gbrices log hes the nutritional guru ;-), but everyone is here n happy to help you. N youll feel amazin once ur on the road!!

good.luck!!!

GUYS I REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. Ok, so I'm going to save the winny until I'm lean THEN you guys can tell me how to use it. I guess its going to take me a few months to lean down. As far as my body fat, I'm honestly saying at least 50% at this point. I'M ACTUALLY FROM NJ and moved to LA last year and yes i visit all the time and would love to work out with you and get a better idea of what the hell I'm doing.

MY WORKOUT IS AS FOLLOWS:
    day 1 - 3 mile hike (placed called RUNYON CANYON that many people here use to train on).
    day 2 - pushups and basketball (a good 2 hours of basketball).
    day 3 - HIKE again and a light ARM workout.
    day 4 - basketball and pushups
    day 5 - hike again
    then i take the weekend off.

I'M COMPLETELY WILLING TO CHANGE MY SCHEDULE IF SOMEONE CAN RECOMMEND ONE FOR ME. I WOULD PREFER A WORKOUT PLAN THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE WEIGHTS JUST YET.

i would like to stay away from weights right now until i feel strong enough to do them properly. once i'm up to 100 pushups, THEN i'll maybe hit the gym..

I'm too fat for pull-ups right now. but i can use my surroundings to get things done: dips, whatever i need to do i'll do it.

WHAT OTHER VEGGIES SHOULD I EAT??? SHOULD I GET A JUICER?

ALSO, what about hydroxycut and all that stuff. i took it a few times and it did give me some energy. or should i just stay away from that shit all together?

Quote Originally Posted by klesiak
    GUYS I REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. Ok, so I'm going to save the winny until I'm lean THEN you guys can tell me how to use it. I guess its going to take me a few months to lean down. As far as my body fat, I'm honestly saying at least 50% at this point. I'M ACTUALLY FROM NJ and moved to LA last year and yes i visit all the time and would love to work out with you and get a better idea of what the hell I'm doing.
    Nice... small world!!

day 1 - 3 mile hike (placed called RUNYON CANYON that many people here use to train on).
    day 5 - hike again

I'M COMPLETELY WILLING TO CHANGE MY SCHEDULE IF SOMEONE CAN RECOMMEND ONE FOR ME. I WOULD PREFER A WORKOUT PLAN THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE WEIGHTS JUST YET.

i would like to stay away from weights right now until i feel strong enough to do them properly. once i'm up to 100 pushups, THEN i'll maybe hit the gym..
    This is flawed thinking bro. More muscle = higher caloric requirements (which could mean more fat loss depending on how you play your cards)... the time to start is NOW! If you wait on push ups to make you stronger, you'll be waiting a lifetime. Weight training should be a part of any well established fat loss routine.

'm too fat for pull-ups right now. but i can use my surroundings to get things done: dips, whatever i need to do i'll do it.
    So you so weight-assisted pull ups. Or lat pulldowns. Or a myriad of other exercises.

I'm on my phone right now so can't comment in detail. More tomorrow.

ALSO, what about hydroxycut and all that stuff. i took it a few times and it did give me some energy. or should i just stay away from that shit all together?
    It didn't give you 'energy', it gave you the perception of energy mainly via CNS stimulation. You don't necessarily have to stay away from it, but refer to my earlier post, re: supplements.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member

Correct. You will not notice the benefits of winny unless you are very lean when you begin running it. You will not notice a difference whatsoever. Maybe a difference in hardness of muscles but nothing more. Even if you were lean enough, you still wouldn't want to touch it until you have a ton of research under your belt. You'll also not want to run it without a test base IMO.

When you are more educated on aas and when you are very lean. Oh and when you have test to run with it.

My diet is as follows:
    Macros?

We can "coach" you on here. What kind of "coaching" are you looking for? Ask any questions that you might have and everyone will be happen to give your their opinions whether it's diet, training, gear, etc. We're all here to help each other out.

I posted a few things in red. Good luck!

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    with you being so overweight any kind of stimulant or AAS will be super hard on your heart! you need to lose 50lbs with the tried and true method of better eating(not diet) and cardio.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ---> SNIPP
    day 5 - hike again
    klesiak,

Google "Musclehack THT" and you will find a workout plan that you can just start and follow. If you want a diet that you can also just start and follow look into Musclehacks TSPA book. Changed my life anyhow!

IMHO There is WAY to much cardio in there. Most people on here do a minimum amount of cardio as it will (depending on how it is done) make you loose muscle.

Thanks
    ~T

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg

klesiak,

Google "Musclehack THT" and you will find a workout plan that you can just start and follow. If you want a diet that you can also just start and follow look into Musclehacks TSPA book. Changed my life anyhow!

IMHO There is WAY to much cardio in there. Most people on here do a minimum amount of cardio as it will (depending on how it is done) make you loose muscle.

Thanks
    ~T
    Unless he's starving himself (which, if he follows the advice offered here, he won't be), he'll hardly have to worry about muscle loss. By his own admission, he's upwards of 50% bodyfat (he's probably being too hard on himself though). His body has no good reason to give up (relatively low) muscle mass when there's plenty of stored fat to be burned. After all, that why we store fat to begin with - as an energy reserve when calories are 'scarce'.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Welcome!

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If I can offer any advice just briefly looking at your food for the day, under eating is just as detrimental as over eating.
    I would add some complex carbs to your list and some vegetables.
    Losing weight isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

Best of luck!

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Unless he's starving himself (which, if he follows the advice offered here, he won't be), he'll hardly have to worry about muscle loss. By his own admission, he's upwards of 50% bodyfat (he's probably being too hard on himself though). His body has no good reason to give up (relatively low) muscle mass when there's plenty of stored fat to be burned. After all, that why we store fat to begin with - as an energy reserve when calories are 'scarce'.
    You have a point and I might be to much on the other side with only 10min HIIT a couple of time/week.

Thanks
    ~T
    gbrice75 likes this.

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    there are many different approaches to accomplish your goal, but they all boil down to "eat less, move more" (as bonaparte mentioned!).

of course, you want to be as effective as possible in the way you go about "eating less and moving more".

there are a number of folks on this forum who are willing to share helpful information (as well as a few idiots! ). but ultimately, it is up to you to decide your course of action and then implement it.

just get going with some kind of plan and then "tweak it" as you go. sounds like this is exactly what you are doing. you'll be fine!

Thread Information