optionsdude is offline Member

TDEE fit link inaccuracies and diet.Suggestions?

Ok bought a fit link to determine what my TDEE is. I don't think it's very accurate. I am a driver and it's logging steps and moderate activity when I'm driving. The first part of my day I can understand I'm in bumper to bumper traffic and theres a lot of activity to go about 20 miles in an hour,mostly dodging idiots. But the last 2 hours of my day,early am hours I'm on cruise control. I'm sure singing and banging on the steering wheel burns some calories,but doing 40 min of cardio on the stationary bike and sitting in the tractor are registering pretty much the same energy expended.

My meals are generally the same everyday.Breakfast 1 cup oats 2 tbsp peanut butter and 2 bananas. Lunch 2 chicken thighs or 1 chicken breast(boneless skinless)or other protein if available. Cardio ,30-40 min bike,or combo of 30-40 min rowing,rope climber,and bike,and stretching. Protien shake after cardio and stretching. Another banana as a snack app hour later. App 2 hours later 2 chicken thighs or 1 breast. App 2 hours later big green salad 2 tbsp measured dressing,and 1 cup cottage cheese. App 2 hours after that protein bar last thing to eat. Then I lift after work app 2 hr's after the protein bar. Total macros according to myfitness pal are listed next.

According to the fit link from yesterday I burned approx 3,900 calories and consumed approx 2080 calories. The breakdown according to my fitness pal is 175g of carbs,80g of fat,193g of protein,80g of sugar. Most of the sugar and carbs comes from the oatmeal and 2 bananas from breakfast and the protein bar I have for a snack.

My main concern is that my weight loss is going ever so slow. I know I'm talking about scale weight. I've lost some BF for sure almost 4 inches off the waistline since the beginning of the year. However weight has only gone down 12 lbs and plateaus are at least 2-3 weeks long sometimes longer. I've been at 190-192 for almost 5 weeks now. I don't think I am running a 1800 calorie deficit as the fit link would say but at least 500-800 calorie deficit. My diet is the same on the weekends with an occassional cheat item very rarely, no more than once a month. I usually get in at least 4-5 days of cardio and 5-6 days of lifting.

I ended a blast last month of 400 mg test c and 300 mg deca . I added an extra protein shake at the end of the day while doing the blast to keep the protein above 200 g daily. I am back on TRT dose of app 175 mg test c .5 mg of adex EOD and 250 iu HCG 2 days before injection and the day before injection.

Am I just being to critical about the scale? It's obvious to me and everyone else that I've lost weight. Smaller waist and veins on my forearms are very noticeable. Can I continue to shed BF on this diet? I plan on continuing this or a similar diet from now on. As summer approaches I do add some fruit besides bananas,cherries will be here soon,then apricots and plums. I sometimes substitute broccoli or asparagus for the salad.
    Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    3,900 is alot of calories idk why don't you just do the calculation?

What calculation?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    If you want to really know what's going on you need to log stuff...

Weight yourself everyday.... Weight all your food accurately.... Shoot for a slow weight loss of about 1 lb a week and maximise your caloric intake where ever possible.....

Personally I'd switch ur macros up tho.... Fats don't need to be at 80g....You want to mobilise fatty acids, not supply a constant 'drip feed' of them.... You will be far better with higher carbs....

Shoot for 200p 55f 230c..... The calories are not far off what your currently doing but the macro breakdown is better IMO.... Will allow you to train harder and burn more in the long term.....

If you want to rotate carbs maybe drop them down to 200 on non training days and have a re-feed once a week where you go to about 300g.... Drop protein in this day to 185g....

Be accurate and monitor progress precisely for 2 weeks and then re-assess.... Do not change stuff too soon.... Watch the progress and make adjustments based on your data over the long term.... Look for a trend of about 1lb weight loss per week....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

poison is offline Junior Member
    Baseline is right. The best way to figure our TDEE is just through diet manipulation. You can get a rough estimate using the online calculators. Iifym . com has a good one.

Thanks guys. I'll try changing the macros around to less fat and a few more carbs. I think the higher fat is from chicken thighs instead of breast meat. I find it hard sometimes to get enough protein in so I'm gonna add some to the breakfast meal.
    Thanks

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    my wife got me a fit bit and gave it to me a couple days ago. i wore it the first day and then had to take it off to go out in the boat and have forgotten about it since!

rough maintenance starting point: LBM x 15

adjust based on results!

After you wear the fit bit for a while give us a review. Costco is advertising another one right now so I will take back the fit link and try it. I'm just trying to get a guesstimate on my average calories burned at work. My diet in the past was way off as was the timing of my meals. I have a much better understanding now after reading rough some posts here in the nutrition section. I don't have a problem eating the same way all of the time once I get started on a plan. I was in the south a few weeks ago and only had 1 biscuit with a little gravy and no Dr Pepper's. and only diet cherry limeades when I went to the sonic. Other than that it was grilled chicken and fish,salad and oatmeal my usual. My mom and sisters think I'm nuts but that's ok. They're all overweight and I'm not.

Thread Information