Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By baseline_9
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: Milk

dickster is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Milk

Semi skimmed milk, good or bad for lean muscle. Heard sugar content is high, oats with water is it.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    too vague of a question. IMO milk in moderation is fine. i drink it and i look pretty dang good aside from this fat i picked up while on vacay but i assure u it wasnt from drinking too much milk!

if ur trying to cut below 10% bf i would drop the milk at 10%..

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ahhh....the old milk question.....again. I personally don't drink it any more and haven't for three years now. Only almond milk for me - except now while Im cutting: water, water, water!!!!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Until someone backs up the 'milk is bad' debate with anything at all....... I'm not buying it...

Just like any other food source it is just macros at the end if the day.... You body doesn't go 'fuk, this cvnt is drinking milk... Is that on the bad list... Yeh... Ok, let's store it as bodyfat then'

Lol I think that is how people think this whole thing about food choices works lol.... Like we have little chipmunks in our stomach that decide if the food is a good food or bad food....

It's just numbers at the end if the day.... The rules of Thermodynamics do not change because we label a food type as 'good' or 'bad'....
    BluPhin likes this.
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

^^ maybe we can bribe the chipmunks with pecans?? LMFAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    Until someone backs up the 'milk is bad' debate with anything at all....... I'm not buying it...

Just like any other food source it is just macros at the end if the day.... You body doesn't go 'fuk, this cvnt is drinking milk... Is that on the bad list... Yeh... Ok, let's store it as bodyfat then'

Lol I think that is how people think this whole thing about food choices works lol.... Like we have little chipmunks in our stomach that decide if the food is a good food or bad food....

It's just numbers at the end if the day.... The rules of Thermodynamics do not change because we label a food type as 'good' or 'bad'....
    I don't disagree. For my cutting cycle its about caloric restriction and limiting sources of sugar.

personally i think there is a predisposition to store carbs and fat as fat vs protein, its just my opinion based on my experience. i believe macro splits can dictate body composition such as 50/30/20 pro/carb/fat will keep me leaner than 20/50/30 pro/carb/fat with cals being the same..

i also think nutrient timing have a bearing such as cycling carbs based on activity vs eating the same carbs everyday..

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the sugar in milk (lactose) bothers a lot of people, self included. one of the sides is a lot of gas production. couple that with the protein powder many of us consume, and drinking more than a glass or two a day can make you someone to avoid in confined spaces.

if you must drink milk, probably pre workout would be ideal, to get the most out of the simple carbs you are ingesting.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    ^^ maybe we can bribe the chipmunks with pecans?? LMFAO!!!
    I'm starving my chipmunks. I think they'd be grateful for a glass of milk!!! Lol
    baseline_9 likes this.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    personally i think there is a predisposition to store carbs and fat as fat vs protein, its just my opinion based on my experience. i believe macro splits can dictate body composition such as 50/30/20 pro/carb/fat will keep me leaner than 20/50/30 pro/carb/fat with cals being the same..

i also think nutrient timing have a bearing such as cycling carbs based on activity vs eating the same carbs everyday..
    I think your right....

I believe people need to think more about macros than they do food choices.... If you hit 'optimum' macros on a daily basis consistently over and over again food choices do not matter...The body see's macros, not food packages....

And even the insulin debate is questionable.... A storage hormone can only store what you give it..... So insulin levels are not as important as what people think..... People don't see the bigger picture...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Many people find themselves feeling perpetually hungry while cutting. If you enjoy a couple glasses of milk daily, yet find yourself feeling hungry more often than not. I would recommend the switch to almond milk then fill in those saved calories with some more solid foods to help keep you feeling full a little longer.

Personally I drink whole milk daily, and can't say that I've seen a huge difference in fat loss. Much like baseline I simply aim for my macros, and carry on with my day.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I drink 2 or more gallons of either 1% or 2% milk every week I mix all of my protein in milk. Always have. I do everything by instinct now though and I don't compete so it's not a critical issue for me.

Thread Information