Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Visceral Fat

  1. #1
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582

    Visceral Fat

    This Few months i'm on bulking !!! so i eat alot and my visceral fat from 2 now increase to 8. and i eat pretty clean.

    what happen to me? anyone? or have any supplement can decrease my visceral fat?

  2. #2
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    How did you measure your visceral fat?

  3. #3
    poison is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    55
    Are you sure you mean visceral fat? 2 to 8 what?

  4. #4
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    yup. use the BIA machine to measure

  5. #5
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    yup. use the BIA machine to measure
    bioelectrical impedance devices suck IMO..

    http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/cgi/vi...3&context=ijes

    Early consumer
    -
    grade BIA machines
    measured specific segments either the arms
    via hand
    -
    to
    -
    hand devices or the legs via
    foot
    -
    to
    -
    foot scales. Research comparing
    these machin
    es to a gold standard for body
    composition has demonstrated significant
    correlations, but not strong validity (7, 8, 17,
    18). As research has identified visceral fat
    as having the greatest relative risk (3, 12, 13,
    14, 15) BIA machines were developed that
    measure individual segments including the
    trunk. Even though these BIA machines can
    identify %BF in the abdomen or trunk
    ,
    or
    you can measure an abdominal skinfold,
    none of the currently researched midrange
    clinical or consumer
    -
    grade devices were
    able to di
    fferentiate between subcutaneous
    and visceral fat in the abdomen.
    Even the
    more expensive methods like DEXA
    currently being used in large
    epidemiological studies cannot identify the
    difference
    (14). It must be assumed the
    trunk measure in all these asses
    sments is a
    combination of subcutaneous and visceral
    fat.

  6. #6
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

    bioelectrical impedance devices suck IMO..

    http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/cgi/vi...3&context=ijes

    Early consumer
    -
    grade BIA machines
    measured specific segments either the arms
    via hand
    -
    to
    -
    hand devices or the legs via
    foot
    -
    to
    -
    foot scales. Research comparing
    these machin
    es to a gold standard for body
    composition has demonstrated significant
    correlations, but not strong validity (7, 8, 17,
    18). As research has identified visceral fat
    as having the greatest relative risk (3, 12, 13,
    14, 15) BIA machines were developed that
    measure individual segments including the
    trunk. Even though these BIA machines can
    identify %BF in the abdomen or trunk, or
    you can measure an abdominal skinfold,
    none of the currently researched midrange
    clinical or consumer
    -
    grade devices were
    able to di
    fferentiate between subcutaneous
    and visceral fat in the abdomen. Even the
    more expensive methods like DEXA
    currently being used in large
    epidemiological studies cannot identify the
    difference (14). It must be assumed the
    trunk measure in all these asses
    sments is a
    combination of subcutaneous and visceral
    fat.
    Wow. Thanks for it man. When i see my visceral fat went up so high. I damn scared. Lol

  7. #7
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Why dont u post ur diet and lets see what ur problem is.. Include complete stats (age, weight height bf%) with cals and macros

  8. #8
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Why dont u post ur diet and lets see what ur problem is.. Include complete stats (age, weight height bf%) with cals and macros
    Alright. I eat 4000cals per day
    Here my sample meal.
    Exp.Brown rice+ boiled chicken breast+ steam broccoli+flax seed oil/coconut oil.
    Every meals i eat almost the same
    My macros is 55%carbs 30%fats 15% protein.

  9. #9
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    My stats
    Age: 23
    Height: 171 cm
    Weight: 76kg
    Bf : 13/14%

  10. #10
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Your diet/macros's would make me fat too and I have over 25lbs on you.

    How did you arrive at that?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  11. #11
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    Alright. I eat 4000cals per day
    Here my sample meal.
    Exp.Brown rice+ boiled chicken breast+ steam broccoli+flax seed oil/coconut oil.
    Every meals i eat almost the same
    My macros is 55%carbs 30%fats 15% protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    My stats
    Age: 23
    Height: 171 cm
    Weight: 76kg
    Bf : 13/14%
    at ur stats ur rough maintenance = 2200cals

    bulk: 2700cals

    cut: id prob go 1900cals

    ur 1300cals over ur bulking starting numbers.. itd be good to figure ur metabolic rate thru experience (obviously) but u have to start somewhere. id run 2700 and see how u do over 2-4 weeks.. take tape measurements of the waist, shoulders, chest, thigh, bicep.. then adjust ur cals accordingly. if u waist stays relatively the same and the others are getting bigger id increase cals by maybe 100-200 and then do it again after a couple weeks.. when the waist starts growing its time to stop increasing cals and reduce back to right around where ur waist was not getting much bigger..

    it takes time man. i think u went WAY over!

    ur split is also off IMO. u have 85% cals coming from fat and carbs. this is a recipe for fat gain. carbs and fat are necessary but when u have an abundance of one, the other needs to be low IMO. u have an abundance of both. these are the 2 macros responsible for most of ur fat gain IMO. carbs for me and a lot of others being the primary culprit.

  12. #12
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Because of my job i have to eat that much. Im a group/lesmills instructor. So i do alot of cardio. I need to eat that much to maintaince. Sorry. I didnt make it clear.

  13. #13
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    I did alots of cardio. Any advise of what marco should i follow?

  14. #14
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    Because of my job i have to eat that much. Im a group/lesmills instructor. So i do alot of cardio. I need to eat that much to maintaince. Sorry. I didnt make it clear.
    well if the premise behind ur OP (fat gain) is correct it appears u do NOT "have" to eat that much because of ur job, and the thinking that led u to that conclusion is flawed..

    what were ur beginning stats when starting this bulk? how long have u bulked?

  15. #15
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

    well if the premise behind ur OP (fat gain) is correct it appears u do NOT "have" to eat that much because of ur job, and the thinking that led u to that conclusion is flawed..

    what were ur beginning stats when starting this bulk? how long have u bulked?
    before I starting this bulk my stats are 71kg 11/12% bf. I used 4months to gain this freaking 5kg. Lame. I just don't like to be small . Please help !!!

  16. #16
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Bump

  17. #17
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    well if u went from 71kg 11%bf (139lbs LBM) 17lbs fat

    to 76kg 14%bf (143lbs LBM) 23lbs fat

    u gained 4lbs LBM and 6lbs fat

    definitely could have done better if this was over 4 months but we live and learn.. were u on any compounds?

  18. #18
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well if u went from 71kg 11%bf (139lbs LBM) 17lbs fat

    to 76kg 14%bf (143lbs LBM) 23lbs fat

    u gained 4lbs LBM and 6lbs fat

    definitely could have done better if this was over 4 months but we live and learn.. were u on any compounds?
    i'm not on any compounds. so should i lower down my cals? what what marco good for me due to my job?

  19. #19
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Bump

  20. #20
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    personally if i were u id go with standard 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat split and see how u do on it.

    where u have ur cals set is dependant on whether u wanna continue bulking or cut bf%??

    2200cals seems to be ur rough maintenance. if u want to reduce ur bf% i would suggest simply eating 2200cals and see what ur body does. this will help u pinpoint how close this is to ur maintenance. if ur losing fat u can keep going until u get back to where u want to be and then once ur lean enuff u could increase cals by maybe 100-200 and stay there for 2-3 weeks and see where u stop losing fat. at this point u could continue increasing cals by 100-200 per week until u start gaining fat. this will help u figure out ur maintenance.

  21. #21
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    personally if i were u id go with standard 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat split and see how u do on it.

    where u have ur cals set is dependant on whether u wanna continue bulking or cut bf%??

    2200cals seems to be ur rough maintenance. if u want to reduce ur bf% i would suggest simply eating 2200cals and see what ur body does. this will help u pinpoint how close this is to ur maintenance. if ur losing fat u can keep going until u get back to where u want to be and then once ur lean enuff u could increase cals by maybe 100-200 and stay there for 2-3 weeks and see where u stop losing fat. at this point u could continue increasing cals by 100-200 per week until u start gaining fat. this will help u figure out ur maintenance.
    Thanks really appreciate it. Last question how about if I to bulking?

  22. #22
    gearbox's Avatar
    gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,355
    Then concept your bulking just go up one two or three hundred calories and see how your body responds.

  23. #23
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    One more question. I use heart rate monitor count how many calories I burn before. 1 class I burn around 600clas. So do I need to eat another 600 to cover back ?

  24. #24
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    One more question. I use heart rate monitor count how many calories I burn before. 1 class I burn around 600clas. So do I need to eat another 600 to cover back ?
    see how ur body responds and adjust according to what ur trying to do. i would NOT increase cals that much right off the rip..

  25. #25
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    see how ur body responds and adjust according to what ur trying to do. i would NOT increase cals that much right off the rip..
    I'm trying to bulk. And I have 2 class per day. It give me a hard time. Damn

  26. #26
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44
    One more question. I use heart rate monitor count how many calories I burn before. 1 class I burn around 600clas. So do I need to eat another 600 to cover back ?
    Nope. You would be burning calories during that hour anyway. Maybe 100 maybe 150, maybe a different figure. So your net calorie burn may only be 400-500cals
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  27. #27
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black

    Nope. You would be burning calories during that hour anyway. Maybe 100 maybe 150, maybe a different figure. So your net calorie burn may only be 400-500cals

    So all I need to do is just Find out my maintain cals. And if I want to bulk just up 100 or 200 clas? And even that day I have class still consume the same calories?

  28. #28
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44

    So all I need to do is just Find out my maintain cals. And if I want to bulk just up 100 or 200 clas? And even that day I have class still consume the same calories?
    Really you need to work it out over a week and calculate from there. Then, it's up to you whether you eat more on class days or you eat the same every day. Either way, try what you think are your maintenance calories for a week or 2 and if there is no change in weight or body composition then you van start adding calories. I would be adding 300cals per day to start.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  29. #29
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black

    Really you need to work it out over a week and calculate from there. Then, it's up to you whether you eat more on class days or you eat the same every day. Either way, try what you think are your maintenance calories for a week or 2 and if there is no change in weight or body composition then you van start adding calories. I would be adding 300cals per day to start.

    I have direction now. Really appreciate it .
    Thanks bib

  30. #30
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44

    I have direction now. Really appreciate it .
    Thanks bib
    NP buddy, let us know how you get on. Good luck
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  31. #31
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Finally i found out my maintain cals.
    Is 3500(due to my super active job).
    Have one question. Im looking for lean bulk. So i will add 300cals and my macros ratio is 50% 30% 20%.
    Is that ok?

  32. #32
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    at ur stats ur rough maintenance = 2200cals

    bulk: 2700cals

    cut: id prob go 1900cals

    ur 1300cals over ur bulking starting numbers.. itd be good to figure ur metabolic rate thru experience (obviously) but u have to start somewhere. id run 2700 and see how u do over 2-4 weeks.. take tape measurements of the waist, shoulders, chest, thigh, bicep.. then adjust ur cals accordingly. if u waist stays relatively the same and the others are getting bigger id increase cals by maybe 100-200 and then do it again after a couple weeks.. when the waist starts growing its time to stop increasing cals and reduce back to right around where ur waist was not getting much bigger..

    it takes time man. i think u went WAY over!

    ur split is also off IMO. u have 85% cals coming from fat and carbs. this is a recipe for fat gain. carbs and fat are necessary but when u have an abundance of one, the other needs to be low IMO. u have an abundance of both. these are the 2 macros responsible for most of ur fat gain IMO. carbs for me and a lot of others being the primary culprit.
    Off topic so if I need to make a new thread just let me know but I think most of your advice is sound and based on principles that work. I just want to see your point of view in the bolded. Are you talking specifically about de novo lipogensis or just generally that when you're at your desired fat and protein macro goals it doesn't leave much room for carbs? Or even carb tolerance?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •