Thread: Diet and Work

Alann314 is offline Junior Member

Diet and Work

So I'm pretty sure a lot of us have the problem of trying to bulk but work gets in the way of filling our needed calories throughout the day. I just wanted to see what some of you can recommend for me. I'm currently 5'5 and 125 pounds. I work mon-Friday and the shifts are only 6 hours but I get no lunch and rarely have downtime. So this is where I want some advice. When I clock in I work 2 hours and take about a 10 minute break and I scruff down 2 hotdogs real quick, I know it's not the best form of carbs, fat and protein but I can't manage a full meal in 10 minutes. Another 2 hours pass and then I down a protein shake (serious mass). After another 2 hours I'm clocked out and on my way home for a real meal. Should I stick to this or change it up?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    You are only working 6 hour shifts... Large meals before and after work, and slam a protein shake with some oats in it mid shift....even if you couldn't do this you would still be all right, just keep focused on hitting your total numbers each day. Meal timing is not essential.

Bud I work 13 hour shifts and work in out back Australia for 2 weeks straight, you learn to adjust and make things work... I still consistently eat 3600 cals and stick to my macros...Your problem is minimal..

Alann314 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    You are only working 6 hour shifts... Large meals before and after work, and slam a protein shake with some oats in it mid shift....even if you couldn't do this you would still be all right, just keep focused on hitting your total numbers each day. Meal timing is not essential.

Bud I work 13 hour shifts and work in out back Australia for 2 weeks straight, you learn to adjust and make things work... I still consistently eat 3600 cals and stick to my macros...Your problem is minimal..
    That's very good to know. My goal throughout the day is to go all day without having a moment where I think to myself "o I'm a little hungry". I'm pretty sure I can do the oats and shake mid shift no problem.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Agree with AUS!

After large meal you are fine for 4hours than get shake+oats+banana....

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alann314

That's very good to know. My goal throughout the day is to go all day without having a moment where I think to myself "o I'm a little hungry". I'm pretty sure I can do the oats and shake mid shift no problem.
    You can drive your self nuts thinking this, I know I've been there.. Just hit your calories for the day and you will be fine, eat slower digesting foods to prevent feeling hungry if that bothers you.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    agree with above. 6 hrs with no food is fine..

is there no.way u can just tub sometthin n eat it cold?, i mean yeh. U caaan have a 'bulked out' shake if u add some extras. But if u can dothat. Surely u can tub a meal. Just nuke.some.frozen.veg n frozen white fish n tub it. Or.veg n cal spray fry some turkey breast/steak/chicken breast. Whichever u prefer.

But yeh. Otherwise. Have a more than heavy meal. Kepp that meat chunky n itll take a day to digest haha. Good.luck with.it mate

Thread Information