Freestyle Child is offline Junior Member

Starting my diet

Hey folks, just finally really getting the itch to get my diet down pat. I've had it dialed in before and it faded away on me so finally want to start eating a bulking diet.

I've got an excel spreadsheet formatted with everything, I haven't made my meals yet I'm just looking for some input.

I've calculated my BMR=1372 and TDEE for maintenance=2127 but going to stick it to 2200.

These numbers are probably super small in your eyes, but for 19 y/o 6'2 and 170lbs (was 190, recently diagnosed with thyroid disease) i'm ready to make moves and not be the "skinny kid" anymore.

So as far as BMR and TDEE, I'm curious on how I should calculate my macros for pro/fat/carb?
    Also should my meals be separated into pro/carb and pro/fat to give me a cleaner bulk ?

Will be shooting for minimum 6 meals a day.

I WANT INPUT PLZ! FC .

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    Welcome bro, why dont you start with the cutting stickies . Post a your diet and i will be more than happy to help u

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    Welcome bro, why dont you start with the cutting stickies . Post a your diet and i will be more than happy to help u
    6'2 and 170lbs, cutting stickies? lol jk bro ill give them a look im just curious on macros

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    Also , what is wrong with your thyroid ? Is it something serious ?

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle Child
    Hey folks, just finally really getting the itch to get my diet down pat. I've had it dialed in before and it faded away on me so finally want to start eating a bulking diet.

I've got an excel spreadsheet formatted with everything, I haven't made my meals yet I'm just looking for some input.

I've calculated my BMR=1372 and TDEE for maintenance=2127 but going to stick it to 2200.

These numbers are probably super small in your eyes, but for 19 y/o 6'2 and 170lbs (was 190, recently diagnosed with thyroid disease) i'm ready to make moves and not be the "skinny kid" anymore.

So as far as BMR and TDEE, I'm curious on how I should calculate my macros for pro/fat/carb?
    Also should my meals be separated into pro/carb and pro/fat to give me a cleaner bulk ?

Will be shooting for minimum 6 meals a day.

I WANT INPUT PLZ! FC .
    What was your diagnosis on your thyroid? Are you taking medication to correct it?

For bulking, many run 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat. It all depends on how your body reacts to carbs. For me, I go 50/30/20. I like keeping carbs relatively low because I blow up if 40% of my diet is carbs. Again, it's different for everyone and you really just have to go through a bit of trial and error to see what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    What was your diagnosis on your thyroid? Are you taking medication to correct it?

For bulking, many run 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat. It all depends on how your body reacts to carbs. For me, I go 50/30/20. I like keeping carbs relatively low because I blow up if 40% of my diet is carbs. Again, it's different for everyone and you really just have to go through a bit of trial and error to see what works best for you.
    I was diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism i'm currently on 25mcg of synthroid , BW coming up the week of June 17th to see how my levels sit then the doc will adjust my dosage.

Should I wait for my thyroid to be in check before starting to get serious about my diet? I feel like I could waste time/money if my thyroid isnt functioning properly?

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Nah, I was just curious if it was a real disease. Many people (mainly overweight) claim to have hypothyroidism to explain why they are overweight. Some do (my mom for example) but many do not...

I'm not sure what kind of effect hypothyroidism is going to have on bulking but I would imagine that the synthroid will bring your levels back close to where they need to be and then once you have bw, you'll know where your at and I'm sure your dosage will be adjusted accordingly.

I wouldn't wait until then. I'd go ahead and get started. I don't think that eating right and exercising is ever a waste of time or money. If you do, then this might not be something that you should spend much time on.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    Nah, I was just curious if it was a real disease. Many people (mainly overweight) claim to have hypothyroidism to explain why they are overweight. Some do (my mom for example) but many do not...

I'm not sure what kind of effect hypothyroidism is going to have on bulking but I would imagine that the synthroid will bring your levels back close to where they need to be and then once you have bw, you'll know where your at and I'm sure your dosage will be adjusted accordingly.

I wouldn't wait until then. I'd go ahead and get started. I don't think that eating right and exercising is ever a waste of time or money. If you do, then this might not be something that you should spend much time on.
    Come on not that big of a noob lol. I'll get started was just curious on an opinion.

My situation is weird, im hypo but i've produced lots of hyper symptoms. Dropped from 190 to 170 lbs. Hoping to have some muscle memory and put it back on when my levels get in check and this diet is on key.

Okay, so going with 2200 cals a day for now to see what happens. I'm going to go with 40% protein, 45% carbs, and 15% fat split.

Giving me: 220g protein/247g carbs/36g fats.

Should I split these macros evenly between 6 meals? (36/41/6) (pro/carb/fat)

Thanks

Thread Information