Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By austinite
  • 1 Post By basketballfan22
  • 1 Post By austinite

Thread: Tdee

  1. #1
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646

    Tdee

    I'm stuck, trying to help brother out and lose some weight. Trying to find his maintance cals. But out sticky is outdated and over est the maintance cals. What number do I multiply his weight by to find his lbm. Someone did mine. I've been searching through threads to find an explaination but all numbers are different. Would be a great new sticky update if we can.

    Rough est of brothers stats:

    5-6
    196
    Bf% 22-24%

    If I'm blind and missed this I'm sorry.

  2. #2
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    I'm stuck, trying to help brother out and lose some weight. Trying to find his maintance cals. But out sticky is outdated and over est the maintance cals. What number do I multiply his weight by to find his lbm. Someone did mine. I've been searching through threads to find an explaination but all numbers are different. Would be a great new sticky update if we can.

    Rough est of brothers stats:

    5-6
    196
    Bf% 22-24%

    If I'm blind and missed this I'm sorry.
    196 - 23% = y

    Y * 13(if not active)/15(if pretty active) = z

    Y=lbm
    Z=maintenance cals

  3. #3
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post

    196 - 23% = y

    Y * 13(if not active)/15(if pretty active) = z

    Y=lbm
    Z=maintenance cals
    Thanks tron.

  4. #4
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    I always found it easier to just multiply your weight by (1 - bodyfat percentage (in decimal form)); therefore LBM = (196)(0.77) = 150.92 pounds. The math is the same, but it is one step quicker.

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    (1000 x 50) / 50,000 + 14 = Y

    Y x LBM = Estimated TDEE.
    basketballfan22 likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  6. #6
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    (1000 x 50) / 50,000 + 14 = Y

    Y x LBM = Estimated TDEE.
    Lmao. You're mean.

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Lmao. You're mean.
    lol. sfla is my favorite chef. He knows I'm playin
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    lol. sfla is my favorite chef. He knows I'm playin
    Is this an inside joke, or is he an actual chef? Your posts confuse me sometimes austinite, lol.
    Sfla80 likes this.

  9. #9
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    He's a chef. Amazing work and probably the best presentations I've ever seen.
    Sfla80 likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  10. #10
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    That's awesome. I don't like that you are a Heat fan Sfla80, but that is cool that you are a chef. I am sure you have no trouble making some kick-ass food to meet your dietary requirements. I am envious, lol.

  11. #11
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,836
    i propose sfla (the chef) post some good recipes in the recipe section as a contribution to the board!

  12. #12
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Lol you guys are too much sometimes.

    405 I have just made on recipe step by step almond chicken in there, and believe I made one or two more there too. But I do post pics now and again in what are u eating now. I eat pretty plain food for myself. Its funny being a chef and im not much into food lol. Plus the food I make isn't the best for deiting .
    I am still playing with a lot of foods but still need more knowledge on proper dieting before I can prepare healthier food.

    And between GB and Turkish jucier im in for some competition though. Their food always looks amazing.

    Basketball fan, its all in good fun man. I just think people take their sports a little too serious. Its one thing to be into it, and another to fight over it. But we will keep that in the other thread, and btw posted a pic for you in there

  13. #13
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    Haha, I know. I do love sports, and I am only kidding when I give shit to people. I am not one of those idiots that starts fights with other fans.

    I realize I need to start reading the recipe and "What Are You Eating Now" threads. I am sure there are a lot of great ideas. It may help me change a few things up.

  14. #14
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Haha, I know. I do love sports, and I am only kidding when I give shit to people. I am not one of those idiots that starts fights with other fans.

    I realize I need to start reading the recipe and "What Are You Eating Now" threads. I am sure there are a lot of great ideas. It may help me change a few things up.
    uh huh...

  15. #15
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    uh huh...
    LMAO! You are the one instigating shit 405! That is an awesome emoticon.

  16. #16
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    LMAO! You are the one instigating shit 405! That is an awesome emoticon.
    LOL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •