Ifish is offline New Member

Plateau?/What next

This is my first time posting here. Ive been reading here on and off for maybe 6 months and now I just need help. I feel like Im at a stand still. Let me start with some background. I used to lift only heavy weigh when I was 21-23 then I got hurt. I gained a lot of weight and last august I decided to change that. My goal now is to get abs. I will worry about getting big after I can get abs. Im 6'1" now, 210 and about 13% BF (according to the electric hand held device or whatever its called). This is my daily schedule.

I wake up at 4:45, I take 1 scoop of muscle marinade and one scoop of xtend bcaa's then im in the gym at 5am. I either do 60min on an elliptical using 50-60% resistance. This is pretty easy for me though I'm completely drenched with sweat after. Or ill do 5min jumprope followed by 30min HIIT full incline on a treadmill. 1min 5mph then 1min 3mph. I only use the treadmill 2x a week because it starts to hurt my knees and ankles. After ill have breakfast. This is 1 whole egg, 1-3/4 cup egg whites, 2 packets of whole grain cream of wheat and 24oz water. I also take orange triad as a multi-vitamin, flax seed oil, and L-Carnitine L-tartrate. The rest of my meals are : 9:30 8oz chicken breast, 12pm either 8oz chicken breast w/5oz sweet potato or a sushi plate thats just tuna/salmon seaweed and rice. 3:30 8oz chicken breast w/5oz quiona. 5pm 1 scoop ON Platinum hydrowhey. 5:45 I have 1 scoop tend bcaa's and 1 tablespoon beta alanine ( this is 30 min before my workout). 6:15pm workout. Heres my program in a nutshell:

My workouts are pretty basic. I don't really care about strength but I do as much weight as I can to accomplish 10 perfect reps very slowly for 3-4 sets. Example I start my bench with dumbbell incline and take long deep reps while slowly twisting the weights and bringing them together to finish the rep. Again my goal now is to get lean so strength isn't a concern. Im not going to type out my entire workout regime but its pretty basic. Chest/tri's, back/bi's shoulders/traps, legs then ill switch to chest/bis, back/tri's, shoulders/traps, legs. This is just a general overview. I do this m-f and i run mid day sat or do just a chest and bicep workout.

Finish workout around 7:30-7:45 After my workout i Have 2 scoops ofON Platinum hydrowhey. Get home around 8 and have 8oz chicken breast. 10pm 1 cup egg whites. 11pm 1 scoop ON Ceasin protein and L-carnitine then bed. I also stopped drinking. If I drink its sat night and only vodka water.

I feel like Im no longer loosing weight or improving muscle definition. Im just looking for some advice on what I need to change. AND before anyone tries I HATE VEGETABLES!!!!!!! Ive tried and just cant get them down. What can I change to improve. I have a more specific weekly diet if that helps. Let me know if more info will help.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Work out an estimate for your TDEE and eat at 500 cals below that for 2 weeks... Do 1500 calories worth of cardio per week also.... Do not count this towards your TDEE...

Keep lifting heavy in the gym...train everything roughly twice per week...

Push,pull,legs,rest. That's the cycle I'm currently doing... The increased frequency of training will alone cause you to drop weight...

Get good at counting macros and hit them to within a few grams each day
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

I made a spread sheet with my diet and my TDEE. Can I upload it here. If so how?

And thank you so much for the advice!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifish View Post
    I made a spread sheet with my diet and my TDEE. Can I upload it here. If so how?
    Google docs allows you to have a spreadsheet that you can share. You'll have to figure out the technical side to it though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

Basically I researched the nutrition totals for everything I eat and broke them down into single servings. then I put together meals and added their totals. Then I added my daily totals. At the bottom you will see how I set up my BMR and TDEE.

The formulas did not transfer but the math should be good. Kinda neat on my side if I change one serving It will calculate the change to the meals total and daily total too. If you want this sheet I can email it to you

Thread Information