Thread: Macros question

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member

Macros question

Say if your protein daily intake should be say 350grams of protein, if you only eat say 200grams of protein but your calories for the day are over what you need to grow muscle, will you still grow muscle?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Who said you need 350 a day. Many bb only do 1 lb pro for body weight some do 1.5 and some do 2. It just matters your body and how you respond. Yes we need pro but we also needs carbs and sleep/rest to grow.

I know a few peeps that have tried an increase in pro over a 6 month period to see if results were there and they all said no, its a waste of money.
    To each his own. You in time will know your body best

ksingh93 is offline Associate Member
    It all depends on how you respond to diff macros as said by gearbox . I eat around 350-400 and i grow more than if i eat 1g/lb so see how your body respond to it and set it

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Very few ppl need a protein intake of 350g. There are a few requirements to build new muscle mass: a surplus of calories, adequate protein intake, and sufficient training stimulus to disrupt homeostasis. If you're training with intensity and/or volume to disrupt homeostasis and are in a caloric surplus, than the difference between 200g and 350g of protein will be negligible for MOST ppl.

On the "unofficial how to bulk sticky" the diet they do on there for a 6ft tall 220 pound person they have them on 420 grams of protein.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig
    On the "unofficial how to bulk sticky" the diet they do on there for a 6ft tall 220 pound person they have them on 420 grams of protein.
    That is quite outdated. Look at the lean bulking 101 stickie by GBrice, it's much more up to date.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    That is quite outdated. Look at the lean bulking 101 stickie by GBrice, it's much more up to date.
    i already suggested he read the stickies in the other thread where he asked a very similar question..

I tried gbrices diet I found I didn't gain as much, higher fats seems to work better for me obviously
    Last edited by hsvcraig; 06-18-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    I tried gbrices diet I found I didn't gain as much, higher fats seems to work better for me obviously
    Than its likely you were deficient in dietary fat intake to begin with

Thread Information