Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55

    macros calories you know noob stuff need some advise

    I am currently cutting and my calorie deficit is at 1400 I go over a bit at maybe 50-90 calories over I wanna know if this is bad or is it ok to go over that much while cutting and my macros change, like I get enough protein but my carbs and fats sometimes change like on some days I would take 30% fat and 20 % carbs my carbs and fats go up and down depending on my meals but they usualy stay in the range of my 1400 calories so basically is it ok for ur fats and carbs to go up and down day to day but staying in the calorie goal range please and thanks

  2. #2
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Weeee

  3. #3
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    You're at a 1400 calorie deficit or eating 1400calories/day?? What are your stats since very few diet questions can be answered without them and stay away from ratios since they can leave you deficient in certain macros.

  4. #4
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Age 23
    Bf% 30
    Height 5'6
    Weight 177lbs
    Tdee 1, 890
    Cutting at 1, 390
    Trying to go with a pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%
    I sometimes go over my 1, 390 like today was 1, 490, I say pro 50% carb was 20% fats was 30%.
    Yesterday was maybe pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%.
    Last edited by shneeblee808; 06-17-2013 at 10:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by shneeblee808
    Age 23
    Bf% 30
    Height 5'6
    Weight 177lbs
    Tdee 1, 890
    Cutting at 1, 390
    Trying to go with a pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%
    I sometimes go over my 1, 390 like today was 1, 490, I say pro 50% carb was 20% fats was 30%.
    Yesterday was maybe pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%.
    What's your diet like

  6. #6
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Breakfast
    -Whey protein 2scoops p 54g c 6g f 5g 300cals
    -1 cup milk p 8g c 12g f 5g 130cals
    -40z chicken breast p 25g c 0g f 1.5g 110cals
    -2 hamburger buns p 6g c 42g f 3g 220cals
    -Swisd cream p 2g c 1g f 1.5g 35cals

    Lunch
    -1/2cup oatmeal p 5g c 27g f 3g 150cals
    -1 Banana p 1g c 29g f 0g 110cals
    -1tbl spn butter p 0g c 0g f 6g 60cals

    Dinner
    -2 chicken burgers p 56g c 6g f 19g 380cals

  7. #7
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Bumped

  8. #8
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    schneeblee u a jack black fan?? (i am)

    read these:
    Cutting:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

    Lean Bulking:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...ulking***.html

    how did u come to determine ur bf%??

  9. #9
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by shneeblee808 View Post
    Age 23
    Bf% 30
    Height 5'6
    Weight 177lbs
    Tdee 1, 890
    Cutting at 1, 390
    Trying to go with a pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%
    I sometimes go over my 1, 390 like today was 1, 490, I say pro 50% carb was 20% fats was 30%.
    Yesterday was maybe pro 50% carb 30% fats 20%.

    At that height and weight I seriously doubt you're 30% BF. also your BMR is
    1890 calories NOT your TDEE. To get TDEE from BMR you need to multiply by an activity factor which represents how active you are at work, training, activities etc. I'll go with a moderate activity factor of 1.4 so your true TDEE is ~2700 calories. To cut, reduce calories by 10-20% so if you take a 15% deficit for instance your cutting calories are ~2300calories/day. Hit a MINIMUM of 1g/lb BW of protein and .3-.4g/lb BW dietary fat. The remainder of your calories can come from carbs, more fat, more protein, or any combo of those.

  10. #10
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

    At that height and weight I seriously doubt you're 30% BF. also your BMR is
    1890 calories NOT your TDEE. To get TDEE from BMR you need to multiply by an activity factor which represents how active you are at work, training, activities etc. I'll go with a moderate activity factor of 1.4 so your true TDEE is ~2700 calories. To cut, reduce calories by 10-20% so if you take a 15% deficit for instance your cutting calories are ~2300calories/day. Hit a MINIMUM of 1g/lb BW of protein and .3-.4g/lb BW dietary fat. The remainder of your calories can come from carbs, more fat, more protein, or any combo of those.
    Jesus so I was eating way less than I am supposed to, but at my height and weight am I eating too much at 2300 calories

  11. #11
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Yes you were seriously under eating at the expense of lbm most likely. Your height and weight affect your BMR which as calculated is around 1800 calories. That's enough to sustain you IF YOU DON'T do anything but lay in bed all day. Assuming you work out, have a job, do some sort of activities etc you need around 2700 calories just to maintain your weight. To cut at a 15% deficit you need to take in about 2300calories a day. This is a rough estimate. When you put it into action you may find you need to cut more calories or increase them slightly but this is a very good baseline to work off of and adjust when you evaluate your progress.

  12. #12
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    So I just redid my tdee and it is 2, 298 then I minus 500 for the cut and it is at 1, 768 what do u think and also if im going 1g of protein per lb of my body weight do I go on what I am now or the weight I desire I want to cut to 155 but im 177 so do I calculate at 155 lb or 177 lb

  13. #13
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Give us an idea of your bodyfat from this chart.



    macros calories you know noob stuff need some advise-image-462943569.jpg
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  14. #14
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Oh and my job is a desk job work out after work and... I kinda do lay in bed all day ahahha

  15. #15
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    I would say between 25%-30%

  16. #16
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by shneeblee808 View Post
    So I just redid my tdee and it is 2, 298 then I minus 500 for the cut and it is at 1, 768 what do u think and also if im going 1g of protein per lb of my body weight do I go on what I am now or the weight I desire I want to cut to 155 but im 177 so do I calculate at 155 lb or 177 lb
    Don't arbitrarily cut out 500calories. Work off a percentage deficit. I'd go with a moderate deficit of 15%. So 2300 - (.15 x 2300) = ~1950calories. Base your macros off your current weight and lbm.

  17. #17
    shneeblee808 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Right so jus so I have a clear head I would tske in 177 of protein then break down the rest of the calories with carbs and fats and thanks man I have never been 100 with my diet I was just winging it protein I just wanna really say thanks for the help really, I wanna be seroius about making gains and change

  18. #18
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by shneeblee808 View Post
    Right so jus so I have a clear head I would tske in 177 of protein then break down the rest of the calories with carbs and fats and thanks man I have never been 100 with my diet I was just winging it protein I just wanna really say thanks for the help really, I wanna be seroius about making gains and change
    That's a MINIMUM intake of protein. 1g/lb BW is a minimum standard to be met. You can certainly go higher if you enjoy eating protein rich foods or love the taste of shakes. It's just not necessary. The minimum for dietary fat is .3-.4g/lb BW. All remaining calories can e filled to your liking in any combination of macros.

    Not a problem brother. The spreading of knowledge is why I'm here (and to learn myself lol).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •