mikefree is offline New Member

Please Critique and Tweak my Diet

I'm looking to shed fat and add a little lean mass. What do you guys think?

Meal 1 (0530): 1 scoop Isopure
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 banana

Meal 2 (0800): 10 egg whites
    4oz yams
    1 cup vegetables

Meal 3 (1100) 5oz Chicken
    6oz yams
    2 cups vegetables

Pre workout (1300): 1 scoop Isopure
    1 cup grape juice

TRAIN

Post workout: 1 scoop ON Hydro Builder

Meal 4 (1600): 8oz lean meat
    6oz yams
    2 cups veggies

Meal 5 (1900): 3oz lean meat
    2 cups veggies

Meal 6 (2100): 1 scoop Casein
    6 egg whites

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You did it

So, now what we need are your

Stats
    Specific Goals (I'd choose to cut OR bulk, not both)
    Calories and macros for those meals
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You did it

So, now what we need are your

Stats
    Goals
    Calories and macros for those meals

Yes sir. Thanks to your help. I used the aforementioned symbol that you mentioned. Ok so here is the requested information. I hope I did this right.

Stats: 27 years old, 5'10", 210 lbs, 15%

Goals: I would like to achieve 10-12% body fat. But still maintain my current size, add on a little if possible.

Calories: Around 2700, I was at around 3800 when I was just trying to get bigger.

Macros: Protein: 300g, Carbs: 330, Fats: 25g

Did I do that right? I'm a bit confused about Macros.

Well, depending on your level of exercise 2700 is likely a reasonable deficit but not too much. If you did no exercise it would likely be a maintenance for you. I like the idea of dropping only about 300cals below maintenance to try and avoid losing LBM. There are different ways of doing this, personally I would incorporate cardio to create that deficit so you may be able to eat more. The question is what are your plans for lifting and cardio throughout this?

Can I ask why your fats are so low? And how you even get them that low? We will have to increase them, probably by double.

Are you going to be on cycle?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well, depending on your level of exercise 2700 is likely a reasonable deficit but not too much. If you did no exercise it would likely be a maintenance for you. I like the idea of dropping only about 300cals below maintenance to try and avoid losing LBM. There are different ways of doing this, personally I would incorporate cardio to create that deficit so you may be able to eat more. The question is what are your plans for lifting and cardio throughout this?

Can I ask why your fats are so low? And how you even get them that low? We will have to increase them, probably by double.

Are you going to be on cycle?

I will be lifting 6 days a week, a lot of super sets at high reps. As far as cardio goes I plan on 3 days a week for 30-45 minutes, mostly interval training on a treadmill. To be honest I'm not entirely sure why or how my fats are so low. I get them that low by eating really strictly. Low fats in all my options. I've heard that the addition of fish oil is a great source of fats, would this be recommended? I could be off of my fats but I ran it through Calorie Count the last week and it fluctuates between 25-30g of fat. I do plan on being on cycle during the implementation.

Ok bud, what compound(s) are you running? That'll make a difference. It makes a recomposition much easier. How many previous cycles?

Also, why high reps and super sets? Is that your usual training that reaps benefits or something you are changing in order to 'burn more fat'?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok bud, what compound(s) are you running? That'll make a difference. It makes a recomposition much easier. How many previous cycles?

Also, why high reps and super sets? Is that your usual training that reaps benefits or something you are changing in order to 'burn more fat'?

I have run 3 previous cycles. Well 1 was a huge disaster. I made a very uninformed decision to run GP Oral Tren ALONE. I know, huge mistake, I lost all of my gains. And I now know why. My second cycle was 500mg/wk of Test E kickstarted with TBol. My 3rd cycle was Test E and Deca . As far as the one I want to run, I'm in a bit of a jam. Originally I was going to run 350mg/wk of Prop and 50mg/day of Winny. Well I've since acquired Tren Ace as well but I am very hesitant at incorporating it in as I do know the risks involved and if I did I would keep it at 250mg/wk, pinning ED to keep blood levels as stable as possible. I also know I would have to run Caber with it to keep prolactin sides at bay. The whole layout would be 8 weeks.

As far as high reps in super sets, I figured change it up as before I was doing heavy sets at low reps with no super sets. Am I wrong in doing that? I'm a very humble guy and I take any advice given to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefree

I have run 3 previous cycles. Well 1 was a huge disaster. I made a very uninformed decision to run GP Oral Tren ALONE. I know, huge mistake, I lost all of my gains. And I now know why. My second cycle was 500mg/wk of Test E kickstarted with TBol. My 3rd cycle was Test E and Deca . As far as the one I want to run, I'm in a bit of a jam. Originally I was going to run 350mg/wk of Prop and 50mg/day of Winny. Well I've since acquired Tren Ace as well but I am very hesitant at incorporating it in as I do know the risks involved and if I did I would keep it at 250mg/wk, pinning ED to keep blood levels as stable as possible. I also know I would have to run Caber with it to keep prolactin sides at bay. The whole layout would be 8 weeks.

As far as high reps in super sets, I figured change it up as before I was doing heavy sets at low reps with no super sets. Am I wrong in doing that? I'm a very humble guy and I take any advice given to heart.
    Ok, well, we can't really determine final diet until you figure out your cycle. Different compounds have different abilities in terms of nutrient partitioning so what you may get away with on some compounds, you wouldn't with others. But, I would suggest if you run winny don't run tren and vice versa.

As far as lifting there is no harm in changing it up but, we are looking to build muscle here and, in my experience, high reps don't do that for the most part. Depends what you mean by high reps of course but, 8-12 reps seems to work well for most in terms of muscle building although higher reps can work great for legs. Have you heard of/tried/considered HIT training?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 06-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok, well, we can't really determine final diet until you figure out your cycle. Different compounds have different abilities in terms of nutrient partitioning so what you may get away with on some compounds, you wouldn't with others. But, I would suggest if you run winny don't run tren and vice versa.

As far as lifting there is no harm in changing it up but, we are looking to build muscle here and, in my experience, high reps don't do that for the most part. Depends what you mean by high reps of course but, 8-12 reps seems to work well for most in terms of muscle building although higher reps can work great for legs. Have you heard of/tried/considered HIT training?

That makes sense. I have heard of HIT training, though I have very little knowledge of it and have never tried it. Do you have a link or something I could look at to get an idea of the basis and structure of the training? In the past I have lifted big and got good results both on and off cycle. Which compound do you think would work well in conjunction with my goals, training And diet? I have the options to do Test/Winny or Test/Tren Ace.

That makes sense. I have heard of HIT training, though I have very little knowledge of it and have never tried it. Do you have a link or something I could look at to get an idea of the basis and structure of the training? In the past I have lifted big and got good results both on and off cycle. Which compound do you think would work well in conjunction with my goals, training And diet? I have the options to do Test/Winny or Test/Tren Ace.
    Have a read of Marcus' posts in this

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...y%2A%2A-5.html

Also on YouTube search Dorian Yates Blood and Guts Trainer, there are 5 to watch.

You will need to adapt it to fit you but it's a great tool. I recently utilised it for a 6 week burst on cycle, did wonders. It is extremely taxing, hence I only ran it for 6 weeks.

Honestly I've never used winny or tren so I would be speaking blind but, tren should get you the results you want. I think your dosing of 200-250mg pw would be a good starting cycle with it. You probably only want to run it for 6 weeks though. You may not need caber at that dose. Will you be using an AI or HCG ?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Awesome videos and information. Thank you! I will use that or Arnold's Variation 2. I was only planning on running the cycle for 6 already as it is my first Tren Cycle. I will most likely use the Caber just to avoid the problem so I don't have to find out the hard way how my body reacts. I do have Adex on hand as well but I will be running a 1 to 1 ration of Prop-Tren so I'm pretty sure I won't need it. I read Atomini's Tren guide and he suggested a TRT dose of Test while running Tren just to maintain normal bodily function. I just feel more comfortable running 1 to 1, as before I've always ran Test higher than other compounds.

Would you say HIT or Arnold's Variation 2 in conjunction with my proposed diet and Test-Tren cycle would help me achieve my goals? I understand its all about my discipline in diet and training and the juice is just to help. You mentioned earlier my fats where low. Should I go ahead and double those?

Awesome videos and information. Thank you! I will use that or Arnold's Variation 2. I was only planning on running the cycle for 6 already as it is my first Tren Cycle. I will most likely use the Caber just to avoid the problem so I don't have to find out the hard way how my body reacts. I do have Adex on hand as well but I will be running a 1 to 1 ration of Prop-Tren so I'm pretty sure I won't need it. I read Atomini's Tren guide and he suggested a TRT dose of Test while running Tren just to maintain normal bodily function. I just feel more comfortable running 1 to 1, as before I've always ran Test higher than other compounds.

Would you say HIT or Arnold's Variation 2 in conjunction with my proposed diet and Test-Tren cycle would help me achieve my goals? I understand its all about my discipline in diet and training and the juice is just to help. You mentioned earlier my fats where low. Should I go ahead and double those?
    I don't know what Arnold's variation 2 is bud? I've been doing HIT recently and getting some great results. I've been mixing it up with some straights here and there too. From this week I am trying a different variation of it. I know it goes against the grain of conventional volume training but I love it.

Diet wise you have 2choices. Your compounds will allow a bugger calories deficit and help preserve your LBM while shedding fat, but too much to allow LBM increase. So you could do a hard cut then bulk but only running a blast for 6 weeks doesn't really allow enough time. If you run prop for 2 weeks longer then you could run 4 weeks cut and 4 weeks bulk or vice versa. Alternatively just run a recomp at roughly maintenance calories for the full period, 6 or 8 weeks.

Tren may well hurt your cardio plan but your dose is light and cardio short so you may be ok, but just to make you aware.

Regardless of any of this, yes, double your fats. Fish oils are a great addition as are walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you need more fat in your diet and less carbs is a good start...great outline so far

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    you need more fat in your diet and less carbs is a good start...great outline so far

Yeah I was thinking my carbs where a little high. Would you recommend cutting them in half? Or just a slight change?

Thread Information