Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and judging from the amount of information and the way people offer advice around here, I am some happy I did.

A little stats - 27 years old, 6"1, 240lbs, ~~ 20% BF.

A little bit of my goals & aspirations - Compete in 3 years time, drop my everyday weight down to the 215lb mark and begin the muscle mass gain project.

My everyday life - I work as an oilfield operator in Alberta, working 8 days on and 6 off. For my 8 days on, I work 5 hours away from home and live in a camp. I am fed 3 meals a day and normally it is the "quick & easy" version for the cooks, (which is likely why I am the weight I am) but no excuses they would most likely cook for me if I asked them to do so. At my camp there is a universal machine that is a bit old, set of bow flex dumbbells that go to 50lbs but a whole new rack of dumbbells that go from 60 to 100lbs in 5lb increments. There is a treadmill & elliptical, along with a flat/incline bench that can transform into a squat rack, etc. When I am home, I have full access to a beautiful gym and no issues with equipment.

My questions, I am the weight I am but I want to know where to start. I have previous knowledge for macros and maintenance calorie intake but I want to know where you guys think I should start? Could anyone help?

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to keeping you posted on my journey to my goal.