nomoreheroes is offline New Member

advice on my cutting diet please?

i'm 6'2 200 pounds at about 20% bf. i'm cutting on 1730 calories. I know that seems very low but i don't have a lot of mass, and an EXTREMELY slow metabolism. being skinny fat is very discouraging so i'm trying to lose most of my fat. my goal is to cut to about 10% bf.. and then lean bulk basically forever

For my nutrition I eat pretty clean with the occasional cheat meal
    My macro split as of now is
    Carbs / 65 g (i always go way over though)
    Fat / 77 g
    Protein / 195 g

I basically fit those with whey protein, grilled chicken, natural peanut butter, tuna, eggs, greek yogurt, oatmeal. i've been cutting for like 2 months and still dont look to great. advice?

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When you say you go way over on carbs, how far is way over? That is a major part of your problem right there. You say and give a macro of 1730 calories and then turn around and say you go way over. So what is your real daily calorie intake? Your TDEE is ~2400 calories. Even with a slow metabolism you have cut 670 calories and you are still not losing weight? What kind of cardio are you doing? Weight training?

Also, if you could provide a picture the members here could get a good idea of your body fat percentage. BTW how did you determine your bf%?

nomoreheroes is offline New Member
    Yeah, i lift hypertrophy.
    i'll provide a pic shortly
    someone posted that pic of all the different body fat percentages and the pictures of the people and thats how i determined.
    Carbs usually won't go higher than 150.. Sometimes my cals will go a little over but nothing to drastic

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    So when you go over on carbs you cut back on fat and/or protein? I am a little confused here at the moment. lol. You are adding ~350 more calories in carbs which is a lot if you're trying to cut. Especially if you are still eating the same amount of protein/fat.

Thread Information