ashleyp133 is offline Female Member

New - Looking for diet and fitness advice

Hey ya'll, I've just recently started lifting and cleaning up my diet and I would love any advice or recommendations you all have! Here are my stats, daily diet and workout routine:

Sex: female
    Height: 5'0
    Weight: 105

Diet:

Breakfast
    75g egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Whole wheat english muffin (sometimes I'll switch this with 28g of oatmeal)
    *if I'm in a hurry for breakfast I'll have 30g of whey protein and 30g of plain Cheerios

AM Snack
    15g almonds

Lunch
    5oz lean ground turkey (93/7)
    60g brown rice
    110g broccoli

PM Snack 1
    30g whey protein

Dinner
    5oz chicken breast or tilapia
    60g sweet potato or 50g brown rice
    110g broccoli

PM Snack 2
    16g natural peanut butter

My macros are around: 94carbs/130protein/40fat

Workout:
    3 day split (4 or 5 times a week):
    - day one: biceps & back
    - day two: triceps & chest
    - day three: legs & shoulders
    *I do 3exercises per body part and switch exercises every 3 weeks

I also do 20min of HIIT on a spin bike or 30min speed intervals on a stair stepper at least 4 times a week

I have recently added (like the last 2 days ) morning fasted cardio, about 20 minutes hill interval on a treadmill or walking a 2 mile trail by my house, that I plan to do a couple times a week.

I am still trying to cut some weight, not exactly sure what my "goal" is, but I know when I look in the mirror I'm not there yet any advice, suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Ash

twitz is offline Female Member
    Hey Ash, Welcome

I do not think that you have a lot of weight to cut at 105, are you looking to lean out?

How long have you been following this program? Results so far?

Honestly, your diet looks fine to me. What results have you had and how long have you been following it?

Thanks!!

I have been on this program since the beginning of May, and I've lost 11.5lbs since then. But yes, definitely wanting to lean out and gain some more muscle!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hi Ash, welcome! Have you put in a request to be 'turned pink' yet? If not, let me know and I'll take care of it for you. It'll give you additional access to our female only member forums, and turn your name pink.

PS - Listen to Twitz. The girl knows her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Hi Ash, welcome! Have you put in a request to be 'turned pink' yet? If not, let me know and I'll take care of it for you. It'll give you additional access to our female only member forums, and turn your name pink.

PS - Listen to Twitz. The girl knows her stuff.
    No, I haven't done that yet... I appreciate it, thank you!!

I'm glad to know I'm on the right track,

I do have a really bad sweet tooth so do you all think that one or two days a week I could add a protein bar to help satisfy that? If so, should I replace one of my snacks with that or just in addition to what I'm already eating??

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyp133 View Post
    No, I haven't done that yet... I appreciate it, thank you!!
    Np, I'll put the request in.

I do have a really bad sweet tooth
    Join the club!

so do you all think that one or two days a week I could add a protein bar to help satisfy that? If so, should I replace one of my snacks with that or just in addition to what I'm already eating??
    If a protein bar is all it'll take to satisfy your sweet tooth, then I say have at it. Don't eat it on top of what you're already eating - make it fit into your current diet plan/goals.

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyp133
    Hey ya'll, I've just recently started lifting and cleaning up my diet and I would love any advice or recommendations you all have! Here are my stats, daily diet and workout routine:

Sex: female
    Height: 5'0
    Weight: 105

Diet:

Breakfast
    75g egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Whole wheat english muffin (sometimes I'll switch this with 28g of oatmeal)
    *if I'm in a hurry for breakfast I'll have 30g of whey protein and 30g of plain Cheerios

AM Snack
    15g almonds

Lunch
    5oz lean ground turkey (93/7)
    60g brown rice
    110g broccoli

PM Snack 1
    30g whey protein

Dinner
    5oz chicken breast or tilapia
    60g sweet potato or 50g brown rice
    110g broccoli

PM Snack 2
    16g natural peanut butter

My macros are around: 94carbs/130protein/40fat

Workout:
    3 day split (4 or 5 times a week):
    - day one: biceps & back
    - day two: triceps & chest
    - day three: legs & shoulders
    *I do 3exercises per body part and switch exercises every 3 weeks

I also do 20min of HIIT on a spin bike or 30min speed intervals on a stair stepper at least 4 times a week

I have recently added (like the last 2 days ) morning fasted cardio, about 20 minutes hill interval on a treadmill or walking a 2 mile trail by my house, that I plan to do a couple times a week.

I am still trying to cut some weight, not exactly sure what my "goal" is, but I know when I look in the mirror I'm not there yet any advice, suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Ash
    Glad to see you got it figured out... People here are great and you'll learn so much.... Your program looks great so far; excited to see what some of the vets have to say....... Welcome to the board!!!!! Steph is on here too sometimes lol

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Np, I'll put the request in.

Join the club!

If a protein bar is all it'll take to satisfy your sweet tooth, then I say have at it. Don't eat it on top of what you're already eating - make it fit into your current diet plan/goals.
    ^^ I ate a met rx bar every single night all the way through my last contest prep... All the way up to contest day....

twitz is offline Female Member

I do have a really bad sweet tooth so do you all think that one or two days a week I could add a protein bar to help satisfy that? If so, should I replace one of my snacks with that or just in addition to what I'm already eating??
    I am the same way and have been fitting a PB in to help me feel satisfied. Just don't get the ones loaded with sugar, look for low GI. If you have quest bars where you are, try those

Quote Originally Posted by twitz

I am the same way and have been fitting a PB in to help me feel satisfied. Just don't get the ones loaded with sugar, look for low GI. If you have quest bars where you are, try those
    Good to know! I've heard that quest bars are really good!! I know I can get them online if I can't find them in a store!

Thread Information