covertking is offline New Member

Diet Tweeking any help would be great

Hey guys stats are

5'8
    total body mass 90kg around 28% bf
    23 years old
    calculated TDEE 1700~
    train 4 times a week, recently started training again due to taking 6 months off to injuring a nerve in my neck which resulted in pulling my left scapula out of place.

I work as an i.t contractor so by the time i get home dont have alot of time to train about 90mins max inc cardio

My goal is to main focus on getting my BF % alot lower as i slowly build back to what i was, i was 82kg with 15% bf before the injury, i am an extreme ENDO and Cialiac so everything i have is gluten free.

macros 200 protien 65 EFA 75 Carbs 25G Fibre
    *udos oil is a mix of omega 3 6 9*
    * green leafy vegtables with every meal and cucmber and celery between meals. drink 3-4 liters of water a day*
    6 eggs/Multi-vitamin/ psyllium husk 30 p 2 c 20 f

salmon 200g or 200g tuna in oil+udos oil/ psyllium husk/Green Veggies 40p 2c 20F

Basa Fillet 200g or chicken breast 125g /psyllium husk/Green Veggies/udos oil 30p 15f 4c

kangaroo 150 g 125 gm sweet potato 32p 28c 3f

post work out shake 32p 3c 3f

lentils 36 p 39 c 2 f

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You've miscalculated your TDEE. That is your BMR, you need to factor in your activity levels. Try using (Lean mass x 15), estimating your BF is usually not very accurrate, but assuming you were correct at 29%, that means you should have a TDEE in the region of 2100Kcal.

200g protein, 65fat and 75g carbs is around 1685 calories. So this diet would have been at maintenance for your initial goals. You need to take a read of some of the stickies in this section, and then repost another diet for me please!

-Krugerr

Thanks for the reply kruger, slightly confused though, if my daily calorie intake would be 2100 wouldn't 1685 be fine to lose fat?

ok reviewed everything and recalculated based off of LBM:

TDEE 2650

Reducing 400-350

from my further readings off various websites and the nutrition bit on here i have re arranged my carb intake to better suit the PWO window and aid in recovery much better.

Diet restructured as followed.

Breakfast
    Gluten Free Lentils 150g = 36p 1F 38 C 12fibre

Meal 2:
    Eggs-free range 42p 28F

Lunch:
    200g Salmon/veggies 40P 20F

PWO Shake:
    1 scoop protien/60g Maltidextron= 32p 60C

PWO Meal 200g Sweet potato/200g Chicken Breast-Steamed= 60P 4F 44C

Last meal
    kangaroo steak 200g
    udos oil 25 ml
    veggies
    Psyllium husk

40P 25F 20Fiber

totals 250P 77F 142C 2250~ calories.

Is it benificial for an endomorph to have low gi carbs post work out for the meal or would white rice be better?

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by covertking View Post
    Thanks for the reply kruger, slightly confused though, if my daily calorie intake would be 2100 wouldn't 1685 be fine to lose fat?
    Sorry, I wasnt really clear, what I meant was that in your initial post, you had calculated your TDEE at 1700, and made your diet 1685... this makes no sense. You either had misunderstood how to create a diet, or not calculated your diet correctly.

However, your actual TDEE is around 2100, so your diet of ~1700 is about right. You didnt know this though when you created it

Now though you've calculated your TDEE at 2650? Are you very active? Your newer diet looks fine too. With regards to PWO nutrition it doesnt really make a great deal of difference whether you choose low of high GI carbs for post work out. A lot of guys will stress simple carbs or sugars for it, but you wont be training again til tomorrow, so the use of high GI carbs wont matter, your glycogen stores will be replenished.

-Krugerr

Hey kruger in my original post u were correct i had put my BMR instead of TDEE so my diet was way off in terms off calories, i prefer low gi carbs and because i have to avoid gluten sweet potato and lentils are just easier and quicker to cook.

in regards to training and lifestyle, with my job it requires little phsyical activity, but when i train, i always train heavy and warm up with 10 minutes of cardio and stretching and hit out 20-30mins post training, on my days off i still hit up cardio for 30-45 minutes.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Honestly bro, at nearly 30% bodyfat, it should be pretty easy to lose a good amount of the fat without doing much. What I mean is you don't need to overcomplicate or overthink anything (leave that to the guys looking to get to single digit BF). Training, cardio, diet geared towards losing bodyfat (moderate caloric deficit). Consistency and discipline will, above all else, be the big factor here.

ideally i want to half my bf then redo my diet to get single digit is my over all goal.

Thread Information