Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By austinite
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Flagg
  • 1 Post By Flagg

Thread: What eggs do you eat?

  1. #1
    belva's Avatar
    belva is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    562

    What eggs do you eat?

    What do you go for?

    -Free Range eggs
    -Organic
    -Omega 3 Eggs
    -Cage ones
    -others

  2. #2
    pitweiler is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    586
    I have free range chickens at the house which give me 5 a day then I just buy the store brand eggs for the rest I eat

  3. #3
    belva's Avatar
    belva is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by pitweiler View Post
    I have free range chickens at the house which give me 5 a day then I just buy the store brand eggs for the rest I eat
    that's what my gran ma does but now I live alone and I need to buy them so I usually go for the free range as well
    Last edited by belva; 07-15-2013 at 10:37 AM.

  4. #4
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Both free range/organic, and 'regular' ones - because they're so damn cheap at Costco, I can't help myself (despite my feelings for the chickens)....

  5. #5
    belva's Avatar
    belva is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Both free range/organic, and 'regular' ones - because they're so damn cheap at Costco, I can't help myself (despite my feelings for the chickens)....
    aint really care for the chickens..all I care is the nutritional value of the eggs.

  6. #6
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    The ones that are closest to the exit at the store. lol. I never really cared where they came from. Eggs are eggs to me.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  7. #7
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Both free range/organic, and 'regular' ones - because they're so damn cheap at Costco, I can't help myself (despite my feelings for the chickens)....
    yep. I eat so damn many eggs (just finished two mixed with my oatmeal) that i just buy them by the flat at costco. I think I'm upwards of 6 to 10 eggs a day.

    For the price, you really can't beat an egg!
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

  8. #8
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    Ostrich when they are in season

  9. #9
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Ostrich when they are in season
    Don't they migrate south for the winter? =)

  10. #10
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Will never buy battery farmed eggs.

  11. #11
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Will never buy battery farmed eggs.
    2/3 of the world lost your business! according to wiki...
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  12. #12
    warlockjmr's Avatar
    warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    117
    Free range from supermarket and if possible from a farm shop fresh. Understand it's more costly but buying farm shop fresh really does taste better plus less salmonella.

  13. #13
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    2/3 of the world lost your business! according to wiki...
    Fine by me! Those plAces are like concentration camps for chickens. Abhorant method of farming.
    austinite likes this.

  14. #14
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Fine by me! Those plAces are like concentration camps for chickens. Abhorant method of farming.
    Does it say on the carton? I can't see anything indicating this. Or do you just research the source? I'll be happy to switch and support the cause!
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  15. #15
    bdos's Avatar
    bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Skippy's pouch
    Posts
    3,327
    Oval shaped ones

  16. #16
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Does it say on the carton? I can't see anything indicating this. Or do you just research the source? I'll be happy to switch and support the cause!
    Research. While methods of farming are generally better in the UK and places like Scandanavia, it's really bad else where. A supermarket chain over in the UK called Sainsbury only puts free range eggs in all their products where egg is a part of the product, and this goes from the delux stuff to the real cheap as chips ready meals.

    What else I dont like about factory farms and chickens, is that they have these poor birds stacked above each other where they shit and piss and the one on the bottom gets covered, dying a horrendous death. Chickens sold in supermarkets that come from factory farms are not even chickens to a degree, just a juvenile bird inbetween the stage of chick and hen that's been blown up with GH. And that happens in the UK as well. I try and eat free range as often as I can, but it's so expensive and in this game, you have to eat a lot.

    I'm comforted by the fact that welfare standards are better in the UK than most places but there is still huge opportunities for improvement.
    belva likes this.

  17. #17
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    LOL, and it will never say on the carton about the conditions of factory farmed eggs/poultry.

    These aint ciggerettes! Most of the public are massively ignorant to the conditions of intensive farming. But, supply and demand.

  18. #18
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Research. While methods of farming are generally better in the UK and places like Scandanavia, it's really bad else where. A supermarket chain over in the UK called Sainsbury only puts free range eggs in all their products where egg is a part of the product, and this goes from the delux stuff to the real cheap as chips ready meals.

    What else I dont like about factory farms and chickens, is that they have these poor birds stacked above each other where they shit and piss and the one on the bottom gets covered, dying a horrendous death. Chickens sold in supermarkets that come from factory farms are not even chickens to a degree, just a juvenile bird inbetween the stage of chick and hen that's been blown up with GH. And that happens in the UK as well. I try and eat free range as often as I can, but it's so expensive and in this game, you have to eat a lot.

    I'm comforted by the fact that welfare standards are better in the UK than most places but there is still huge opportunities for improvement.
    That's wild! I see your point there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    LOL, and it will never say on the carton about the conditions of factory farmed eggs/poultry.

    These aint ciggerettes! Most of the public are massively ignorant to the conditions of intensive farming. But, supply and demand.
    lmao!
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  19. #19
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    Whatever eggs are Egg Beater brand. Pre carton-ed egg whites.
    Tried the brand All Whites... But man did it just look like semen. Threw it out day one. Couldn't do it

  20. #20
    drake4243's Avatar
    drake4243 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    strongvill
    Posts
    540
    ostridge.

  21. #21
    belva's Avatar
    belva is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Research. While methods of farming are generally better in the UK and places like Scandanavia, it's really bad else where. A supermarket chain over in the UK called Sainsbury only puts free range eggs in all their products where egg is a part of the product, and this goes from the delux stuff to the real cheap as chips ready meals.

    What else I dont like about factory farms and chickens, is that they have these poor birds stacked above each other where they shit and piss and the one on the bottom gets covered, dying a horrendous death. Chickens sold in supermarkets that come from factory farms are not even chickens to a degree, just a juvenile bird inbetween the stage of chick and hen that's been blown up with GH. And that happens in the UK as well. I try and eat free range as often as I can, but it's so expensive and in this game, you have to eat a lot.

    I'm comforted by the fact that welfare standards are better in the UK than most places but there is still huge opportunities for improvement.
    What about morrison or waitrose? do you know if they put free rage eggs in their products.

  22. #22
    Doom44's Avatar
    Doom44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    582
    Free range.

  23. #23
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    LOL, and it will never say on the carton about the conditions of factory farmed eggs/poultry.

    These aint ciggerettes! Most of the public are massively ignorant to the conditions of intensive farming. But, supply and demand.
    The EU banned conventional cages last year, they just get bigger cages now.

    I never buy caged eggs regardless. I will buy barn eggs if I'm strapped for cash but tbh I only eat 2 a day so there's no reason not to eat free range, for me at least.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 07-16-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  24. #24
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    Just my though on eggs, just cause it says something on the carton doesn't really mean there's truth behind it.
    Reminds me of when I was younger and I thought mcdonalds was good because it said "100% all beef patties". I was like wow, they are all beef!!
    Turns out that was the name of the company supplying the beef, or something like that.

    I never really payed much attention to where my eggs came from, always grabbed the cheapest ones. Is it really going to make a difference to your health ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •