Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: is my diet in check?

kurzyp is offline New Member

is my diet in check?

hi guys i want to know is my diet in check and how can i improve on it?
    i am new this this stuff so be nice as i don't understand it well

24/m
    175cm
    87kilo
    BF% as per online tests is around 18% but nothing official

my goal is not to bulk up at all but drop BF weight.

Breakfast
    Strawberries - Raw, 70 g
    watermelon, 100 g
    Redbull - Sugar Free x2
    apple

Snacks 1
    Fruit - Apple

Lunch
    Carrots - Raw, 100g
    Vegie Burger / kanga bangers
    Baby Corn 80g

snack 2
    Carrots - Raw, 200 g
    light capsicum dip 20gram

dinner
    Carrots - Raw, 100g
    Vegie Burger / kanga bangers
    Baby Corn 80g

snack 3
    diet jelly 140g around 4 cal

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Choose your bodyfat from the picture below for a better indication.

How long have you been following this diet? Are you a vegetarian/pescetarian?

What is the macro split and total cals of this diet?

What is your exercise regime?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3673150104.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	141759
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks back in black

i would say i at in between 5 and 6 more towards 5.
    i am not a vegetarian just over meat at the moment but if it helps me drop BF ill eat it.

macro split ? is this is the split between fat/ carb /protein mine is 21%fat 58% carb 21% protein total cal is around 950. i get pretty full off all this because i smash around 2 liters-3 liters of water a day

exercise is a hard one are ive hurt my ankle and cant run/walk with out it hurting and going numb so its hard finding cardio

Quote Originally Posted by kurzyp
    Thanks back in black

i would say i at in between 5 and 6 more towards 5.
    i am not a vegetarian just over meat at the moment but if it helps me drop BF ill eat it.

macro split ? is this is the split between fat/ carb /protein mine is 21%fat 58% carb 21% protein total cal is around 950. i get pretty full off all this because i smash around 2 liters-3 liters of water a day

exercise is a hard one are ive hurt my ankle and cant run/walk with out it hurting and going numb so its hard finding cardio
    Do you mean 20-25% or 5-6%?

What is your goal?

Do you lift? Can you cycle?

That diet really can't make you full, even after a meal. How many cals is it? How long have you been following it?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 07-16-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    kurzyp likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

sorry i am 20-25% my pecks are the size of number 6 and arms but my gut is heaps smaller and don’t really have love handles like number 6. i am 60 percent number 5 (20%) and 40percent number 6 (25%)

my goal is just to drop weight i am currently 87 kilo and looking to be around 82kilo and around 15 percent BF%

i don’t lift as i don’t want to bulk up at all i cant cycle either. makes it really hard doing cardio if you can’t use a ankle.

i have been following it for around 3 weeks now and it does make me pretty full which is good and if i get hungry ill just eat either a banana extra or eat double carrot. it is around 950 cal for veggie burgers. and kanga bangers is around 1100cal. and if i add bananas its around 90 cal per serve. i have lost 3.4kilo in three weeks with no excise.

thank you for replying and what can i change

Hulking2016 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzyp
    sorry i am 20-25% my pecks are the size of number 6 and arms but my gut is heaps smaller and don't really have love handles like number 6. i am 60 percent number 5 (20%) and 40percent number 6 (25%)

my goal is just to drop weight i am currently 87 kilo and looking to be around 82kilo and around 15 percent BF%

i don't lift as i don't want to bulk up at all i cant cycle either. makes it really hard doing cardio if you can't use a ankle.

i have been following it for around 3 weeks now and it does make me pretty full which is good and if i get hungry ill just eat either a banana extra or eat double carrot. it is around 950 cal for veggie burgers. and kanga bangers is around 1100cal. and if i add bananas its around 90 cal per serve. i have lost 3.4kilo in three weeks with no excise.

thank you for replying and what can i change
    Lol Why don't you want any muscle? and lifting weights burns calories so that could be your cardio and the more muscle you have burns more calories on a daily basis. Lifting weights and getting some muscle will make to look thinner and more in shape

i do already have muscles and not that fussed to bulk up anymore. i would just prefer to drop body fat
    "muscle you have burns more calories on a daily basis" how does this work?

Well, I'm gonna disagree that you have muscle but if you have enough for you then that's fair enough.

Now, if you continue with your current 'diet' then 2 things will happen. 1, you will lose weight but expect a portion of that loss to be muscle. 2, you will cause metabolic damage. When you combine these 2 your basal metabolic rate will be drastically reduced and anytime you go back to a 'normal' diet you will not be able to eat as much as you did before you started this diet.

Why do you feel you need to lose weight quickly? How quickly? I think you shoul up your calories to about 1700 per day, on the basis that you are doing no exercise. Because you don't lift it's difficult to pick a macro split for you but I would go with something like

150g protein
    50g fat
    170g carbs
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    'Bulking up' is such a common excuse for not doing weights and yet one with very little grounding. How do you expect to put on slabs of mass with restricted diet... You won't. I'd just like to day that I against the advice on this board dropped my calories way too low before and all that happened is I lost all my energy and stopped losing weight, right before a massive rebound because I got sick of feeling so rubbish and started eating junk again. Slow and steady is the only way to lose and keep off the weight.

Thread Information