starscream is offline Associate Member

carb back loading for my girlfriend.

So my girl and I have been dieting pretty strictly for the past few months.. Using the carb back loading method (no carbs all day until after the gym, then one gram/lb LBM after gym. Limit of 80g carb on rest days)
    I have seen pretty decent results but she has been struggling with it. She changed her birth control in the middle of this witch I would think could have some pretty noticeable effects. But she is actually slightly gaining weight.

While I honestly feel like I can see her leaning out slightly she has mentioned that some pants are getting a little tight on her..
    She just started training with me at the gym. I am no trainer and I'm not really sure what's best for a woman as opposed to a man so I've been having her do heavy weight training with around 10min cardio 4 days a week. She is very inexperienced with weight training so at first I was attributing the weight gain to an increase in LBM due to the new shock of the weights but now that she says some pants are right on her in not so sure.

I feel like I might be rambling a bit so to be more to the point. I'm wondering what kind of results if any some of you women have had with carb back loading and also what kind of training you would recommend for her.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    As far as back loading... Whatever, do what you can stick to... It really doesn't matter...

As far as women's weight training.... It should absolutely be hard and heavy like a mans weight training...

If she is getting leaner and heavier then that is excellent.... That means she is adding LBM.....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

starscream is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    As far as back loading... Whatever, do what you can stick to... It really doesn't matter...

As far as women's weight training.... It should absolutely be hard and heavy like a mans weight training...

If she is getting leaner and heavier then that is excellent.... That means she is adding LBM.....
    Thanks for your reply! Back loading is great for us for the reason that it is easy for us to stick to. With the occasional slipped up weekend.. :-\

we will keep at it!

Thread Information