beefy_bod is offline Associate Member

New and improve diet!

Hey there finally got help from some vets on here and hopefully good to go now and get this clean bulk going!

I did my weight 150 x .10% bf =(15) then I did 150-15= (135) then 135 x 15 which gave me 2,025 gonna add 500 above tdee and got 2500 some up this is rounded up a bit just to let yall know gonna go from there than asses up or down depending on how it goes
    As far as my split goes I'm doing 40p/25c/35f
    Protein 250g, carbs 155g, fat 95g
    I'm gonna head over to the workout section and get my lifting detailed in, but was wondering how does this look?

Stats:
    150lbs
    Bf%8-9 went ahead with 10% just to be safe
    6'1
    The only problem I have is measuring out the food and all that any helpful tools I can use would myfitnesslpal work just plug macros and cals in I know the foods to eat, what the good carbs and bad. What are high glycemic and all just not the smart at the stuff I guess

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You could have used the same thread.

You could also have used the information that the vets bothered to give you.

Good luck.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    You could have used the same thread.

You could also have used the information that the vets bothered to give you.

Good luck.
    Sorry I haven't been on the site in awhile and wasn't thinking! But I am using the same as the vets gave me just lowered it 100cal and if there's no changes I'll add the 100 cals back up to 2600.
    And I'm doing a diff split ADHD felt like I would start out with this and see it will need to be tailored just thought I could get some insight on If this was good enough to go with. Also felt as if there were an easier way to calculate my food or macros as seeing I'm not that good at it, was wondering If there were another way what about myfitnesspal? Until I can get me a scale and figure it out till them to measure foods

You changed macro's too. You simply don't need that much protein.

Yes you can use myfitnesspal for calculating but that is pointless without a digital kitchen scale, buy one today.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

You changed macro's too. You simply don't need that much protein.

Yes you can use myfitnesspal for calculating but that is pointless without a digital kitchen scale, buy one today.
    Ok man going by the store today how do you use it? I know it spits out the gram then what? Also last question about the tdee why is it low, is it because of my low weight, bf%, both what??

Quote Originally Posted by beefy_bod

Ok man going by the store today how do you use it? I know it spits out the gram then what? Also last question about the tdee why is it low, is it because of my low weight, bf%, both what??
    It's low because of your low weight yes. Even though you think you are very active I wager you burn much less calories than you think.

How do you use what? A scale?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

It's low because of your low weight yes. Even though you think you are very active I wager you burn much less calories than you think.

How do you use what? A scale?
    Ok and on the scale part I looked it up online and to measure your food say for example a piece of fish and it spits out its 125grams do I divide 125/4? Since its protein.

Since there's 4 cals/per g protein, 4/ carbs and 9/g fats or does it give you cals already

Ok and on the scale part I looked it up online and to measure your food say for example a piece of fish and it spits out its 125grams do I divide 125/4? Since its protein.

Since there's 4 cals/per g protein, 4/ carbs and 9/g fats or does it give you cals already
    No, it doesn't work like that. Work out how many g's of protein per 100g your fish has. Then you would multiply that figure by 1.25 (if it weighs 125g). Same for every other food. Nearly all the nutrition info should be on your packets. If it isn't use myfitnesspal for any missing info.

All your food should be weighed in its uncooked state.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

No, it doesn't work like that. Work out how many g's of protein per 100g your fish has. Then you would multiply that figure by 1.25 (if it weighs 125g). Same for every other food. Nearly all the nutrition info should be on your packets. If it isn't use myfitnesspal for any missing info.

All your food should be weighed in its uncooked state.
    So most scales you would will tell you cals right? At least the ones I looked at are they accurate

So most scales you would will tell you cals right? At least the ones I looked at are they accurate
    No, they tell you weight. The calculations beyond that are fairly simple.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Cheifjuana is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy_bod View Post

Hahaha

No, they tell you weight. The calculations beyond that are fairly simple.
    Ok I'm stupid then because the scales I seen tell you in gram right which is weight and then you x's whatever food you weigh just like if it's 138g of rice you will do 138 x 4 and get 552cals is tht not right or what? This is crazy haha

What does the nutrition info say on your packet if rice?

Per 100g

Carbs ?
    Protein ?
    Fat ?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Per 100g

Carbs ?
    Protein ?
    Fat ?
    I buy the instant brown rice in the bags it says 1/2 cup (43g) on the back of the label makes about 1 cup cooked and that shows 150 cals for a cup!

But I'm asking on like if you don't have the label on the back of foods to go of off how do you determine how many cals you have by measuring the foods on the scale?? Like an apple if the scale says 84g how do you figure the cals and carbs and all that?

This is too confusing if anything I'll find a scale that I put a code in and it will calculate the food, carbs, protein etc lol I never was smart at math I'm more of a show me person haha

Per 100g

Carbs ?
    Protein ?
    Fat ?
    And do you mean packet from the scale or food box label? Sorry just now thought about thay

I buy the instant brown rice in the bags it says 1/2 cup (43g) on the back of the label makes about 1 cup cooked and that shows 150 cals for a cup!

AND WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT THE CALORIE AND MACRO AMOUNTS?

But I'm asking on like if you don't have the label on the back of foods to go of off how do you determine how many cals you have by measuring the foods on the scale?? Like an apple if the scale says 84g how do you figure the cals and carbs and all that?

USE MYFITNESSPAL PAL, PUT IN THE AMOUNT AND IT WILL GIVE YOU MACRO'S

This is too confusing if anything I'll find a scale that I put a code in and it will calculate the food, carbs, protein etc lol I never was smart at math I'm more of a show me person haha
    The scale you want doesn't exist.

Here's an example. My brown rice has 67.7g carbs per 100g dry weight. If I want 100g worth of carbs I cook approx 150g dry weight to get 100g of carbs. If I want 60g carbs I cook approx 90g dry weight.

Don't forget to adjust/factor in the protein and fats too.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

The scale you want doesn't exist.

Here's an example. My brown rice has 67.7g carbs per 100g dry weight. If I want 100g worth of carbs I cook approx 150g dry weight to get 100g of carbs. If I want 60g carbs I cook approx 90g dry weight.

Don't forget to adjust/factor in the protein and fats too.
    So pretty much your not looking for cals you mainly just hitting macros.

Well I'm still learning I looked on my box of rice and it didn't say 100g it just says for 1/2 cup 43g dry makes 2 servings 1 cup cooked so that's 150 each cup of serving haha
    the whole food weighing is tough or I'm just a no brainer. Lol

Cheifjuana is offline Junior Member

Well I'm still learning I looked on my box of rice and it didn't say 100g it just says for 1/2 cup 43g dry makes 2 servings 1 cup cooked so that's 150 each cup of serving haha
    You can use google for any food. Ex an apple has 14.6 calories per ounce. Google: "food name" nutrition data.

Hmm guess I could just trying to figure and do it by myself without having to use the Internet

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Half a cup is about 100g of rice which will have about 70g of carbs....

Where is says 1/2 cup = 1 serving... You need to look at what 1 serving contains... It should be listed right in front of you...

I would fukin hate how the yanks nutrition labelling works lol.... In the uk everything is done per 100g which makes it much easier...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Oh yeah.... As Black said, you made a complete hash of those macros....

Protein is too high, carbs are too low and fats are too high....

Didn't black make macro recommendations in another thread

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    Oh yeah.... As Black said, you made a complete hash of those macros....

Protein is too high, carbs are too low and fats are too high....

Didn't black make macro recommendations in another thread
    Ya but idk what the split is, thing is I'm still learning this stuff! Ya it says 1/2 oats is 150 do I go by that or measure it out? And for fruit and other stuff idk guess I just start eating

Just weigh your food

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Ya but idk what the split is, thing is I'm still learning this stuff! Ya it says 1/2 oats is 150 do I go by that or measure it out? And for fruit and other stuff idk guess I just start eating
    Dude, you are making this really complicated and it isn't. Stop thinking and start doing!

Thread Information