Thread: Help !!

Doom44 is offline Member

Help !!

Hi, I'm eat 4000 cals per day and still can't gain weight, should I increase my cals intake?

Macros : 55% 25% 20%
    My diet look almost the same, brown rice with chicken breast and broccoli .

Stats
    Bf: 11%
    Heigh: 171cm
    Weight : 167

RipOwens is offline Member
    Lay out your daily diet so people can properly critique it, .... something doesn't seem right here.

Doom44 is offline Member
    Meal 1 : oat and milk.
    Meal 2 : brown rice, chicken breast and broccoli.
    Meal 3 : shake
    Meal 4 : brown rice and chicken breast.
    Meal 5 : shake
    Meal 6 : brown rice and chicken breast
    Meal 7 : before sleep one shake.

Due to my job I hard to line up what time I have my meal. But I'm able to eat every 2 1/2 hours.

Doom44 is offline Member
    and i sleep 7 hours every night .

i'm a group/aerobic instructor.

ok, so what's your goals here? Put on lean muscle i take it. Two observations: you eat the same meal 3 times a day? I'm surprised you're not losing weight just from boredom. And is 25 % your carbs? why so low if you're trying to gain weight? Either way, if you're an aerobic instructor i'm guessing you burn plenty of calories. Any idea what your TDEE is?

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipOwens
    ok, so what's your goals here? Put on lean muscle i take it. Two observations: you eat the same meal 3 times a day? I'm surprised you're not losing weight just from boredom. And is 25 % your carbs? why so low if you're trying to gain weight? Either way, if you're an aerobic instructor i'm guessing you burn plenty of calories. Any idea what your TDEE is?

No I eat 55%carbs 25%protein 20%fats.
    My goals is to build lean muscle.
    My TDEE is 3500. That's why I add on 500 to put on weight. But it doesn't work. Lol

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    don't look like 4000 to me just my opinion. That's more of a cutting diet seems. How in the hell is your TDEE 3500 and you are only 167? Not bashing but it just don't add up here. And you might want to list how much of the above food you are eating. That's a shit ton of cals to be eating clean like that. Are your shakes weight gain/mass or just whey?

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985
    don't look like 4000 to me just my opinion. That's more of a cutting diet seems. How in the hell is your TDEE 3500 and you are only 167? Not bashing but it just don't add up here. And you might want to list how much of the above food you are eating. That's a shit ton of cals to be eating clean like that. Are your shakes weight gain/mass or just whey?
    I shake weight gainer. Buddy trust me I eat shit ton of food everyday . And I weight my food every time I eat. So I sure that, I eat 4000 per day. I using myfitness pal to record my daily intake. My TDEE will be 3500 is because of my work. I do 2 or 3 sessions cardio per day, each session last 55-60 minutes.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom44 View Post
    I shake weight gainer. Buddy trust me I eat shit ton of food everyday . And I weight my food every time I eat. So I sure that, I eat 4000 per day. My TDEE will be 3500 is because of my work. I do 2 or 3 sessions cardio per day, each session last 55-60 minutes.
    you do up to 3 sessions of cardio EVERYDAY at 60 mins each??? No wonder you cant gain man, stop that ridiculousness. Are you currently on AAS? cut the cardio way back and eat more, that should fix it. Just too much physical activity and get more rest. Your not going to get fat as long as you don't get careless. Good luck

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985

you do up to 3 sessions of cardio EVERYDAY at 60 mins each??? No wonder you cant gain man, stop that ridiculousness. Are you currently on AAS? cut the cardio way back and eat more, that should fix it. Just too much physical activity and get more rest. Your not going to get fat as long as you don't get careless. Good luck
    I'm not on AAS. I hope I can stop doing this. But this is my job. Sad. Plan to quit my job next month and focus on bb. But before that what can I do? Eat more?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom44

I shake weight gainer. Buddy trust me I eat shit ton of food everyday . And I weight my food every time I eat. So I sure that, I eat 4000 per day. I using myfitness pal to record my daily intake. My TDEE will be 3500 is because of my work. I do 2 or 3 sessions cardio per day, each session last 55-60 minutes.
    Ok, wow...yeah, that's a shit ton of calorie burning each day. The shakes will help, but only to a certain point. Hoping one of the nutrition gurus can weigh in at some point, give them a chance to respond. Hang in there bro!!

Yeh. Unfortunately when ur hitting that much cardio u got more chance of going catabolic. Look at your maintenance and ur calories MINUS WHAT YOU BURN IN CARDIO. So. If ur burning 500calories a session. Ur losing 1500 each day...so u need to get that back on. Try having a meal instead of shakes. Add couple new potatoes in the mix. N use the shakes to wash down ur meal (I use half shake like this). Gives u an instant boost n ur slower digesting feed feeds u for hours. ;-) good luck

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPectorial View Post
    Yeh. Unfortunately when ur hitting that much cardio u got more chance of going catabolic. Look at your maintenance and ur calories MINUS WHAT YOU BURN IN CARDIO. So. If ur burning 500calories a session. Ur losing 1500 each day...so u need to get that back on. Try having a meal instead of shakes. Add couple new potatoes in the mix. N use the shakes to wash down ur meal (I use half shake like this). Gives u an instant boost n ur slower digesting feed feeds u for hours. ;-) good luck
    Thanks mate!! You means white potatoes or sweet potatoes?

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Its simple buddy, eat more

If I could, I would

Thread Information