Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 5' 10" 320 lbs. 39% Body Fat - Help

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Use the list I gave you above. There is nothing too processed on there.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Giggle is offline Female Member
    When you're shopping, think carefully about the sodium content of the food.
    In order to get this blood pressure down you're going to need medication - but low sodium will help out immensely.
    Read the labels of everything! Hot dogs are the absolute worst, but you'll be surprised where sodium lives. Anything processed probably had sodium in it.

And onother good point about fresh REAL food? No Sodium!

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Oops - I should have said no added sodium....

starscream is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by V1R4G3 View Post
    To clarify, I know my take today on food was bad. I don't have a good cupboard of quality groceries at the moment so I wanted to get an idea for a diet to shop for.

By sustainable, I mean a diet that is realistic and one that I will want to stick to. Loved CKD but hated the side effects of the ketone bodies: ketone flu, smelly breath, smelly sweat, intense sugar cravings.
    How do you feel about eating repetitively? Like do you easily get sick of the same meal over and over?

I personally eat the exact same things at the same times almost every day!

*5oz Jenny-O lean breakfast turkey sausage mixed into 2 whole scrambled eggs at 6 a.m.

*about 6oz chicken breast at noon

*4 p.m gym

*10oz beef steak, a good serving of green vegetables (I love asparagus, sometimes broccoli or peas) and about 6oz sweet potato. - - sometimes I even allow myself a little ice cream or frozen yogurt for desert if I really want it :-)

Some days I will just get SICK of chicken and substitute with a turkey burger (no bun) or a fish fillet. Salmon or tilapia.

Notice I am taking in zero carbs until after the gym. Most agree it's best to get all of your carbs closest to your hardest activities of the day.

Also I carry a gallon of water with me literally EVERYWHERE I go. You mentioned you like a Pepsi max here and there.. Like 40oz a day.. I know a couple diet sodas a day may not seem like a big deal but hear me out.
    Those diet sodas use an artificial sweetener called aspartame! Which has been linked to MANY health issues. Including high blood pressure and hypertension.

Drink water brother! NOTHING ELSE
    No juice... No sports drinks.. They are not nearly as healthy and great for you as the ads lead you to think. In fact I have made it a rule for myself to never eat anything I see a TV ad for.. Fast food, 100 calorie packs of oreos.. If they have to spend money to get me to buy it there is something not right there.

Now throughout my day I may munch on some carrots or celery if I feel hungry and maybe a jearky stick or 2 if I'm feeling like I need the energy.

Also I go shopping every Sunday and buy all I need then go home and cook my lunches.. My breakfast is quick and easy so I just cook that as I eat it and dinner, I just enjoy cooking so I do it every night.

So to give you a simple sample example (that was fun to say :-) haha) my shopping list usually looks like this

*1 large pkg of about 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

*5 lean beef steaks

*1 bunch of asparagus

*1 big bag of broccoli

*1 big bag of carrots

*5 sweet potatoes

*1 Mrs. Dash "chicken" seasoning (maybe every other week, I go through it fast)

*1 tube of lean turkey breakfast sausage

*a dozen eggs

I think that's about it...

Anyone can count and see that I'm not shopping for my weekends.. This has actually been killing me and I really need to get my shit together there.. I eat like hell on the weekends and regret it every Monday!

I know it can be easy to tell yourself a grilled chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a is no different than a chicken breast at home but I'd really recommend you stay away from fast food.. Cheating once in a while (once a month or less) is fine but we just gotta stay away from those places man.

And kick the pop! Water water water!

V1R4G3 is offline New Member
    Actually eating repetitively is fine by me. The cheaper the better. I am very interested in your meal plan.

I won't train until I get the BP to a safe level.

Great news, I got ahold of some prescription blood pressure medicine from my mom tonight. She was put on it for her blood pressure following a major surgery and has since been stepped down in dosage. I have enough to hold me over until I get to the doctor this week.

She has a blood pressure monitor and prior to medicine, just as I suspected, I was 200/120. After taking this stuff. I gave it an hour and a half and retested, it had already dropped to about 180/100 and then later 160/100. I know we still have a ways to go, and training will have to wait, but I feel good knowing I am out of that high risk, catastrophic 200/120.

I want to have the opportunity to be held accountable during this thing, so should I maintain this thread? Or create a new one? I would really appreciate taking you all along for the ride. I guess some non-facial photos wouldn't be a bad idea. What do you think?

starscream is offline Associate Member
    Pics are a great way to track progress! In my opinion better than any scale or measuring tape

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by V1R4G3 View Post
    Great news, I got ahold of some prescription blood pressure medicine from my mom tonight. She was put on it for her blood pressure following a major surgery and has since been stepped down in dosage. I have enough to hold me over until I get to the doctor this week.
    What drug is it? Dosage?

50mg Adenolol I think and then 10mg of something else that she used to stack with it if the first stuff wasn't enough. I take both, 2 days so far.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Just be very, very careful if you choose to self medicate. Not usually a good idea but you are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Good luck. When are you seeing the doc?

Hopefully Thursday. If not I will go to an emergency clinic on saturday

BP is at 160/100 with medicine. I will let my doctor know so he can prescribe a stronger medication. I want to be at 120/80 so bad so I can shred.
    Brazensol likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information