Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 241 to 280 of 327
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Want my Shoulders Back (and the rest of me too)

  1. #241
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,928
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks like you're in the swing Giggle.. nice job. Keep it going

  2. #242
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    i feel guilty for taking a nite off from the treadmills after reading your updates. killer workouts girl!!!!

  3. #243
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Tonight was a secondary back night - fast and hard, but no advanced techniques. Most straight sets; quicker but less weight.
    DB rows to hip with 30, 40, 40, and finally 40 x 12
    DB pullovers with 40# x 4 sets of 10
    Variable grip pulldowns - 4 sets of 10-12
    Low cable rows 5 sets of 8
    Leg raises, 8 sets of 10
    Done!

  4. #244
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Nice. Very nice indeed!

  5. #245
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,928
    Blog Entries
    2
    How long are you typically in the gym for Giggle?

  6. #246
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    DB rows to hip with 30, 40, 40, and finally 40 x 12
    I do this too as it directly start working my triceps otherwise that I have done the day before!

    Thanks
    ~T


    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

    Giggle likes this.

  7. #247
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    let us know how was the meet!

  8. #248
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hey Igi - I try to minimize the time in the gym. Usually work at a higher intensity and don't drag out the training. I did back the other night in 45 minutes. Legs, maybe longer.
    When I'm doing only powerlifting though it's much longer. The rest periods are more lengthy. Today I was testing for the upcoming meet, and it took 2 hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    How long are you typically in the gym for Giggle?

  9. #249
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    It's still a couple weeks off - today I tested in squat and bench. Went so-so...tomorrow is deadlift.
    I'm not getting any PR's, but I'm going to support my team, and get some scores on the board for 2014!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    let us know how was the meet!

  10. #250
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,928
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Hey Igi - I try to minimize the time in the gym. Usually work at a higher intensity and don't drag out the training. I did back the other night in 45 minutes. Legs, maybe longer. When I'm doing only powerlifting though it's much longer. The rest periods are more lengthy. Today I was testing for the upcoming meet, and it took 2 hours!
    I'm a little longer than I want to be lately dude to lack of stamina, buy that will not be a long term issue. You have it down perfect. 45 mins.

  11. #251
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Yes, you will fix up the stamina pretty quick when you start to cut. You look phenomenal, by the way!

  12. #252
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Legs last night - squats to 185 for reps, just backing off for the meet
    hamstring curls lying supersetted with seated; top set was all out to failure and then partials, ending with 3 full
    ROM lifts - which really fried them out!
    Leg extensions - again, ending with partials in the top position, and the lower position, and finished with static holds (not long, though)
    Standing calfs with a 45# DB x 50 for each leg - my calves are looking small and stringy. Have to work on these more
    Not a bad night - and my hamstrings are definitely sore already today!

  13. #253
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Wow did I get off track... better catch up. Life gets in the way sometimes.
    Been doing good lifting. Getting ready for the meet. Did legs on Saturday and squatted 205. Did chest today - bench went up to 145.
    The rest of the week will be lighter weights and more "practice". Weight should be right on, at 148#
    Will do a water load from Tuesday till Friday, and cut water at lunchtime. I lift on Saturday, so I should be able to get plenty of carbs, water, and protein after that.
    Getting excited!

  14. #254
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Wow did I get off track... better catch up. Life gets in the way sometimes.
    Been doing good lifting. Getting ready for the meet. Did legs on Saturday and squatted 205. Did chest today - bench went up to 145.
    The rest of the week will be lighter weights and more "practice". Weight should be right on, at 148#
    Will do a water load from Tuesday till Friday, and cut water at lunchtime. I lift on Saturday, so I should be able to get plenty of carbs, water, and protein after that.
    Getting excited!
    I am excited too!!! So when u are at the meet, imagine all of us pushing/pulling with you in the bar

  15. #255
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Will do a water load from Tuesday till Friday
    How is this done?

    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer


  16. #256
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Yes - I sure will! I'll let you know - it doesn't look like I'm going to get any PR's, but much better than where I was 4-5 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I am excited too!!! So when u are at the meet, imagine all of us pushing/pulling with you in the bar

  17. #257
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Oh - that's easy.
    For me (pretty lightweight):
    Tuesday 1 gallon
    Wednesday 2 gallons
    Thursday 3 gallons
    Friday only drink water till noon, and then only sips till after weighins on Saturday
    The body still thinks it's getting plenty of water, and continues to pee out more than usual. I will probably drop 3-4#.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    How is this done?

    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer


  18. #258
    bikeral's Avatar
    bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    8,122
    Hi Giggle

    Great to see you are in full force. Kill the shit out of it.

  19. #259
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Oh - that's easy.
    For me (pretty lightweight):
    Tuesday 1 gallon
    Wednesday 2 gallons
    Thursday 3 gallons
    Friday only drink water till noon, and then only sips till after weighins on Saturday
    The body still thinks it's getting plenty of water, and continues to pee out more than usual. I will probably drop 3-4#.
    HAHA, Ok, this is way more than I knew. I will try this only for the purpose of testing as I am way to curious :-)

    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

    Giggle likes this.

  20. #260
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thanks Al!
    I always get mad at the weights, and that helps. I will be thinking "No f'ing piece of shXX iron is going to beat me!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Hi Giggle

    Great to see you are in full force. Kill the shit out of it.
    bikeral likes this.

  21. #261
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Oh - that's easy.
    For me (pretty lightweight):
    Tuesday 1 gallon
    Wednesday 2 gallons
    Thursday 3 gallons
    Friday only drink water till noon, and then only sips till after weighins on Saturday
    The body still thinks it's getting plenty of water, and continues to pee out more than usual. I will probably drop 3-4#.
    That's a lot of water girl. I would be sloshing! Meet has got to be soon. Remember we are all giving u that extra push!!!

  22. #262
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hey guys!
    The meet was Saturday, and it went great. I'm not satisfied, of course, but it's a reasonable total for an old girl!
    Squat 220
    Bench 140
    Deadlift 265
    For a total of 625

    So glad I did it, and sooo glad it's done. I remember just a few months ago I absolutely couldn't get a 225# deadlift off the floor - so I'd say it was a successful meet.
    Thanks guys, for all the support!
    bikeral likes this.

  23. #263
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    22,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Hey guys! The meet was Saturday, and it went great. I'm not satisfied, of course, but it's a reasonable total for an old girl! Squat 220 Bench 140 Deadlift 265 For a total of 625 So glad I did it, and sooo glad it's done. I remember just a few months ago I absolutely couldn't get a 225# deadlift off the floor - so I'd say it was a successful meet. Thanks guys, for all the support!
    Awesome Giggle!!!

    Those are some great lifts and you should be proud of yourself!

    We are never satisfied and that's what makes us want to work harder!

    Don't forget to pat yourself on the back!

  24. #264
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Hey guys! The meet was Saturday, and it went great. I'm not satisfied, of course, but it's a reasonable total for an old girl! Squat 220 Bench 140 Deadlift 265 For a total of 625 So glad I did it, and sooo glad it's done. I remember just a few months ago I absolutely couldn't get a 225# deadlift off the floor - so I'd say it was a successful meet. Thanks guys, for all the support!
    We'll done giggle...

    Great work and great progress.

    Congrats, sometimes we are our own worst critic.

  25. #265
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thank you!! It was fun and I got to see a lot of old friends. Next time, even better on the lifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Awesome Giggle!!!

    Those are some great lifts and you should be proud of yourself!

    We are never satisfied and that's what makes us want to work harder!

    Don't forget to pat yourself on the back!

  26. #266
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thanks KJ - you are sure right on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    We'll done giggle...

    Great work and great progress.

    Congrats, sometimes we are our own worst critic.

  27. #267
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Nicely done! Be hard on yourself if u must but remember, you are a 1%er. You trained, . showed up and competed!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    Hey guys!
    The meet was Saturday, and it went great. I'm not satisfied, of course, but it's a reasonable total for an old girl!
    Squat 220
    Bench 140
    Deadlift 265
    For a total of 625

    So glad I did it, and sooo glad it's done. I remember just a few months ago I absolutely couldn't get a 225# deadlift off the floor - so I'd say it was a successful meet.
    Thanks guys, for all the support!

  28. #268
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hey GGR!
    Thanks for checking in.
    I am glad I competed - but it's the perfect time to return to more of a bodybuilding focus. Can't wait to start again tomorrow!

  29. #269
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Back in the saddle - did arms this morning, and then did legs this afternoon!
    Great day

  30. #270
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Back in the saddle - did arms this morning, and then did legs this afternoon!
    Great day
    What does your workout setup look like?


    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer


  31. #271
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hi Tarmyg. I don't have a very consistent setup right now. I do try to do legs twice most weeks. They are a weak area and need the extra time.
    I like to start the week with legs, then chest on Tuesday. Back on Wednesday, shoulders next, and then arms last cause they're easy.
    How about you?

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    What does your workout setup look like?


    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer


  32. #272
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    I am currently running:
    Monday: Shoulders & Traps
    Tuesday: Legs/Abs
    Wednesday: Triceps & Biceps
    Thursday: Back
    Friday: Chest
    Saturday: Abs

    Thanks
    ~T


    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

    Giggle likes this.

  33. #273
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    Great lifts at the meet giggle good job

  34. #274
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    That looks like a good routine. Lots of work!
    Do you have any certain routine for abs?

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I am currently running:
    Monday: Shoulders & Traps
    Tuesday: Legs/Abs
    Wednesday: Triceps & Biceps
    Thursday: Back
    Friday: Chest
    Saturday: Abs

    Thanks
    ~T


    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer


  35. #275
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thanks DCI. Appreciate that
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Great lifts at the meet giggle good job
    DCI likes this.

  36. #276
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Did legs tonight - better!
    Squats up to 215 for two reps
    Leg press - top set was three plates x 6, with a triple drop set of 6 reps each drop
    Lying hamstrings - last set was rest pause and drops - awwww, hurts
    Leg extensions - top set I finally made it to 100 x 4, with static holds at the top of each rep
    Then abs and 10 minutes on the stairmaster to finish it off.

  37. #277
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    HEY!
    I just realized that I've been logging here for 6 months exactly. Looks like I've made some really nice improvements in strength and leanness. I'm up by 4#, but I also am smaller in the waist and look tighter.
    Best of all - my diet is dialed in now and is easy to follow. If you remember - this was a hard area for me in the beginning. I feel I have come a loooong way!
    Can't wait to see what the next six months brings.

  38. #278
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    22,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    HEY! I just realized that I've been logging here for 6 months exactly. Looks like I've made some really nice improvements in strength and leanness. I'm up by 4#, but I also am smaller in the waist and look tighter. Best of all - my diet is dialed in now and is easy to follow. If you remember - this was a hard area for me in the beginning. I feel I have come a loooong way! Can't wait to see what the next six months brings.
    There ya go and so glad you realized the progress you have made!!!!

    And we all look forward to what you are going to show us next!
    Giggle likes this.

  39. #279
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,790
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    That looks like a good routine. Lots of work!
    Do you have any certain routine for abs?
    Yes, Tuesday is a lighter Ab workout with 3 different machines.

    Saturday is heavier based on the thread here on the forums someone posted.


    Thanks
    ~T



    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

    Giggle likes this.

  40. #280
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Training has been going great. Was OOT for a little while, but I'm catching up.
    Chest:
    BP, powerlifting style, up to 150 tonight! Then did some work sets of 135 x 2 or 3
    Flat DBs - last set was 45's x 4, then RP, and got 2 more
    Flat flyes - with 25's to failure, 3 sets
    Machine incline press, up to 35 on a side, and finished with a double drop set
    Did some pullups for good measure, and closed with abs
    DCI likes this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •