Str8Bootz is offline New Member

Gaining lean mass at 6"6!

Hey im new to the forum just looking for abit of advice here im going to post my stats below-
    6"6
    185lbs
    So ive got my macros so far for maintanence , chose the usual 40/40/20 split so here's my macros as follows
    236P
    72F
    236C
    2536 cals..
    So im new to lifting id say, ive smashed dumbells for years which dont even count, so my question being i wanna stay lean but build muscle neone got any advice on carb manipulation? Say i took 3000 cals on workout day just bumpig my carbs up to hit 3000cals and on off days etc stay at maintenance? That correct ? I would like some in depth explanation if that isnt too much to ask thanks !

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome!

check out the lean bulk stickie at the top and it should help you out with those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    welcome!

check out the lean bulk stickie at the top and it should help you out with those questions.
    Yeah pretty indepth thread and very informative, good read. So jn terms of fat mono and poly are the good ones ? Trans and saturated are the bad ?

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Bootz View Post
    Yeah pretty indepth thread and very informative, good read. So jn terms of fat mono and poly are the good ones ? Trans and saturated are the bad ?
    Yes to the fats. I am currently doing almost exactly what you posted. Only real difference is since I am still trying to lose fat on my non-lifting days I am still eating my maintenance - 400'ish. On lift days I bump it up to maintenance + 400'ish calories. So far so good but I've only been at it a couple of weeks. On lift days I eat most of my carbs in the meal before lifting and the meal after lifting and taper the rest off as the days proceeds and finish it up at night before bed with a casein shake (1.5 servings) with 8-10 ounces of almond milk in the hopes of preserving as much lbm as possible. Seems to be working but too soon to tell for sure!

Yeh Carb cycling is good. Just lower ur carbs on the non workout days personally. Refers for your sessions. But self monitor. If ur stuck. U might need to add more food. If u start gaining too fast lose some n remember. If ur weight changes. So does ur macros!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Yes to the fats. I am currently doing almost exactly what you posted. Only real difference is since I am still trying to lose fat on my non-lifting days I am still eating my maintenance - 400'ish. On lift days I bump it up to maintenance + 400'ish calories. So far so good but I've only been at it a couple of weeks. On lift days I eat most of my carbs in the meal before lifting and the meal after lifting and taper the rest off as the days proceeds and finish it up at night before bed with a casein shake (1.5 servings) with 8-10 ounces of almond milk in the hopes of preserving as much lbm as possible. Seems to be working but too soon to tell for sure!
    ahh thats what i like to see interesting with the cut -400 on the off maintenance i actually might try that but maybe switch it up abit and go negative 200 below maintenance, keeping the carbs for early throughout the day and tapering off like u said i also had that in mind. ive got my diet pretty well setup im going to switch it up maybe every month(carb source's) imma probably hit up ON for some supps

Thread Information