LVCat is offline Junior Member

dieting and tracking sucks

been trying to maintain 2k cal with protein, carb and fat goals.... it's hard to eat clean...lol

today I had...

breakfast
    banana, protein shake (i normally have 3 or so eggs for breakfast but was running real late)

snack
    1/4 cup almonds
    large fuji apple

lunch
    2 chicken breasts and broccoli

dinner
    (post work out) protein shake
    1.5 chicken talames w/green sauce
    1 banana
    2 filets of beef

according to an app i'm using this is 2086cals, 211g protein, 146g carbs, 93g fat

my goal was 2000 cal, 225g protein, 175g carbs, 75g fat

I'm getting closer and better at this stuff... (this is meant to be a frustration post + any comments, critiques, help)......

Ciao

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Hello fellow Las Vegan... (but only for nine more days)!

Missing by 86 is no big deal. You'll have over days and under days. Just look at the end of the week and see how close you came. I have found eating clean to be rather easy (and an enjoyable change to be sure). I find I get to eat a lot more too! Before just half a pizza put me over half my daily allotment (and all wrong macros). Now I eat several times a day and even when cutting I never really get hungry. Tracking is a pain but you will get better at it as you start to memorize what foods have what macros. I currently track (and weigh) everything I eat. But see the day coming when I can back off of that some.

LVCat is offline Junior Member
    Ah, enjoy your last 9 nine days. Maybe one day I will get to say the same thing .

Appreciate the comment. I have noticed that I do eat more, but at the same time that takes up more time and my day is pretty packed as it is... but if you don't have to work for it, you don't deserve it right? I don't currently weigh my food, not sure if that's a step that I should take..at least only a week or so into this... when did you start weighing your food?

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    LOL I think most people feel how you do, that's why there are so many overweight people especially in the states. Brazen hit it on the head, you will have days you go over and days you go under... Deiting is a long process as I'm realizing for myself it takes time and dedication. (I think that's another reason why obesity is a problem) If your pressed for time try cooking large amounts at one time then tupperware everything. I have been doing this and it works great, I usually only cook three times a week. Hope this helps!

Thread Information