Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Necromanncer

Thread: need help getting my act together

Joseph956 is offline Associate Member

need help getting my act together

I won't go completely into my diet or my background but trust me, food and I have been great friends for too many years and no not good foods.. The kind of foods and the kind of meals that leave me wanting to throw up after but I just sit there and say I'm never doing that again! Until next weekend rolls around...

Basically I have a real problem with dinner and with overeating the wrong foods and I need to change my habits. I want to plan my meals for the whole week, I want some sort of organized structure to my meals not just wake up and look in the fridge a few dozen times until I just go get something at the store like tacos.

The question is where do I start? Can I do this alone? What kind of help do I need if I do need help? Help!

I'm on TRT and will be for life but I'm obviously not using it wisely.. I can post my stats along with pictures although I'm embarrassed to do so because of how far I've let myself go.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1 day at a time. If at the end of the day you can say you went forward not backwards that's all that matters. It's a marathon not a sprint. Start treating yourself better you deserve it.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have the same problem "I love to eat" It is difficult but you can do it. What works for me is finding foods that fit my macro's that I enjoy eating. Once you find them make them your habit. I eat a lot of the same foods all the time because I enjoy them. Tuna with miracle whip light onions and celery, baby spinach with 2 hard boiled eggs dried cranberries grilled chicken crushed blue cheese with a vinaigrette dressing, cod and brown rice. I eat these three things a lot.
    The hardest part is making time to prepare your foods in advance. Hope this helps.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I have the same problem "I love to eat" It is difficult but you can do it. What works for me is finding foods that fit my macro's that I enjoy eating. Once you find them make them your habit. I eat a lot of the same foods all the time because I enjoy them. Tuna with miracle whip light onions and celery, baby spinach with 2 hard boiled eggs dried cranberries grilled chicken crushed blue cheese with a vinaigrette dressing, cod and brown rice. I eat these three things a lot.
    The hardest part is making time to prepare your foods in advance. Hope this helps.
    Agree^^^

i am sure you can find some healthy meals that you enjoy and are fitting your daily calorie need.

I am big fan of

150-200g lean ground beef 94%
    With pasta sauce
    And mixed in rice with some melted cheese on top.

Could eat that all day long...

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I am the exact same way. I love to over indulge to the point of wanting to puke. Then I struggle with decisions and most often make poor ones out of frustration.

Lately I have switched to preparing all of my meals for the entire week at one time. I fill containers with the exact amount of foods I need and it makes it much, much easier to make good choices. Give it a try for 3 or 4 days...you will wonder why you have not been doing this forever.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    All great advice. I have the same bad habit and I have done a couple things to help myself.

No more stocking the pantry with the crap that I love to indulge in. Wife and kids have to suffer. If my kids want an unhealthy snack they get to ride their bikes to the nearest convenience store and by a single serving ice cream, candy bar or whatever they want. If we allow the kids to order pizza, I get the size I know they can eat in one setting. No leftovers, too easy for me to grab a slice if I have a craving.

Worst times for me are nights and weekends. Keep busy. Don't sit down and watch TV, this is when I want that crap snack. Anything that you used to like to do, do it now. Walking, biking, hiking...anything. A tip on the weekend if you have kids. Grab some charcoal, lean meat, grillable veggie that's good (even a red or sweet potato is good) and take the family to the park. Bring a frisbee or a soccer ball and spend an hour or two.

For me, I never crave the crap unless I have some down time. Sometimes I even go to bed earlier so I can get over the craving. If that's what it takes...I do it. Something else that helps me, plan a meal that is a cheat meal. Allow it every 2 weeks or so, I try to avoid junk like sugary snacks because I will crave them for the next week but I will have a large plate of whole wheat pasta with turkey meatballs and marinara , slice of garlic bread and maybe some corn. It's not horrible (like a large meat lovers pizza) but it gives you the feeling of caving in and indulging.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Crap, I wish. All my life I could eat as much as I want without gaining much or gaining fat, to speak of. You know my belly will get roundish. I hold some fatty tissue around my abs. However I am a hard gainer, even eating every two hours.

But I haven't been able to eat much for months. I gave up on bulking simply cause my appetite was so bad I couldn't even force feed and get it down to the pint of spitting it out. Just went around and around in my mouth. Just an awful thing, fvck!

If I don't eat 3000 plus a day I lose weight. LOSE weight and at my age.
    When people come back to me and say , Oh hey force it down, wash it down you just have to swallow it and force it....BULLS!T. Sometimes, many times it aint going down, for me.

So I would just say to you guys , Hey just eat some and stop. Get up and leave the food once you have eaten enough to get by. Ha! Just bone up, what kind of a stupid problem do you think you have. Really get a grip and just control it. NO problem?

WEll I won't say those things to you guys because f it is a problem to overcome than you gotta work hard at it. Good luck to you as I hope you understand the flip side.
    Thanks for reading. I just had to post this, ...what I go thru on the flip ...crazy mike

Necromanncer is offline Junior Member
    For me...

The more effort I put into cardio and dieting, the more I don't want that effort wasted.

For example, I string 4 good days together, and eat shit on the 5th, I'll get disappointed in myself.

Now my attitude is I'm on the diet hard again for 5 or 6 days, the oops again... I'll get mad at my self And make sure my cardio and diet are spot on, the next week... And so on.

The changes in Physique help keep me motivated. If your lean its easier to stay motivated cause the results show faster.
    If your really high body fat it takes longer to see changes which cause you to lose motivation.
    Trust that the changes will come.
    Stare at your self naked and if your not happy, burn it in your brain, "I can fcuking change! I can make it better". Fcuking will yourself, mind control yourself into being a stronger better version of yourself.

Mind control yourself into having more mental strength. Just say it and it will be so.

We become what we think about most of the time.
    Brett N likes this.

Joseph956 is offline Associate Member
    Awesome advice and motivation guys!

I got invited to start doing crossfit.. and they will help me with a meal plan and I think since I don't have a trainer the group will help to keep me motivated.

It's all a mental game!

Thread Information