corkshow is offline New Member

Question Input on diet for athlete needed, help is greatly appreciated

Hello, I have decided to stay natural as long as possible after seeing what proper training can do for me and I would love to see what a proper nutrition plan can to do to me! I eat like crap right now, I'll either have 4 packs of instant oatmeal with 2 scoops of mutant mass or I'll have 4 slices of whole grain toast with the mutant mass when I wake up. I don't usually eat lunch... I'll snack on chips and other processed foods that are readily available and require no prepping in order to eat. For dinner I eat what my mom makes, usually veggies, meat, potatoes, and milk.... before bed I have 2 scoops mutant mass and 3 packs of instant oatmeal. I'm currently using the Bull Strength Football Prep training program, w w w.synergy-athletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Bull_Strength_Football_Program.pdf I noticed results for the first three weeks of the program due to me eating a lot of calories but all of a sudden I just lacked energy and motivation to even get out of bed and eat properly. I feel that if I was on a proper diet I would be more than willing to put in the work to prep my food knowing that it will give me the results I need. I want to be up to 205 - 210 by next August while staying relatively low in the body fat department. I play linebacker and I want to play at the university I'm going to but I'm only 185 lbs right now... so if anyone can help me out that would be super! I'll post my stats as well as some lifting stats to let you know where I'm at. I have also attached some photos of myself relaxed so you may guess where I'm at for body fat as I do not know, sorry. *I would appreciate not receiving any flak on my lifting stats in correlation to the position I play in football. I know they aren't the best, I'm trying my hardest to work on it. You should know this is Canadian football and we aren't Division 1A freaks of nature.*

Age - 19
    Height - 6 feet 1 inch
    Weight -185 pounds *Goal is 210*
    1RM Bench - 245 lbs
    1RM Squat - 250 lbs
    1RM Clean - 225 lbs
    1RM Snatch - 205 lbs
    1RM Deadlift - 425 lbs
    1RM Overhead Press - 170lbs

If someone could point me in the right direction for a diet without much variety that is quite basic that would be great. I think 6 dollars a day is my budget. Maybe more, I'd have to take more shifts at work but I'm willing to do that if it will get me closer to where I want to be. Thanks for taking the time to read all that, I know it's a lot to ask but I don't know where else to turn. Thanks again!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1232481_10202005507925513_1298170987_n.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	143727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1305357_10202005507965514_392410302_n.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	143728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1209005_10202005507885512_2051906653_n.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	143726

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    200g Protein
    400g Carbs
    70g fat

Eat those macros for 2 weeks.... Weigh yourself daily..... Track the macros using an online tool like myfitnesspal.... Follow a basic progressive training program....

Report back in 2 weeks with your weights and actual macros....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Thanks, I downloaded the app! Very helpful, I love how I can scan the barcode or just search up what I ate What do you think of the training program I'm on now though?

Heck this is going great! Weighed myself this morning on an empty stomach and I'm up to 188, mind you I had eaten up to 5k calories on some of the days :P

Thread Information