uoflcards is offline Junior Member

Bulking while on cycle

I am 6'2" and about 218 right now and will be going on cycle. My maintenance calories daily are usually in the 3,000 range. I plan on bulking on cycle with about 3,500 calories. Is this good for my height, weight, etc?

Thx in advance.

aussie made is offline Associate Member
    I think your going to want way more food. I'm only 187 and am having 4000 on my test e cycle. So over a 1000 cal surplus.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    500 above maintence is a good start for a few weeks can adjust accordingly, if you go too high straight away and gain some extra fat fast it may be too hard to manage

Quote Originally Posted by bdos View Post
    500 above maintence is a good start for a few weeks can adjust accordingly, if you go too high straight away and gain some extra fat fast it may be too hard to manage
    That's my plan. This is my first cycle so I don't want to go too high in my calories right off the bat and gain too much bf then I will have to manage that. Want to lean bulk. Start slow and raise if necessary.

So, is 3,250 calories good to start out with on test e only cycle at my height/weight?

Quote Originally Posted by uoflcards View Post
    So, is 3,250 calories good to start out with on test e only cycle at my height/weight?
    go 3,500 first couple of weeks your going to get a placebo effect and really push harder in the gym. 500mg test a week is good for anyone starting out regardles of height or weight aslong as bf% and diet is in check

i assume your only using test for your first cycle and have your ai and pct in order?

Quote Originally Posted by bdos View Post
    i assume your only using test for your first cycle and have your ai and pct in order?
    Yes. Cycle has been well planned and approved by folks on this site. Test e only.

Tnatious is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro look in the nutrition section for help on calculating your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) but here it is:

Data you will need
    Your height in cm , your weight in kg , your age in years. Weigh yourself right before calculating - do not guesstimate!
    For those in the US the conversions are as follows: 1 inch = 2.54 cm / 2.2 lbs = 1 kg

Step 1
    Calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate):

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age in years)

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 x weight in kg) + (1.8 x height in cm) - (4.7 x age in years)

Remember 1 inch = 2.54cm and 2.2 lbs = 1 kg.

Step 2
    Calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This will tell you the average number of calories you burn based on your BMR and your daily activity level.

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise and a desk or still standing job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise or sports one to three times per week)
    Moderately active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise or sports three to five times per week)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise or sports six to seven times per week)
    Extremely active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise or sports and a physical job, or twice a day training for an athletic event such as for a marathon or intense competition)

Thread Information