arnold84 is offline New Member

carb depletion diet plan

Coming to the end of my cut currently around 6% bf maybe a tad less. Decided to go the full hog and do a carb deplete and carb up for a photoshoot and also practice for a show next year. Plan is to deplete mon/Tues/wed and then carb up Thursday/fri with a mild junk load Friday night. Water/sodium manipulation is all in hand so is my carb up. Just need abit of input on my deplete which I begin tomorrow. Plan is to go as low with carbs as possible with maybe only an apple before my carb depletion training. Currently macros while dieting are 300g protein /200g carbs/ 30g fats. Plan is to bump up fats to help keep me full as I have a physical job.

In my ****nal of foods I have steak/eggs/ lamb mince/ cheese/ chicken/ natural peanut butter/ lots of broccoli/ low salt bacon / sausages/ whey protein/ tuna

was thinking of doing something like this-

Meal 1 - two bits of bacon 1 sausages 3 eggs made into an omelette

Meal 2 grilled steak 150g lots of brocoli

meal 3 chicken breast 150g teaspoon peanut butter brocolli

meal 3 grilled steak 150g with slice of cheese broccoli

Meal 4 pre carb depletion workout -apple

meal 5 after workout 30g whey

Meal 6 lamb mince burgers broccoli

meal 7 milk protein with teaspoon peanut butter

thoughts?

EverettCD is offline Member
    I'm not a diet expert so I can't help you, sorry. I wanted to know what or how much "two bits" of bacon is?

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    I'm not a diet expert so I can't help you, sorry. I wanted to know what or how much "two bits" of bacon is?
    2 rashers / slices

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    from the looks of ur pics i think u have ur diet well in hand! without seeing macros and cals the diet looks like a keto style based on food choices. i think the biggest thing will be ur carb load and how well u nail it. hope to see some pics of ur shoot when u get done..

as far as depletion workouts do u intend to try to fully deplete muscle glycogen and if so im assuming ur gonna do total body workout? are u gonna do 2? ive done a CKD geared around depletion/supercompensation every week, i did it for about 10 weeks so i am well versed in what is required to deplete muscle glycogen.. it can be very brutal!

good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    from the looks of ur pics i think u have ur diet well in hand! without seeing macros and cals the diet looks like a keto style based on food choices. i think the biggest thing will be ur carb load and how well u nail it. hope to see some pics of ur shoot when u get done..

as far as depletion workouts do u intend to try to fully deplete muscle glycogen and if so im assuming ur gonna do total body workout? are u gonna do 2? ive done a CKD geared around depletion/supercompensation every week, i did it for about 10 weeks so i am well versed in what is required to deplete muscle glycogen.. it can be very brutal!

good luck man
    Hi man cheers will defo get some pics up! I plan to do two depletion workouts one tomorrow and one the next day! Plan to do full body workouts . How do you your structure your depletion workouts ie exercises / sets / reps / rest etc

Arnold

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i follow LYLE MacDonald UD2.0 depletion training:

10-12 sets per major muscle group (total over 2 days) 45-60seconds "under tension" (which is like 15-20reps depending on ur tempo) at 60% 1 rep max

example:
    flat bench
    rows
    lateral raises
    curls
    tricep pushdowns
    leg press
    leg curl
    leg extensions
    standing calves

on day one ill do 5-6 sets per major muscle group (chest, back, legs, shoulders) and 3sets for arms and calves.. then day 2 i will repeat and swap flat bench for incline and rows for chins or lat pulldowns.

usually i will super set opposite parts to get done faster such as bench and rows with no rest other than the time it takes to move from the bench to the row machine. also i only rest no more than 60 secs between sets. usually i will also group chest, shoulders, back, biceps together and hit 3 total sets for them and then do 3 total sets for legs and tris.. then ill go back to chest etc.. for another 2-3 sets and then finish on legs.. this way to break it up a bit..

this has proven to be very effective for me and it is by far the most grueling workout ive ever done in my life! i also dont eat any carbs prior as my diet that i run does not allow for them.

hope this helps!
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 09-08-2013 at 05:39 PM.

EverettCD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arnold84 View Post
    2 rashers / slices
    Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with the photo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i follow LYLE MacDonald UD2.0 depletion training:

10-12 sets per major muscle group (total over 2 days) 45-60seconds "under tension" (which is like 15-20reps depending on ur tempo) at 60% 1 rep max

example:
    flat bench
    rows
    lateral raises
    curls
    tricep pushdowns
    leg press
    leg curlt
    leg extensions
    standing calves

on day one ill do 5-6 sets per major muscle group (chest, back, legs, shoulders) and 3sets for arms and calves.. then day 2 i will repeat and swap flat bench for incline and rows for chins or lat pulldowns.

usually i will super set opposite parts to get done faster such as bench and rows with no rest other than the time it takes to move from the bench to the row machine. also i only rest no more than 60 secs between sets. usually i will also group chest, shoulders, back, biceps together and hit 3 total sets for them and then do 3 total sets for legs and tris.. then ill go back to chest etc.. for another 2-3 sets and then finish on legs.. this way to break it up a bit..

this has proven to be very effective for me and it is by far the most grueling workout ive ever done in my life! i also dont eat any carbs prior as my diet that i run does not allow for them.

hope this helps!
    Thanks for that dude really helpful ill use that workout :-)

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Meal 1 - Unknown amount of carbs
    Meal 2 - 10g of carbs
    Meal 3 - 13.5g carbs
    Meal 4 - 10g carbs
    Meal 5 - 14g carbs
    Meal 6 - 0g carbs
    Meal 7 - 10g carbs
    Meal 8 - 3.5g carbs

Total 61g of carbs

I would move to to around 25g to hit Keto hard but that is what works for me personally.

Thanks
    ~T

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Meal 1 - Unknown amount of carbs
    Meal 2 - 10g of carbs
    Meal 3 - 13.5g carbs
    Meal 4 - 10g carbs
    Meal 5 - 14g carbs
    Meal 6 - 0g carbs
    Meal 7 - 10g carbs
    Meal 8 - 3.5g carbs

Total 61g of carbs

I would move to to around 25g to hit Keto hard but that is what works for me personally.

Thanks
    ~T
    Hey man how did you work that out? Wouldn't have thought it would have been that high in carbs? I know I need to try to keep it below 50g pd really , do you think I should ditch the apple? Or do you think the depletion training will take me below where I need to be to fully deplete?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnold84 View Post
    Hey man how did you work that out? Wouldn't have thought it would have been that high in carbs? I know I need to try to keep it below 50g pd really , do you think I should ditch the apple? Or do you think the depletion training will take me below where I need to be to fully deplete?
    Just used Calories in Food | Nutrition, Carbohydrate and Calorie Counter to add all your food together but could not figure out the carbs in your first meal as I have no idea what Sasuage is ;-)

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Thread Information