MK1
    MK1 is offline Junior Member

Need help! But committed to change

Need help setting up a program tired of being a regular outta shape American! I'm a x marine for gods sake
    Stats are
    33yo
    72"
    205#

Recent marriage and child has allowed me to fatten up considerably

Like I said this is my cry for help what ya got.

MK1
    Thanks

MK1
    Ok
    So I will ask this differently!
    I am doing this setup now. 10 min cardio on a runner or a 3mi jog. Then chest-back/ legs-shoulders / arms. With abs included in each days workout. I am eating normal for me
    Breakfast is raisin bran and yogurt with a whole bunch of black coffee
    Lunch is usually peanut butter and jelly on a nice whole grain bread
    Dinners are all over the place but remain a protein, light carbs and a green veggie probably a brew or so more often than not.

Thanks

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

So the diet needs some work. Why you ask? Because not you or us really have any idea what you are really eating. Take a look at the stickies and get your values calculated. The idea that something goes into your body that you kind of knows the value of needs to go yesterday! You can start getting rid of all beer.

Thanks
    ~T

MK1
    Ah I see.
    Thanks first of all. I'm not sure how to plan out the diet even with the stickies info. I absolutely have zero experience in that. My previous history training was in the MC and they did the meal plans. I am taking in the AM Vit c and zinc then 20g protein prior to working out at about an hour and C4 at 20min out workouts are followed by creatine 8g and more protein then zma prior to bed

MK1
    Thanks for the help!
    I'm working out really hard for me and am swollen and assed out all day long after only 2 hours of working out LOL outta shape for sure I'm walking around work like c3pO ha . I'm not sure what else to run

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Can you tell us your bodyfat %?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1840582071.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	144242

Your goals?

How many days a week you lift and how much cardio you do?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MK1
    By the photos you provided(thanks) I'm built like 25% but feel like 30%
    I work out 5-6 days a week on a revolving schedule with a least 10min of cardio every day and run 3mi once a week. I'd like to be at the 20%-15% picture at least by summer

Quote Originally Posted by MK1
    By the photos you provided(thanks) I'm built like 25% but feel like 30% I work out 5-6 days a week on a revolving schedule with a least 10min of cardio every day and run 3mi once a week. I'd like to be at the 20%-15% picture at least by summer
    Well, first off, up your cardio. 10 minutes is fairly pointless. After lifting do 30 minutes. How long does a weights session last? I'd suggest you start hitting the following macro's.

Protein 220g
    Carbs 250g
    Fat 50g

You can always adjust depending on results. All food should be measured before cooking.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post

Well, first off, up your cardio. 10 minutes is fairly pointless. After lifting do 30 minutes. How long does a weights session last? I'd suggest you start hitting the following macro's.

Protein 220g
    Carbs 250g
    Fat 50g

You can always adjust depending on results. All food should be measured before cooking.
    The sessions are really as long as i can make them. but more often than not 1 hour. i only have 2 hours total because I can only drop my daughter for 2 at the kiddie gym. Also I'm doing chest/back-or legs/arms I don't really have a good layout or plan of attack for isolating the muscle groups. Are the numbers daily intake? Or per meal.

Daily intake mate. It's about 2300cals give or take.

No need to lift more than an hour at a time, I do less, that should give you time for the cardio too. What days do you lift, we will work a split out for you?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MK1
    When I was in the USMC I lifted all but Monday because Mondays suck! Lol now I'm lifting Monday -Friday. I'm so outta shape I am still walking around like C3PO and I can't seem to stretch it out ha I feel like such a Barney but I have to start somewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2381852987.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	493.0 KB 
ID:	144265

Thanks

How long have you been lifting if you are super sore, not long?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MK1
    How long have you been lifting if you are super sore, not long?
    Off and on since I played football in HS and the whole time in the Marines. But after we had my daughter I haven't even ran in the past 3 years. About a month ago I got serious and did mostly conditioning running sit-up pull ups push-ups and simple things like curls squats at home. Two weeks ago we joined a gym again. So yes not long but determined as hell

Ok, well, in addition to the dietary plan above how does the following sound?

Monday -legs
    Tuesday - shoulders and triceps
    Wednesday -calves and cardio
    Thursday - back and biceps
    Friday - chest

Add cardio post lifting where you have time. However much time you have. It all helps. If you do have extra time on the weekend then do some more cardio. How about you write up a program and we can take a look.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Good deal you are beginning to work out and to get fit. You mentioned 10 min Cardio. My experience when I wanted to lean was 30min on the bike and this was after my workout everyday except on leg day. I worked on my diet for the intent of leaning out.

So more cardio and focus on mind and muscle connection as you workout to get the most of your workout. Good luck ...crazy mike

MK1
    I'm on it guys ok ill lay out the new deal to make the suggestions work

MK1
    Ok, well, in addition to the dietary plan above how does the following sound? Monday -legs Tuesday - shoulders and triceps Wednesday -calves and cardio Thursday - back and biceps Friday - chest Add cardio post lifting where you have time. However much time you have. It all helps. If you do have extra time on the weekend then do some more cardio. How about you write up a program and we can take a look.

By the way thanks! I like your layout I'll switch up to see how that works for me. Legs on Monday would be killer because Mondays suck for me. And the week sort of builds to Friday and chest that will keep my a$$ in the gym and I won't duck the gym to do car stuff. And I am seemingly inundated with rifle builds at the moment.

MK1
    Did legs today time worked out well also.
    4sets of 12 started with leg curls for the hams and then seated squat machine then rear kick machine (don't know what else to call it) then did thighs seated raises and Dumbbell squats with 30 min cardio and a 5 min cool down. Creatine immediately after and dinner.

MK1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Good deal you are beginning to work out and to get fit. You mentioned 10 min Cardio. My experience when I wanted to lean was 30min on the bike and this was after my workout everyday except on leg day. I worked on my diet for the intent of leaning out. So more cardio and focus on mind and muscle connection as you workout to get the most of your workout. Good luck ...crazy mike
    Mike
    Mondays leg workout killed. It was a good start for me.
    Tuesday triceps and shoulders really sucked! I really wasn't feeling it. Mostly because I just ran out of exercises to do. I totally exhausted the muscles but an hour after the gym I felt nothing.
    Wednesday calves and cardio calves were gone and I could hardly walk down the stairs.
    Today (Thursday ) biceps and back again sucked ! Can any one prescribe a arm work out that I will see results from? I'd like to leave the gym like I did something

Thanks

Find 'Marcus Diary', it's posted in every day on here.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MK1

Thanks I'll look into it!

MK1
    Is it possible to train the HiT method with machines? As I do not have a spotter?

Quote Originally Posted by MK1
    Is it possible to train the HiT method with machines? As I do not have a spotter?
    It is, but you can use free weights to with the same drop set or rest pause principle.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information