adrenaline99 is offline Associate Member

help with intake

Hey guys im a 5'10 185 22 yr old male cutting down to 160. I followed the cutting 101 sticky to determine my macros as follows: 2200 cals 220 protein 50 fat 220 carbs. I'm and "endomorph" or whatever that means so I have a slow metabolism so maybe that means I have to lower carbs more. Anyways, I would like my fat much higher and carbs lower as I get better satiety from fats. Why does that sticky suggest an absurdly low fat intake and would it hurt to raise it to say 70-80 and decrease carbs? Thanks!

Bump

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Bodyfat %?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

19% estimate

Well your TDEE, without exercise, is around 2200cals I expect. How much are you doing in terms of lifting and cardio?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline99 View Post
    Hey guys im a 5'10 185 22 yr old male cutting down to 160. I followed the cutting 101 sticky to determine my macros as follows: 2200 cals 220 protein 50 fat 220 carbs. I'm and "endomorph" or whatever that means so I have a slow metabolism so maybe that means I have to lower carbs more. Anyways, I would like my fat much higher and carbs lower as I get better satiety from fats. Why does that sticky suggest an absurdly low fat intake and would it hurt to raise it to say 70-80 and decrease carbs? Thanks!
    Carbs are a better source of fuel for intense exercise but it's completely possible to raise fats and decrease carbs, just keep it isocaloric or keep the calories the same. You could even decide to do a keto diet with high fats and no/trace carbs.

Back in black- I do a 4 day split and 2 days of liss cardio and one rest day.

I don't think the sticky gives an absurdly low fat figure. Even at 3500 cals my fats don't go above 80g and are usually closer to 60g. At that figure I am taking in 450g of carbs though. That's how I work best, low fat with higher carbs. You will only know if you are different if you try different things. Whatever additional fats you add then take those calories away from your carbs. As doc says that might be a huge reduction in carbs and increase in fats.

Can you do any post lifting cardio?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I don't think the sticky gives an absurdly low fat figure. Even at 3500 cals my fats don't go above 80g and are usually closer to 60g. At that figure I am taking in 450g of carbs though. That's how I work best, low fat with higher carbs. You will only know if you are different if you try different things. Whatever additional fats you add then take those calories away from your carbs. As doc says that might be a huge reduction in carbs and increase in fats.

Can you do any post lifting cardio?
    i do like 15 minutes of cardio after lifting..my question boils down to: is there any disadvantages in fat loss when using higher fats and lower carbs? i feel better doing that but everyone seems to advocate low fats, is that because of energy from carbs or because fats are stored easier?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline99
    i do like 15 minutes of cardio after lifting..my question boils down to: is there any disadvantages in fat loss when using higher fats and lower carbs? i feel better doing that but everyone seems to advocate low fats, is that because of energy from carbs or because fats are stored easier?
    Well, there Are more advantages to doubling your post lifting cardio tbh.

Your actual question is extremely difficult to answer any more than I have. It really is a case of experimenting to see what works best for you. Carbs are the one macro that the human body can live without though. Why don't you try with the split you stated in the OP, or keep your protein the same and equally split the remaining calories between fats and carbs. You can also investigate the cyclical ketogenic diet. (PM me your email address I can send you some reading on this style of dieting).
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information