Thread: Cant gain

Bowhunter44 is offline New Member

Cant gain

I have came to a stop on my weight gain. I'm eating 3000 to 3500 cal a day. I was gaining around 3 lbs a week but the last 3 weeks nothing. I weigh 173 about 15% bf.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    This may sound a little simple but......eat more.

3lbs a week is too Mach btw, you can't gain that amount without 2.9lbs of it being fat/water.

List what you are yesterday including calories and macro's.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

drake4243 is offline Member
    Eat more it is very simple answer. However you can’t eat more 1 day less the next more the next ect… eat more and keep eating more. Also if you want to gain 3 lbs a week you won’t be 15% for long, that is way too much. I try to gain about 2 to 3 lbs a month. About 20 a year. and I am 5’8 230 at 11%bf so that has worked well for me for the last few years. Anyways keep eating good luck

Bowhunter44 is offline New Member
    Thanks I will try to eat more when I started I was at 12% and I know I was puttin on water and fat but I haven't changed my diet and the weight stopped. I guess I need to be patient.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You get to a point where you have reached your genetic potential. If you gain weight and keep your bf the the same your gaining muscle only which is kinda the point of all this ? and then while cycling you reach another plateau and then it seems like your just maintaining, and REAL gains can come as slow as 5-10lbs a year. This is the situation I'm in, but Im happy with all my results and dont want to gain anymore weight(muscle or not) What r your true goals and what are you willing to do to achieve them? pros from what I hear can spend between 50-100grand a year on gear hgh, and food and as soon as they stop maintaining they have severe losses because face it, they have artificial gains.

drake4243 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter44 View Post
    Thanks I will try to eat more when I started I was at 12% and I know I was puttin on water and fat but I haven't changed my diet and the weight stopped. I guess I need to be patient.
    You said it I rarely read a response that well said. Nice work, keep it up and just stay patient it will come lifting is the ultimate marathon. It is in no way a sprint. Keep working hard good luck gains will come.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Remember that to continue getting bigger you have to continually eat more than you did the day before. For every pound gained you have to keep in mind that your daily needs have changed permanently if you want the new mass to be permanent. If you eat like you weigh 220, you'll eventually grow into that amount of food. Conversely if you keep eating like a 175lb man that's how much you'll weigh. Its the same principle we use in the gym. A tiny increase each workout eventually over time adds up to big strength increases.

Thread Information