Cone is offline Junior Member

Bulking questions

Hi all got some questions about bulking, Ill list my stats before I start
    18yo
    6ft 5"
    225lbs
    Bf don't know can upload a pic if anyone could estimate for me. I would estimate about 16%

I've been training for 3 years but seriously for about 1 and 1/2 years. I started at 15 6ft 4" weighing in at 190lbs I've messed about with pH stupidly when I was younger but have realised my mistakes and understand they aren't for people my age and so underprepared.

I find it really easy to put weight on because I LOVE food

Train 5 days a week splits of
    Mon - chest/tris
    Wednesday - back/bies
    Friday - legs
    Saturday - shoulders
    Sunday- back/bies again because I feel like my back is lagging can change depending on where I feel lagging.

Meausrements;
    45" chest
    16" tensed arm
    32"waist
    29" thigh

My daily diet;
    7:00 - 4egg omlet 150g oats
    9:00 - tin of tuna and 2 medium bananas
    12:00 - 400g minced chicken 550g white rice
    2:30 - whey protien about 50g protien
    6:00 - family tea (we are quite healthy family and meals such as - tuna pasta bake, chicken fajita, ect)
    9:30 - casein protien

My question is how long can a bulk last, I've been on bulk now for about 2 month, and would like to carry it out until next summer which would be 8 month all together. Would that be too long? I have one cheat meal every 2 week with my girl field is that too much?

Many thanks look forward to hearing from you all.

I've tried to upload a picture hopefully it worked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bulking questions-image-982327670.jpg  

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your bulk can last as long as want/as long as you are happy. With every bulk comes bodyfat so I guess it's up to you how much you are happy gaining. You can go with a super lean bulk if you don't mind what seems slow progress, eat 200-300 cals above maintenance. Don't forget your maintenance changes as you gain LBM so you need to constantly recalculate.

Cheat meals? Whatever you are comfortable with in terms of results.

What are the macro's of your current diet?

Do you do any cardio?

What style of lifting do you do?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    Your bulk can last as long as want/as long as you are happy. With every bulk comes bodyfat so I guess it's up to you how much you are happy gaining. You can go with a super lean bulk if you don't mind what seems slow progress, eat 200-300 cals above maintenance. Don't forget your maintenance changes as you gain LBM so you need to constantly recalculate. Cheat meals? Whatever you are comfortable with in terms of results. What are the macro's of your current diet? Do you do any cardio? What style of lifting do you do?
    I'm not really botherd about higher bf over winter, as I'm young doesn't take long to cut weight off, and I for cardio I never do any at the gym on bulk but I wake up on a morning do 20min jog before eating every day, and my I've never worked it out but it's about 250-300 protien 400-500carbs and 100-200fat only cardo I do apart from that is 1hpur of 5a side football leauge on a Sunday.
    A example of my gym session would be

40kg warm up 2 sets flat bench press 15-20reps
    60kg set 15reps
    80kg set 10-12 reps
    90kg 8-12repa
    110kg sets my max reps like 1-5reps
    90kg set
    80kg set
    60kg set

Incline same weights slightly lower

Flat flies
    30-40lbs each hand trying for strict form
    5aets

Lower cable crossovers 25lbs each hand 3 set
    Upper cable crossover 50lbs each hand 3 sets

Close grip bench
    20kg warm up 20reps
    40kg 15-20reps 2 sets
    60kg 8-12 reps 2 sets
    45kg 8-15reps 2 sets

Tricep pull downs
    25kg warmup
    30kg 15-20repa
    35kg 10-15reps
    40kg 8-12 reps 2sets
    Drop set back down failure every time.

That's a example of chest day all other days are same type of workout.

Also could I have estimate of bf from that picture?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Is that 23 working sets for chest?

That's a big potential difference in fats. Personally I'd be inclined to cap that at 100g and make up for it in carbs but if it's working for you then go with it. I am much much older than you though

Bodyfat, you may be about right at about 16%, I'd want to see your back and legs for a more definitive guess. FYI, that's about the max I like to get to on a bulk. Trust me, you'll be less happy at >20% than you think you will be.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    Is that 23 working sets for chest? That's a big potential difference in fats. Personally I'd be inclined to cap that at 100g and make up for it in carbs but if it's working for you then go with it. I am much much older than you though Bodyfat, you may be about right at about 16%, I'd want to see your back and legs for a more definitive guess. FYI, that's about the max I like to get to on a bulk. Trust me, you'll be less happy at >20% than you think you will be.
    Yeah it's 24seta of chest should I drop some of them sets off? Here are a picture of my back and legs, I feel they both lag a bit I have strong legs but no detention I can squat 280lbs 2 reps full depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bulking questions-image-678040791.jpg   Bulking questions-image-683187300.jpg  

Thread Information