jurewix is offline Junior Member

Talking help me with my diet please?

Ok to start off i am 5'10'' , 205 lbs , 12% BF.
    I recently came off my low carb diet and had a good body fat that i was happy with , 9 %, but it seems that i have been gaining more fat, i want to try and keep all my muscle maybe gain some , with out gaining any fat.
    ive read before that you should not eat carbs after 7 pm, and you should try and not mix fats with carbs, wel here is my meal plan....

7:30 am- 40g protien shake with 1 tablespoon oh flax, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup O.J. ? there you go with the carbs and fat , what should i do there?

10:30 am - 6oz of turkey with 1 slice swizz cheese on 2 slices of whole wheat, 1 apple

1:30 pm- 5-8 egg beaters, 3 rice cakes, 1 table spoon of sugar free jelly, 1 cup O.J; should i add in a protein shake with flax or no?

3 pm -4:30 pm workout
    4:30 pm 50g protein shake

5:30 pm a big steak, i dont know the exact weight but i will find out , 1 cup of brown rice, green veggies

7 pm 1 can tuna with flax? im not really sure what to put here so help me here..

9 pm 50 grams protein shake, 4 tablespoons of Natural Peanut butter, mixed together.

well let me know what u think , 7 meals is enough right? well just please help me out thanks.

bump , come on please help me, i think i am doing it right , but i feel like i am gaining fat , please help

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok to start off i am 5'10'' , 205 lbs , 12% BF.
    I recently came off my low carb diet and had a good body fat that i was happy with , 9 %, but it seems that i have been gaining more fat, i want to try and keep all my muscle maybe gain some , with out gaining any fat.
    ive read before that you should not eat carbs after 7 pm, and you should try and not mix fats with carbs, wel here is my meal plan....

7:30 am- 40g protien shake with 1 tablespoon oh flax, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup O.J. ? there you go with the carbs and fat , what should i do there?
    YOU WANT TO AVOID SUGAR SO DROP THE OJ. CONSIDER THE EGGBEATERS IN REPLACE OF THE PROTEIN SHAKE.

10:30 am - 6oz of turkey with 1 slice swizz cheese on 2 slices of whole wheat, 1 apple
    AVOID MIXING FAT AND CARBS IN THE SAME MEAL. THEREFORE DROP THE SLICE OF CHEESE. ALSO CONSIDER MUTLI GRAIN BREAD INSTEAD OF WW (ALOT LOWER ON THE GI).

1:30 pm- 5-8 egg beaters, 3 rice cakes, 1 table spoon of sugar free jelly, 1 cup O.J; should i add in a protein shake with flax or no?
    AGAIN DROP THE OJ. CHICKEN AND FLAX WOULD BE MORE IDEAL IN THIS MEAL. CONSIDER REPLACING THE RICE CAKES WITH A SOME LOW GI CARBS (OATS, YAMS, VEGGIES)

4:30 pm 50g protein shake
    HAVE AT LEAST 60% OF YOUR DAILY CARB INTAKE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING YOUR WORKOUT. DEXTROSE WORKS BEST!

5:30 pm a big steak, i dont know the exact weight but i will find out , 1 cup of brown rice, green veggies
    AVOID FAT INTAKE FOLLOWING YOUR WORKOUT SINCE YOUR INSULIN LEVELS ARE HIGHLY SENSITIVE AT THIS TIME. SO REPLACE TEH STEAK WITH SOME A GOOD PROTEIN SOURCE (TUNA, SALMON, CHICKEN,ETC)

7 pm 1 can tuna with flax? im not really sure what to put here so help me here..

9 pm 50 grams of a protein shake, 4 tablespoons of Natural Peanut butter, mixed together.

well let me know what u think , 7 meals is enough right? well just please help me out thanks.

eating small meals frequently throughout will help elauvate your metabolism while ensuring you get enough protein. You also need to figure out the # of maintance calories you can allot yourself to determine the amounts of your servings. I'm sure Pain, Big T, and abstrack can assist you further from here.
    Good luck,
    ~US~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    7:30 am- 5-8 egg beaters or go with egg whites and some regular eggs for your fats preferably organic fed chicken eggs which will be high in Omega-3 and 6

10:30 am - 6oz of turkey on 2 slices of whole wheat with some regular mayo,

1:30 pm- 40g protien shake with 1 tablespoon of flax, 5-10gm of L-glutamine- No carbs here bro because your work out is to close to this time. If your in dire need to eat carbs then add the 1 cup of oats to your 7:30 meal

4:30 pm 50g protein shake ( get some dextrose and add it to this one ) take another 5-10gm of L-glutamine, maybe some taurine or creatine but your choice.

5:30 pm a big steak, i dont know the exact weight but i will find out , 1 cup of brown rice, green veggies.
    --No steak and rice together!! If your did choose a steak and cooked it in a non-fat cooking spray than make sure the steak is at least 98% lean like in Buffalo meat. then eat with a yam or pot. stay away from salmon and if you choose fish eat the tuna here.

Tuna and flax?? ugh!!! maybe just th tuna and some mustard but I would stray away from fats and carbs in the pm. what are you going to burn at this time of night??? You motabalsim is dropped, you have already refuled your muscles again so why add more ???

9 pm 50 grams protein shake, ( mix some whey, casiene or some kind of slow diesting protein source)

even some cottage cheese would be better for you but I would stay to a low carb protein shake with a whey/casiene or whey isolate/caseine etc.... just mix up your protein sources and make sure one of them is slow digesting for the night time sleep
    abstrack@protonmail.com

also I just copy and pasted your diet and made the changes, I dont know how you came up with the macros or timing etc... So good luck bro!!:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    First off, when you came off of your low carb diet you should have slowly increased your carbs until yo noticed SOME fat gains and then backed off of them just a bit, to where you maintained your (at the time) current body fat. Now that that is shot to hell lets see what we can do here. Looking at your goals and current stats here goes....

7:30am
    8 egg whites/2 yolks scrammbled
    1/2 cup oats

10:30am
    turkey mixed with a green salad
    1/2 cup rice
    2/3 cup green veggie (optional)

1:30pm
    chicken breast
    1 to 1 1/2 cup green beans
    spoonfull of natty peanutbutter

4:30pm
    postworkout shake
    40g protein
    60-70g dextrose

5:30pm
    2 chicken breast
    1 cup white rice

7pm
    1 can tuna
    1/4 - 1/2 cup rice

9pm
    Here's a good place for that steak or perphaps an egg white omellette(spelling) with a spoonfull of picante sauce.

Don't worry about the carbs in your 5:30pm and 7pm meals, these are your 2 postworkout meals and you need them here.

ok thanks for your help, im gona try and follow your advise as much as i can ,
    abstrack- for my 730 meal, i have alot of the egg beaters , so should can i use 8 egg beaters 1 tablespoon of flax , with oats, ? or is that not good ?

Originally posted by jurewix
    ok thanks for your help, im gona try and follow your advise as much as i can ,
    abstrack- for my 730 meal, i have alot of the egg beaters , so should can i use 8 egg beaters 1 tablespoon of flax , with oats, ? or is that not good ?
    To be honest with you, i think with the dextrose in PWO1 and if you have a hearty complex carb in PWO2 then no more carbs are needed for the night. This is just my opinion. You motabalism is really slowing down at this time and from the cup of brown rice (NO WHITE RICE!)-- but if you want to eat bleeched and processed food then go for it but IMO stick to the slow cook brown rice. Once you fill up those glocogen stores than where is the carbs you eating in the 7:30 and 9pm meal going to go??? I hope your seeing that at this time it will be turned to fat. IMO i would stay away from the fats and carbs in those late meals. Like i said once you have filled the gas tank to full where are you going to put more gas???? If you want to slow down the protein absorption rate then go get some casiene <<SPELLING??<< or the cottage cheese woudl eb a nice addition to a slow release rate of aminos through out the night. You can play around & see though?? If you want carbs in those late meals past PWO1&2 than try it out and see if your holding the fat or no??

Oh!! The egg beaters would be fine, flax added?? ummm?? i wouldnt but I am sure it wouldnt hurt to much. maybe in Meal 9pm but then again play with it for a couple of weeks and see how things follow.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ok so here is my new meal plan , now correct me if i am wrong..

730 am - 8 egg beaters , 1 cup oats,

1030 am- 6 oz turkey, 2 slices whole wheat, 1 tomato, drop the apple?

1 30 pm 40 grams protien shake with eather flax or natural peanut butter

430 pm 50 grams protein 5 grams glutamine

530 pm- 50 grams of grilled chicken, or pork chops?( all my meats are cooked on the forman grill) 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegies.\ 60 grams of carbs in the rice and 12 grams of carbs in the veggies.

7 1 can tuna with mustard.

9 pm 40 grams protein , should i drop the natural P.B , or can i keep it,

i just wana say thanks again , and i want to make sure i have everything correct, i want to bulk , but i wana try in do it in a way where i wont gain any fat.

and also my job hours are switching , so i will post a new meal plan with the hours that i get to eat, so if u can help me out on that that would be nise, but that isnt for a few weeks.

Originally posted by jurewix
    ok so here is my new meal plan , now correct me if i am wrong..
    FOLLOW THE CAPS BRO,
    730 am - 8 egg beaters , 1 cup oats,
    LOOKS GOOD
    1030 am- 6 oz turkey, 2 slices whole wheat, 1 tomato, drop the apple?

1 30 pm 40 grams protien shake with eather flax or natural peanut butter
    I WOULD SWITCH THE 10:30 MEAL AND PUT IT AT 1:30 AND TAKE THE 1:30 MEAL AND PUT IT AT 10:30
    430 pm 50 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> 5 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>
    LOOKS GOOD
    530 pm- 50 grams of grilled chicken, or pork chops?( all my meats are cooked on the forman grill) 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegies.\ 60 grams of carbs in the rice and 12 grams of carbs in the veggies.

MAKE SURE THE PORL IS A REAL LEAN CUT WITH LITTLE TO NO FAT COMPARABLE TO THE CHICKEN. AND UP THE COMPLEX CARBS HERE SINCE THIS IS YOUR FIRST SOLID PWO MEAL, DONT WORRKY ABOUT THE VEGGIS CAUSE THEY WONT HURT YOU, NO NEED TO COUNT THEM, AT LEAST THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD.
    7 1 can tuna with mustard.

9 pm 40 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> , should i drop the natural P.B , or can i keep it, THIS IS UP TO YOU, I WOULD GET SOME CASEIN INSTEAD AND MIX IT WITH WHEY OR I THINK THEY HAVE THIS BOVINE SERUM WHICH IS SUPPOSE TO BE VERY GOOD AND COSTLY.

i just wana say thanks again , and i want to make sure i have everything correct, i want to bulk , but i wana try in do it in a way where i wont gain any fat.

and also my job hours are switching , so i will post a new meal plan with the hours that i get to eat, so if u can help me out on that that would be nise, but that isnt for a few weeks.
    OK HERE Is something on bovine serum
    The first new protein source to hit the market since whey protein 10 years ago, Bovine Serum will help you absorb amino acids more efficiently and increases the body's nitrogen balance. This is turn will help users gain lean muscle mass. The main ingredient in Bovine Serum is immunoglobuling G. Below is a list of benefits proven with research with the use of Bovine Serum
    1)Bioactive Hormones, growth factors and cytokines promote cell growth
    2)Activation of immune system thereby preventing protein and energy loss.
    3)Promotes intestinal function
    4)Enhances nutrient utilization
    5)Increases retained nitrogen, promotes weight gain
    6)Increased retained fat/energy.
    7)Reduced protein and amino acid catabolism, improves protein retention
    8)Increases fat-free body mass.The Main difference between the Bovine IgG and the Bovine Serum is the IgG content. One is getting more IgG for every gram of protein powder consumed.
    and caseine

also something on caseine
    The most commonly found protein in weight gain powders and meal replacement powders manufactured by supplement companies, but the least mentioned. Caseinate provides a good ratio of tyrosine and tryptophan amino's which increase brain neurotransmitters, which in turn can give one a boost.

Due to its delayed digestive properties, caseinate has a prolonged effect on the level of amino acids in the body. Unlike whey (which give a quick boost in amino's) caseinate provides a steady "flow" hours after supplementation. Thus, this leads to an anti-catabolic effect. Caseinate is a great protein to supplement with right before bed or if one knows they will not be eating a high protein meal during the day. Recommend dosage for this effect is at least 40grams of caseinate in a serving.
    Yielding a high percentage of protein. Caseinate can be used to reach daily protein requirements.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack- hah sorry but one more question , or actually 2. and then i am done i think
    1) where can i get dextrose
    2) i have cottage cheese , and u said not to eat carbs past PWO 1 and 2. and the cottage cheese has carbs in it ,? also i cant really eat it straight so i need to add something , would adding 1 table spoon of sodium free jelly be ok?

the little bit of carbs in the cottage cheese will be fine. as compared to what you wanted to do before. Supplementdirect.com or any brewers store will carry dextrose. I got mine from supplementdirect.

I dont see whay the jelly would be bad?? I might even try it also since i hate cottage cheese plain also:

If you want?? check out MikeXXL lean mass diet on this board. I like the lay out and you might want too try it out or make adjustments to it based on your own stats?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Sorry about the dam typos,I am being lazy tonight and I didnt feel like going back and correcting them
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information