DL_grrrl is offline Female Member

Smile My planned carb cycle

Hi all

While I am waiting to get access to the lady only forums I thought I'd ask for some advice

I have got to the point where just being in a deficit is no working to help me get rid of my body fat.

I have been lifting 4 times a week with most of the focus on the compound moves and then super setting isolation exercises. My only cardio has been LISS for 45 minutes circuits on the treadmill twice a week.

I have made some good gains in my upper body but while my lower body has made some changes it not as noticeable.

For example - On my stomach I have 2 lines going down over my hips that are noticeable but my tummy is just flat with no definition.

So I am
    5'5
    56.3kgs

Waist 25.5"
    Hips 35"
    re-measured today

I look at the body fat pictures and I actually think I am between 22-25% and not the 18% the machine puts me at.

I am going to run this 'diet' for 6 weeks to see if it helps with the body fat

Mod - Sun/Mon/Tues
    Low - Wed/Thur/Fri
    High - Sat

Training
    Tues/Thurs
    Sat/Sun

Cal - 1544

Low-Carb Day
    15% of kcals from Carbs – 57g
    45% of kcals from Protein – 173g
    40% of kcals from fats – 68g

Mod-Carb Day
    30% of kcals from Carbs 115g
    45% of kcals from Protein 173g
    25% of kcals from fats 42g

High-Carb Day (Re-feed)
    45% of kcals from Carbs 173g
    40% of kcals from Protein 154g
    15% of kcals from fats 25g

My work has me sitting at a desk Monday to Friday 9-5

So anything I am missing or might need tweaking?

I am thinking next year to do a cycle of VAR but right now want to try and get a many gains via training and diet.

Thanks in advance
    DL_grrrl

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by DL_grrrl View Post
    Hi all

While I am waiting to get access to the lady only forums I thought I'd ask for some advice

I have got to the point where just being in a deficit is no working to help me get rid of my body fat.

I have been lifting 4 times a week with most of the focus on the compound moves and then super setting isolation exercises. My only cardio has been LISS for 45 minutes circuits on the treadmill twice a week.
    Why only twice a week? Not judging you, just curious.

I have made some good gains in my upper body but while my lower body has made some changes it not as noticeable.
    Don't mistake this for lack of progress. Gains and/or fat loss aren't typically distributed evenly. i.e. I have personally been below 10% bodyfat and *still* had lower belly fat. Others have the same problem in their hips/arse area. It's primarily genetic; we all store our fat differently and will respond to dieting (and training) differently.

For example - On my stomach I have 2 lines going down over my hips that are noticeable but my tummy is just flat with no definition.
    This is likely just lack of abdominal development. I've seen guys who are leaner than me but still have no ab definition. They're there, but they don't 'pop' and therefore aren't very noticeable. Do you train abs?

So I am
    5'5
    56.3kgs

Waist 25.5"
    Hips 35"
    re-measured today

I look at the body fat pictures and I actually think I am between 22-25% and not the 18% the machine puts me at.

I am going to run this 'diet' for 6 weeks to see if it helps with the body fat

Mod - Sun/Mon/Tues
    Low - Wed/Thur/Fri
    High - Sat

Training
    Tues/Thurs
    Sat/Sun

Cal - 1544

Low-Carb Day
    15% of kcals from Carbs – 57g
    45% of kcals from Protein – 173g
    40% of kcals from fats – 68g

Mod-Carb Day
    30% of kcals from Carbs 115g
    45% of kcals from Protein 173g
    25% of kcals from fats 42g

High-Carb Day (Re-feed)
    45% of kcals from Carbs 173g
    40% of kcals from Protein 154g
    15% of kcals from fats 25g

My work has me sitting at a desk Monday to Friday 9-5

So anything I am missing or might need tweaking?
    IMO, your low isn't low enough, and your high isn't high enough. I'd bring your low days as close to zero carbs as possible, i.e. a quasi-keto diet. This will also help make the refeed (high day) that much more effective. I'd bump that day to 200g, at least.

Further, I'd lower fats as well on your 'low' days. It's carb cycling, not macro cycling. IMO, no need to adjust the other macros. Have you read my carb cycling sticky?

I am thinking next year to do a cycle of VAR but right now want to try and get a many gains via training and diet.

Thanks in advance
    DL_grrrl
    Gains, or fat loss? You have 2 opposing goals which are *extremely* difficult to achieve (with appreciable results) simultaneously. Personally, I'd opt to make one goal a priority over the other and stick with that until you're satisifed, then switch gears.

Thread Information