PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member

What should I do ?

Heya so I have some related to nutrtion.

I have been training in gym prior but made mistakes as a beginner I jumped straight into a 4-day bodypart split routine. I did too many exercises for each bodypart and too many sets.

What I should have been doing is a weightlifting routine/strength routine like a full body workout 3 times a week to build a base.

I know basics of dieting macros, TDEE is and I think that I'm able to set macros for myself.

I have been reading for a year on different forums and I have now moved to reading books(Just completed reading one of Chris Acetos book). I read a lot daily as far as nutrition and training goes.

I noticed that I'm able to gain weight fast but loosing bodyfat is harder for me.

I live in Finland and food is quite expensive for example 12-15 € for chicken breast 1 kg, turkey 12 € 1 kg , eggs 15 pack is 3 € , beef 25 € for 1 kg. I'm planning on buying some whey for 20 €.

Protein sources are the expensive part in a diet. I will be able to use 100 € a month for food sources.

On what protein source I should focuse since my budjet is very limited?

I'm 184 cm tall and I weigh 74-76 kg and my bodyfat is 18-20 %.

Should I start a full body routine 3 times a week and build a base or do the same routine and cut?

I have been training alone since most of guys have training partners.

How to ask somebody to be your training partner?

I want to train with someone who is more experienced than me and a person who can help with fixing my form errors.

Thanks for reading!

Ed

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    I would look more into the diet aspect. it seems your more into what goes on in the gym.

Cut the bf down a tad, then work on a developing a solid base.

a partner is not needed

id google some beginner routines or base routines. maybe even a strong lifts routine to get your LBM up after you cut off some of that fat

Ok how much should I cut my bodyfat then?

I'm now about 19-20 %?

Should I use full body workout 3 times a week to cut that bodyfat or some other workout?

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Like Larger said,

Stop focusing on the workout and re-focus on the diet. There are millions of workout programs online and most of them, with consistency, will work, there is not workout that will cut fat more or less.

Diet, diet, and diet!!!

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    The problem with BB and society and what not is everyone bases and associates muscles with protein, this is a big problem, protein is protein

Now fats and carbs can be a huge problem and is the culprate for most people problems. Finding the right sources at the right times in the right macro is what you need

you may know tdee and macros, that is good. Post up a diet after reviewing some of the stickies for diets.

Carbs and fats are an essential part of progression

After you post one we can review it.

Are you on AAS or plan on using it? ( i would suggest not and hope you arent atm)

I am not sure what your goals are 18-20 is quite tough to much muscle definition despite your size.
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 10-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.

I'm not on AS and wont be atleast I'm 25. I know what to eat as far as morning, pre and post workout. I want to know based on food prices I stated below will I be able to construct a proper diet? Lets be honest meats and fish is the most expensive part in diet.

Also I want to know that can I run a cutting diet while following strength type of routine 3 day full body workout?
    Last edited by PurpleOnes; 10-24-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information