hugo94 is offline New Member

I work for Hollister - can you guys help me with a cutting diet to get to 5-6% bf ?

Hey whats up,

I work at hollister and i want to get into casting with them so i need the body and most importantly the abs !

i will post a pic of my body and a pic of my goals bf%

2.) first off i need some estimates of my bf % and my goals bf %

3.) im 6ft 2 , 196lbs, my bf % ? ... how many lbs of fat do i need to loose to get to my goal ?

here is my goals bf %

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I work for Hollister - can you guys help me with a cutting diet to get to 5-6% bf ?-img_2614.jpg  

Little_John is offline Junior Member
    Figure out your TDEE, bf% and set yourself a target date. If you want to look like homeboy you need to diet and hit the gym. Lots of info here I'm new but a vet will be by shortly

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Before you lose fat to get to your goal you need to build muscle. If you cut now there is no way you have enough muscle mass to look like homeboy. Please don't take offense to this it's just being realistic here. Calculate your TDEE and eat in a 10-20% calorie surplus with a decent macro profile. Once you've built up some lbm and muscle you can cut by eating in a deficit to showcase the gains you've made. Good luck

I would love to clean bulk like you guys said BUT i have to have abs to be part of there "look"
    but once i have got to 5-6% i will go on a lean bulk and get some good solid lean mass on me keeping below 10%.

so tdee how do i work this out whats the most accurate formula to use ? im 196lbs

i have a long way to go to get the right amount of muscle mass on my frame but i woudnt class myself as skinny my biceps are fairly decent 16" pumped and tensed. im also 6ft 2

HOw active are you in daily life?

Theres a few different formulas you could use.
    one is Katch-McArdle to get BMR then multiply by an activity factor to get TDEE. Or another option is to multiply LBM by 15 and that's maintenance (405 and Austinite are proponents of this method while I tend to favor Katch-McArdle). Both are fine to use and are only guesses. You'll need to tweak it a bit to be perfect.

fairly active gym 5 days a week for hour - half and half, work on my feet all day 5 days a week for 8 hours so i would say yeah very active ?

I'd classify more as moderately active if you did construction or something like that along with your gym going you'd be in the very active category

Def need to get diet right and try to bulk before you cut

How old are you?

im 19 years old dude, so if im moderatly active do i times it by 1.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by hugo94 View Post
    im 19 years old dude, so if im moderatly active do i times it by 1.5 ?
    Start off around 2600-2700 calories. That will put you In a ~15% deficit which is not too aggressive and should help preserve your muscle mass. Get about 180-220g in protein, 80-100g in fats, and the rest in cRbs. Eat lots of veggies to keep you full and for fiber and micronutrients.

If you lose weight after 1-2wks stick with that until stagnation then drop calories by 200-500 to keep progress going. If no weight change drop calories 2-300 and monitor.

sweet thanks man ! 2600 calories to start with ...

protein 250g =1000 cals
    carbs = 254g = 1015 calories
    fat 65g = 585 cals

when fat loss starts to stall i will slowly lower the carbs.

sweet thanks man ! 2600 calories to start with ...

protein 250g =1000 cals
    carbs = 254g = 1015 calories
    fat 65g = 585 cals

when fat loss starts to stall i will slowly lower the carbs.
    Lower the carbs, do cardio, carb cycle, calorie cycle, etc. Do what you can stay consistent with. Good luck

my main motivation is my job and its my job to make myself look as good as possible.
    carb cycle is a great idea i will lower carbs on rest days (sat +sun)

okay this is great guys ! next question....

1.) any estimates on my body fat % and how many lbs of fat i need to loose to get to an ifbb contest shape 5-6% bf range. im 196lbs.

my main motivation is my job and its my job to make myself look as good as possible.
    carb cycle is a great idea i will lower carbs on rest days (sat +sun)

okay this is great guys ! next question....

1.) any estimates on my body fat % and how many lbs of fat i need to loose to get to an ifbb contest shape 5-6% bf range. im 196lbs.
    That 5-6% won't be maintainable just so you're aware. I would guess your mid to low teens in BF% so you have around 168lbs of lbm and to get to 6% assuming you maintain all lbm you'll need to go down to around 180lbs. This is all assumption as my BF% estimates aren't the greatest. I used 14% if you want to follow in my calculations.

ok so here is the math !

14% bf at 196lbs = 27.44lbs fat

14% to 5%bf = 17.66lbs fat to loose.

This means my goal weight would be between 179lbs

SO i will set myself 20 weeks to cut aiming for 1lb fat loss per week.

question .. is this possible in 20 weeks to get to 5% bf without fatloss tabs ?

ok so here is the math !

14% bf at 196lbs = 27.44lbs fat

14% to 5%bf = 17.66lbs fat to loose.

This means my goal weight would be between 179lbs

SO i will set myself 20 weeks to cut aiming for 1lb fat loss per week.

question .. is this possible in 20 weeks to get to 5% bf without fatloss tabs ?
    It's possible...just how possible is up to you! Comsistency is the limiting factor. You'll need to recalculate your needs as you lose weight so the 2600cals is not static. It will drop after several weeks. Cardio can help create the deficit so you can eat more food but burn more cals to compensate. Eat lots of whole foods and veggies since they will help keep you full when you might otherwise be starving.

sweet thanks for the help ! ill be back in 20 weeks with results at 5% body fat

stats in 20 weeks
    6ft 2
    177lbs
    5% body fat

then it time to enter the dark side and i will start to plan test and tren at 5% body fat along with a strict lean bulk will be perfect hopefully maintaing my bf or not letting it go any higher than 8-9%. 12 week cycle to add that lean mass and staying shredded !

I would hold off on the cycle until you're 24-25 brother. No need to rush, it could have serious health implications, and the gear will do nothing a good bulk won't do for you . Stay safe. Keep us posted with your results

wizarddeath is offline Junior Member
    You don't need to get to 5% bf to be a model for anyone.

I would say most AF models are around 7-10(maybe even 11%) ..... If you have predominant abs, it is really all you need to model. They will put you in some long sleeved button up and do it.

I noticed a GREAT improvement in my abs by strength training them on a bulk. Doing heavy weights, and my abs are visible at 13% now. Doing some heavy exercises while bulking helps. Just remember your abs are muscles too, they get a lot of density from carbs.

Thread Information