Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By Docd187123
  • 1 Post By gbrice75
  • 1 Post By Docd187123

Thread: Egg whites

Joseph956 is offline Associate Member

Egg whites

I think I know the answer to this but I'm making sure to check with the pro's..

We all know it's tedious to have to crack eggs every morning and separate the yolk from the whites.. So what I wanted to do was get a container and separate 2 dozen eggs or so into it and have it ready so I can just scoop out what I need for the morning and go.

Would it be safe to do that? Also would it be okay to mix in some diced green pepper and onions and throw it in there or should I keep that in a separate bag? Somewhat unrelated question: I saw Ronnie Coleman using that powdered cheese for his eggs.. I was gonna look for some of that but how good/bad for you is almond cheese?

Gonna try and make a run for it fellas so I'm doing all my research now

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why don't you buy cartons of pasteurised egg whites? Raw eggs are only about 50% bio available so it's not worth it. Unless you mean you are gonna cook them? If you do inend to have them raw then there is still a risk, no matter how small, of salmonella.

Powdered cheese, sounds wrong but it's not something I have personally come across. Cheese really doesn't play much of a part in my diet though.
    Joseph956 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    I'm with BiB here, if you really want the whites buy them pasteurized. I always do whole eggs anyway but that's me.

I have not eaten ch**se in 21yrs so I can't help you there lol. Good luck
    Joseph956 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    x3, agree with BIB and doc. Cracking eggs is a pain in the ass, not to mention the waste of the yolk. Buying cartoned egg whites is efficient and while a tad expensive, the way to go IMO. Remember that they're pasteurized, not raw - meaning that not only has harmful bacteria (such as salmonella) been killed, but so has the avidin that binds up some of the protein, making raw eggs less bioavailable than cooked (or pasteurized).
    Joseph956 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    x3, agree with BIB and doc. Cracking eggs is a pain in the ass, not to mention the waste of the yolk. Buying cartoned egg whites is efficient and while a tad expensive, the way to go IMO. Remember that they're pasteurized, not raw - meaning that not only has harmful bacteria (such as salmonella) been killed, but so has the avidin that binds up some of the protein, making raw eggs less bioavailable than cooked (or pasteurized).
    Is that what it's called in English? I've been curious about that for years lmao, too lazy to look it up I guess

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Is that what it's called in English? I've been curious about that for years lmao, too lazy to look it up I guess
    lol, yup!

Avidin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Time to learn something new, thanks!
    gbrice75 likes this.

Joseph956 is offline Associate Member
    Hmm thanks fellas, hadn't thought of that..

No ideas on the cheese?

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    I just bought 4 gallons of this for fun. (Just thought id switch things up for a bit)

Muscle Egg Liquid Egg Whites Protein - Egg Whites

drink them straight from the carton. good for a month in the fridge and a year in the freezer.. taste is to die for, prolly not as good for me as reg egg whites but i have to live a little here and there..
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 10-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.

bruary17 is offline Member
    I saw RC using that cheese to and went out and bought the same kind, Molly mcbutter I believe it's called, It's awful IMO. It doesn't even taste like cheese. and it has gluten in it and I'm allergic so it's a no go for me. I just franks red hot and a little grated cheese on my egg whites, munch better.

Thread Information