ViKtoricus is offline Junior Member

How do I design a diet plan for myself?

Hello everyone and thanks for clicking my thread.

Right now, I am really fat. I weigh 240 pounds and I'm only 5'6. My goal is to reach 15% bodyfat.

How do I make a diet plan based on such a goal. I understand you guys probably get bombarded with threads of people who practically wanna get spoonfed with a diet plan, but I actually would much like it if you teach me how to make my own diet plan. Like, what rules should I follow?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Do you know your current bodyfat?

How do I design a diet plan for myself?-image-3175040301.jpg

Also, how many times a week do you lift and how much cardio do you do?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Find an online BMR calculator or use the Katch-McArdle Formula for BMR if you have an accurate estimate of BF%. Once you have your BMR you'll need to multiply it by an activity factor based off how active you are throughout the day. 1.2-1.4 if you have a desk job and are generally sedentary, 1.4-1.6 if you're moderately active, lift a few times per week and have a job where you're on your feet a lot, and 1.6+ if you're an athlete or have a very physical job, train twice a day multiple days per week, etc.

This will give you TDEE, a guess actually, but a rough starting point. TDEE is the amount of calories you burn in your everyday activities/life. Normally a 10-20% calorie deficit is sufficient for fat loss without excessive risk of lbm loss but a slightly larger deficit could be used initially by extremely,overweight individuals. Depending on what your BF% is I would look to start at or slightly above a 25% calorie deficit.

Get around 1g/lb. BW in protein as a rough minimum
    .3-.4g/lb BW of dietary fat
    And the remaining calories can be carbs, more fat, more protein, or any combination of those macros.

Remember protein and carbs have 4cal/g, dietary fat has 9cal/g, alcohol is 7cal/g, and fiber is 1.5-2.0cal/g. Add up your macros and make sure they total up your calorie needs for the deficit you chose.

Your food selection should be based on mainly whole-and-minimally processed foods, you should include plenty of vegetables for micronutrient sufficiency and fiber, you should vary your sources to get a wide array of aminos, minerals, vitamins, etc.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This thread might be useful: http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...rter-diet.html

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Combat Vet 11B is offline Junior Member
    Eatthismuch is an awesome place I recently found thanks to tarmyg. Recommended.

ViKtoricus is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys.

And as far as bodyfat percentage, I'm probably at 30+.

Thread Information