Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    shreddzman is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Red face Diet Critique Please before going to do and starting AAS

    My goal is to get shredded
    Dont forget to add all of your stats:
    Age 24
    Hieght 5'9
    Weight 235
    Bodyfat 30%
    Training Experience. 1yr traning
    goal is 175-180 10-12% bf
    my calories is 1500 at 2100 bmr looking to cut in 4-5 months
    running ec stack x3 times a day 4 hours apart each

    mornings 250 cals
    6 eggs total 4 whites 2 whole i take all my 15 pills after breakfast pills multis green tea l carnitine cla 1250 ec stack

    lunch around 500-600 calc
    chicken salad
    or chicken Parmesan
    or orange chicken
    buffalo chicken wings

    snack post workout shake 240 cals
    2 scoops whey
    creatine
    bcaas

    dinner 600 cals
    8-10 oz chicken
    maybe add bread for lil carbs or even rice

    calories around 1500 and 150-160g protein


    running P/P/L Routine cardio 5-6x a week tredmil 45 min speedwalk at 3.3-3.6 mph

    "Id say you are a fair way off being ready to cycle but you have taken the first steps so take your time and you will see the results you are looking for. Its not a race, its a lifestyle."

    how soon would i get shredded 4-5 months? appreciate feedback
    Last edited by shreddzman; 11-29-2013 at 01:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Mr. Small's Avatar
    Mr. Small is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    650
    No need for gear to diet down. Bit too young and inexperienced anyway, and your diet needs a lot work.

    I count 3 food meals daily. You need to research some more on the nutrition

  3. #3
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    You don't eat enough. 1500cals daily?

    How many times a week do you lift and how many times do you lift?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  4. #4
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    its perfectly fine to have huge calorie restrictive diets of 1000+ a day and do whole bunch of cardio when you are very overweight/obese to begin with because you body can handle it because you have so much fat to begin with and it will take few months for your metabolism to adapt anyway.

    Once you get down to 15% body fat then big calorie deficit are a mistake and you will screw yourself as well as the fact that your metabolism has adapted at that point.
    At 1500cals or any length of time he is likely causing metabolic damage which is difficult to recover from. 30% bodyfat or not. Why do you think people who go on fad diets regain more than they lost when they go back to eating normally?

    He is likely running a HUGE deficit, closer to 1500 with all that cardio.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  6. #6
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,470
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    its perfectly fine to have huge calorie restrictive diets of 1000+ a day and do whole bunch of cardio when you are very overweight/obese to begin with because you body can handle it because you have so much fat to begin with and it will take few months for your metabolism to adapt anyway.
    No!

    Thanks
    ~T


    "I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

  7. #7
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,663
    I would not recommend a restrictive diet for excessive period of time from my own personal experience.

    All it does is force u to make deeper cuts later while not achieving results. I was down to 900 cal a day, an hour if cardio and still not losing. Not to be graphic here but I was barely having a significant bowel movement. So unhealthy.

    There is no reason for a man your size to be on the same caloric intake as a gal my size at 140 lbs.

  8. #8
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  9. #9
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  10. #10
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  11. #11
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    Anything over 15% BF and metabolic damage is just nonsense and really probably applies more when we get into the sub 12 range if I am honest!
    Can you supply us one study or shred of evidence of your honesty?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  12. #12
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    Why do you feel I am being dishonest? I am simply expressing my view on the topic of metabolic damage?

    If you disagree that's fine just back up what you saying by scientific evidence or at least some good anecdotal evidence.

    My question to you was, why do guys on the Biggest Loser show run huge caloric deficits (which is a statement of fact and not opinion) and not have issues doing so?
    You are asking for studies to prove what we say so I am asking you to provide it to prove what you say.

    Can you at least post what proof you have about the biggest loser contestants not having adaptive thermogenesis?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  14. #14
    DPTUK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    361
    ....
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  15. #15
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    And you are twisting it back because you can't back up your statements.

    Can I provide a study based on obese people suffering this? No, because most studies are done with a variety of bodyfat ranges both lean and obese. Will a skinny girl be just at badly affected? Maybe, maybe not. Truth is, there are studies out there stating that only 12 weeks will be enough to cause adaptive thermogenesis (a better term than metabolic damage which sounds too drastic IMO).

    I don't disagree that the loss of 1lb a week is enough and you can quite easily lose several lbs a week at the start of a diet. But when you start moving into months of the diet then no, I wouldn't want to losing 8lbs a week particularly. Let's not forget these Biggest Loser contestants are probably 60-70% bodyfat some of them. ,aye well over 100lns more than the worst case scenario we usually see on these boards. Truth is yes, for the most part they lose a lot of weight weekly. But can you say they haven't suffered damage and can eat as much as someone who hasn't been on a prolonged huge deficit, as say, someone of the same weight who has never dieted? No, you can't.

    There are members here who can vouch for suffering damage after prolonged cutting periods.

    Professional athletes generally don't have to lose masses of weight in a short period of time and don't do drastic deficits. I can think of one that did and he ballooned after every fight. Ricky Fatton?!

    Can I ask you a question? How long did you maintain your 171lbs (prior to your HGH of course) and what were your maintenance calories to maintain it?

    Oh, and there's no picking fights, maybe a heated discussion and disagreement, but no fights
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  16. #16
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,663
    OP. I will share with you that I lost 40 lbs in 4 months running a MODEST deficit. I also was about 28% bf when I started and got down to 18% not too shabby for a natty gal. I ate clean and trained hard, lots of cardio.

    Your food choices aren't awful but could be better. Orange chicken is smothered in carbs. Move away from processed foods. Stick with the basics. Pls look at the cutting 101 sticky at the top of this forum for low glycemic foods and highly nutritious Selections. Losing at a rate of 2 - 3 is a sensible approach and in a few months you will be at your goal

    1500 cal is not a lot is food for a dude your size which is why I do no recommend this huge deficit approach. I was eating 1600 cal and cutting at a consistent rate of 2 - 2.5 pounds a week. And our bf% was very similar. I was morbidly obese too but not anymore.

    Remember to drink water throughout the day. I shoot for one ounce per every pound. Your kidneys will get used to processing that much water in a few weeks....

    Btw. Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off is much harder but doable. It's been over 2 years for me and I am in better shape now then I was after I lost 40 lbs because I put on more muscle. Be consistent and don't give up!

  17. #17
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,663
    http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...-products.html

    Here's an alternative to ec stack!!!

  18. #18
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,470
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    Yes! Show me one study or shred of evidence that large calorie deficits harm otherwise healthy overweight or obese individuals.
    I'll point to this one: Minnesota Starvation Experiment

    http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=...1951-02195-000

    There were extreme reactions to the psychological effects during the experiment including self-mutilation (one subject amputated three fingers of his hand with an axe
    Thanks
    ~T

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •