Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lunk's PSMF run

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    LOTS of water may help
    True and cardio for the kidneys. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

According to the handbook you can eat an unlimited amount of fiber carbs (veggies) but some forum threads suggest keeping them under 50G per day.

No..nothing to suppress appetite.
    I applaud u and wife. I will have to download this book. Be interested what are your plans after this for yourself and wife? Maintenance??

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Crash dieting is bad its like doing a cycle with out pct, whats your next move after doing this? binge on your vacation and put the weight back on ??

realize a man of your size that wants to lose as much weight as you do will probably have to go in for a tummy tuck, cause you will end up having a massive pancake looking thing of skin hanging off your belly.

There is alot of health issues at risk
    alot of money to be spend on doing this right
    plus the time off the gym to recover.

You should be planing your next 18 months of a lifetsyle change and not a diet, especially a crash diet.

Everyones saying good luck yet no ones looking out for your health or your wife's. like i said earlier this is like doing a cycle with out PCT, Poorly thought out.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    Crash dieting is bad its like doing a cycle with out pct, whats your next move after doing this? binge on your vacation and put the weight back on ??

realize a man of your size that wants to lose as much weight as you do will probably have to go in for a tummy tuck, cause you will end up having a massive pancake looking thing of skin hanging off your belly.

There is alot of health issues at risk
    alot of money to be spend on doing this right
    plus the time off the gym to recover.

You should be planing your next 18 months of a lifetsyle change and not a diet, especially a crash diet.

Everyones saying good luck yet no ones looking out for your health or your wife's. like i said earlier this is like doing a cycle with out PCT, Poorly thought out.

Dude, I'm far from obese. I don't have a fukn belly hanging over my belt by any stretch. The pic in my AV is me and how I look normally 24/7 365. Maybe my self assessment is wrong and I know the pic is bad but, does that look like a person who will need a fkn tummy tuck? C'mon!

Quite honestly Mock. I don't know what has happened in your life this last year but I have seen nothing but negative opinion and antagonizing behavior out of you lately. That isn't how you used to be!
    --->>405<<--- likes this.

Day 1 in the books

10:00 a.m. 5 egg whites 17.5/.5/.7 80

3:30 p.m. 2 ground beef patties (9 oz.) with no fat mozz cheese and mustard 65/23.5/0 462 cheese 10/0/4 60

7:30 p.m. 3 oz spare ribs 20/20/0 250

10:00 p.m. 2 oz smoked beef brisket 14/12/0 174

126.5/56/4.7 1026 cals

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Day 1 in the books

3:30 p.m. 2 ground beef patties (9 oz.) with no fat mozz cheese and mustard 65/23.5/0 462 cheese 10/0/4 60

126.5/56/4.7 1026 cals
    Congrats man. Even 1 day is a big achievement if you ask me. Keep it up.

Ok...so not exactly where I wanted to land but it could have been worse. I managed to drive by Subway without pulling in. I got a call to work a security gig last minute and they were serving a wonderful spread of ribs, brisket, wings, and numerous carb filled goodies for sides.

I did pretty well I thought all things considered. Definitely need to bring the fat down by about 40 grams. I will be avoiding pork again if I can avoid it and will be replacing my 93% ground with 97% or fish and poultry. I think this will allow me to hit my mark with no problem.

So far I feel fine. I have been up for an hour and really am not all that hungry yet. I was very full on each meal and actually could have eaten less I think. The wife has already bailed on me I figured that would happen. She fights hypoglycemia and without a few carbs and more calories, she get's to run down. She was crashed by noon already lol.

I have upped my fish oil to 6 per day and added a multi back in. My liquid consumption needs to increase more. I always kind of lose that priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Ok...so not exactly where I wanted to land but it could have been worse. I managed to drive by Subway without pulling in. I got a call to work a security gig last minute and they were serving a wonderful spread of ribs, brisket, wings, and numerous carb filled goodies for sides.

I did pretty well I thought all things considered. Definitely need to bring the fat down by about 40 grams. I will be avoiding pork again if I can avoid it and will be replacing my 93% ground with 97% or fish and poultry. I think this will allow me to hit my mark with no problem.

So far I feel fine. I have been up for an hour and really am not all that hungry yet. I was very full on each meal and actually could have eaten less I think. The wife has already bailed on me I figured that would happen. She fights hypoglycemia and without a few carbs and more calories, she get's to run down. She was crashed by noon already lol.

I have upped my fish oil to 6 per day and added a multi back in. My liquid consumption needs to increase more. I always kind of lose that priority.
    Not bad. Not bad at all. Push the water today! I struggle with daily exceptional water intake but does help tremendously!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Dude, I'm far from obese. I don't have a fukn belly hanging over my belt by any stretch. The pic in my AV is me and how I look normally 24/7 365. Maybe my self assessment is wrong and I know the pic is bad but, does that look like a person who will need a fkn tummy tuck? C'mon!

Quite honestly Mock. I don't know what has happened in your life this last year but I have seen nothing but negative opinion and antagonizing behavior out of you lately. That isn't how you used to be!
    ill x 2 this statement here and also say if recent history holds true, he wont be back with a response..

is it funny before reading this i came in here to ask how the starvation diet was going??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ill x 2 this statement here and also say if recent history holds true, he wont be back with a response..

is it funny before reading this i came in here to ask how the starvation diet was going??
    Honestly not bad at all so far. I'm cooking some fish and veggies for meal 2 as we speak. I had breakfast at 9:00 am and I'm not feeling to bad and the hunger isn't overwhelming.

Honestly not bad at all so far. I'm cooking some fish and veggies for meal 2 as we speak. I had breakfast at 9:00 am and I'm not feeling to bad and the hunger isn't overwhelming.
    not sure if u are up to this but what i would do if i were you is make it an IF style. eat one meal of 800 cals for dinner and just fast the rest of the day. chug water by the quart.. its what i did when i was on 1000cals eod earlier this year..

psychologically it was easy to fast all day knowing i got 1000cals dinner at night, which a lot of people do that and arent even trying anyways.. u can get like 1 pound of meat and a cup oats and veggies for 1000cals

not sure if u are up to this but what i would do if i were you is make it an IF style. eat one meal of 800 cals for dinner and just fast the rest of the day. chug water by the quart.. its what i did when i was on 1000cals eod earlier this year..

psychologically it was easy to fast all day knowing i got 1000cals dinner at night, which a lot of people do that and arent even trying anyways.. u can get like 1 pound of meat and a cup oats and veggies for 1000cals

I think I would puke trying to choke down 1000 qualities cals at one sitting. I'm going to try this for a bit and see if progress is made and how psychologically difficult it is. I think at the end og the day it's more important that I stick to something no matter what it is.

I think I would puke trying to choke down 1000 qualities cals at one sitting. I'm going to try this for a bit and see if progress is made and how psychologically difficult it is. I think at the end og the day it's more important that I stick to something no matter what it is.
    definitely.. thats funny though. you couldnt eat as pound of chicken, cup oats, good portion of spinach all in one sitting??

definitely.. thats funny though. you couldnt eat as pound of chicken, cup oats, good portion of spinach all in one sitting??
    I would be stuffed on 6 oz of chicken and some spinach. I know it sounds strange. I just finished 3.5 oz of fish and some broccoli and I am quite full.

I would be stuffed on 6 oz of chicken and some spinach. I know it sounds strange. I just finished 3.5 oz of fish and some broccoli and I am quite full.
    mister u need to change your food sources then. it sounds like quantity is not your down fall. for lunch today i ate a pound of chicken, cup oats, 220z spinach, 2 pieces raisin ezekiel bread.. and i couldve eaten more..

mister u need to change your food sources then. it sounds like quantity is not your down fall. for lunch today i ate a pound of chicken, cup oats, 220z spinach, 2 pieces raisin ezekiel bread.. and i couldve eaten more..
    Oh you are sooo right. I could easily stuff down a foot long sub or better part of a dip dish pizza!

Question for ya. I really like cooked spinach vs leafy spinach. I'm assuming a lot of the nutritional value of spinach is lost when its cooked. Is it even a good veggie choice considering that. What say you guru??

Oh you are sooo right. I could easily stuff down a foot long sub or better part of a dip dish pizza!

Question for ya. I really like cooked spinach vs leafy spinach. I'm assuming a lot of the nutritional value of spinach is lost when its cooked. Is it even a good veggie choice considering that. What say you guru??
    1. so you have the stomach capacity to consume large quantities of food if it tastes to your satisfaction??

2. i buy the baby spinach in the bag intended for salad and put a small bit of coconut oil in a pan and then add the spinach and some sea salt and sautee. once it gets how it shrivels and comes out very very good! i highly recommend it and doubt u lose much nutritional content this way.

1. so you have the stomach capacity to consume large quantities of food if it tastes to your satisfaction??

2. i buy the baby spinach in the bag intended for salad and put a small bit of coconut oil in a pan and then add the spinach and some sea salt and sautee. once it gets how it shrivels and comes out very very good! i highly recommend it and doubt u lose much nutritional content this way.

I do seem to feel fuller, faster on quality food.

Blog Entries

what recent history is that?

its ok you guys can stand united and hold hands. But i wont back down when saying dieting like this is a bad idea and causes more harm then good, why mentally rip yourself apart for something that will just rebound and back to square one. Not to mention putting your partner on this diet shows poor form. IM not being negative im being honest, in the same way you would be with someone who said they want to run a oral only cycle, or cycle at 18 or cycle with out pct. Its one of the same...

At your body fat % what ever it may be , low 20's etc etc eating healthy and in a small deficit and cardio is all you need to melt off the weight until you stall.

but you and 405 make a great point , why waste my time this community only wants to have one "idea" of how EVERYTHING is done and no one can go against the grain here. This is why professionals have round table discussions for different points of view.

Nope your diet is spot on and dialed in. good luck and all the best.

what recent history is that?

its ok you guys can stand united and hold hands. But i wont back down when saying dieting like this is a bad idea and causes more harm then good, why mentally rip yourself apart for something that will just rebound and back to square one. Not to mention putting your partner on this diet shows poor form. IM not being negative im being honest, in the same way you would be with someone who said they want to run a oral only cycle, or cycle at 18 or cycle with out pct. Its one of the same...

At your body fat % what ever it may be , low 20's etc etc eating healthy and in a small deficit and cardio is all you need to melt off the weight until you stall.

but you and 405 make a great point , why waste my time this community only wants to have one "idea" of how EVERYTHING is done and no one can go against the grain here. This is why professionals have round table discussions for different points of view.

Nope your diet is spot on and dialed in. good luck and all the best.
    hey he shows back up imagine that. the real question now is would u have shown back up had i not said anything!!? i guess the world will never know.

first off let me clear something up right off the rip: i dont think a starvation diet is a good thing to do or an ideal thing to do. as a matter of fact i witheld my opinion because i did not want to throw any negativity into the thread.

it is an easy position you take mockery that Lunk's diet is not a great idea. BUT i will say that it can be done short term without being disastrous.

the real problem i have with you is u only show up periodically to interject negativity and condescension, only to disappear into the shadows again. what good does that do?? (implied answer: none)..

as far as me and JOB holding hands is pretty funny.

u also have to consider JOBs timeline is only a few weeks and so hes trying to shed as much blubber as he can.. this isnt a lifestyle diet.

i think its a great idea for you to disappear, BTW, considering the quality (or lack thereof) of ur posts in the last year. there have been numerous occasions in my thread and others in the nutrition section where i have challenged your negative and often, IMO, faulty logic.

this instance is no different. you make assumptions about JOb that may or may not be correct as well as come off presuming to impart dietary knowledge it appears u think JOB does not possess.

a small deficit and cardio to lose weight?? no shit? man what a great post!

EDIT: after further reflection i would like to add: i think you could be an asset and contribute well to the forum if u would just come around more often and be more positive..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 12-14-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    hey he shows back up imagine that. the real question now is would u have shown back up had i not said anything!!? i guess the world will never know.

first off let me clear something up right off the rip: i dont think a starvation diet is a good thing to do or an ideal thing to do. as a matter of fact i witheld my opinion because i did not want to throw any negativity into the thread.

it is an easy position you take mockery that Lunk's diet is not a great idea. BUT i will say that it can be done short term without being disastrous.

the real problem i have with you is u only show up periodically to interject negativity and condescension, only to disappear into the shadows again. what good does that do?? (implied answer: none)..

as far as me and JOB holding hands is pretty funny.

u also have to consider JOBs timeline is only a few weeks and so hes trying to shed as much blubber as he can.. this isnt a lifestyle diet.

i think its a great idea for you to disappear, BTW, considering the quality (or lack thereof) of ur posts in the last year. there have been numerous occasions in my thread and others in the nutrition section where i have challenged your negative and often, IMO, faulty logic.

this instance is no different. you make assumptions about JOb that may or may not be correct as well as come off presuming to impart dietary knowledge it appears u think JOB does not possess.

a small deficit and cardio to lose weight?? no shit? man what a great post!
    Its not about him undertaking a lifestyle change or not. Its the basic principle that he read up on this and thought this is a great idea to lose weight before a vacation.

This style of dieting is not healthy and it actually sets your body back, and even thou i can only assume, i m pretty sure he wont be still dieting on their vacation. The very author of his program preaches over and over how diet leading into a binge is one of the worst things a person can do.

But hey maybe im completely wrong that he will do a starvation diet, eat at maintenance for 2-3 week through their vacation then decide what he will do next when he comes home.

Heck 405 you have a large log on dieting down to a respected bodyfat% and body comp only to go on a cruise or away and gain alot of weight back. Im not criticizing you for this, but are you happy with this style of dieting? are you happy when you look in the mirror after you have gone back up to 18% body fat, again THIS ISNT A PERSONAL ATTACK, i really am curious. Either way maybe you should have said something to him and shared some of your experience with him as it sounds like hes a mate of yours.

I want to be clear. I have no faulty notion that this is a healthy way to diet LONG TERM!

I did not PUT my wife on jack shit. She knows how to lose weight just fine considering she lost 80lbs and has kept it off for years. I simply told her my plan and she expressed interest to try it. She decided it was not for her half way through day 1.

I understand that crash dieting more often than not, results in ppl putting the weight back on. But since the analogy to AAS was used, I will follow suite. Saying you cant keep the weight off after a crash diet is like saying you can't keep the muscle on after a steroid cycle. It comes down to proper maintenance.

I might be overweight in my opinion because I can't see abs but I can still see my cock when I look down. To assume I was so obese that I might need a tummy tuck after the diet...I don't even know what to think about that. I'm looking to lose 20 pounds not 120...Christ !

I will say I appreciate that you feel you are looking out for my health. You have your opinion and obviously think that it's potentially dangerous. Thanks for showing concern.

Blog Entries
    Ive worked along side guys that were not obese, just your frame size that after they started shedding fat they had the skin folds form. Perhaps from the length of the torso or even for one i think he was genetically gimped with loose skin. So its not an obese problem. its a height and frame thing.

one question but
    why did you choose this diet over using stimulants like clen ?

Ive worked along side guys that were not obese, just your frame size that after they started shedding fat they had the skin folds form. Perhaps from the length of the torso or even for one i think he was genetically gimped with loose skin. So its not an obese problem. its a height and frame thing.

one question but
    why did you choose this diet over using stimulants like clen?
    Going off the principle that it takes a 3500 cal deficit to lose 1 pound there is no way Clen can shed weight that quickly. I have used it before and other than getting shaky ass hell, I didn't really notice any actual fat loss.

I'm 245lbs and I would like to be 225ish. I would love to get that accomplished in 6 weeks but I'm not holding my breath. My problem isn't lack of know how..it's lack of discipline. Please don't confuse the 2.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck brother. I will be following your progress
    Lunk1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Good luck brother. I will be following your progress
    Thanks man. Sorry we haven't talked much, especially this time of year. I guess with Rodgers out I haven't been to excited

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Thanks man. Sorry we haven't talked much, especially this time of year. I guess with Rodgers out I haven't been to excited
    All good bro My QB isnt really doing well either. Just the way it goes

bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Day 1 in the books

126.5/56/4.7 1026 cals
    and the torture begins! pulling for you Lunk. and LOL about the subway comment

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hows the energy level Lunk? going to work is ok? i can't imagine going to the gym...

Heck 405 you have a large log on dieting down to a respected bodyfat% and body comp only to go on a cruise or away and gain alot of weight back. Im not criticizing you for this, but are you happy with this style of dieting? are you happy when you look in the mirror after you have gone back up to 18% body fat, again THIS ISNT A PERSONAL ATTACK, i really am curious. Either way maybe you should have said something to him and shared some of your experience with him as it sounds like hes a mate of yours.
    LOL.. define "respected body fat%".. id say thats a fairly subjective term. no problem on the personal attack thing. i dont take offense. id say my frequency of posting, honesty in my posts as well as my transparency makes me an easy target for people like you. keep in mind though everything i do is deliberate, whether it be losing fat or gaining fat..

since my initial cut my weight has fluctuated about 30lbs.. i got as low initially as 183lbs after my first cut. gained weight and cut again to 190 ish.. gained weight again and am currently 215lbs.

lets think about this though: when i first started my cut in 2011 i weighed 213lbs.. i currently weigh 2 pounds more than i did then (215lbs at 5'9") . i am very critical and micromanage every little nuance of my body to myself. most people would probably look at me and not notice what i notice. when i get on here and bitch and moan about feeling fat and being fat, i am really not fat.

i feel good about my progress over the last couple years. i do think i have reached a limit in being able to get much heavier without the majority of it being fat without running a cycle (which i have not done up to this point). taking into consideration i weigh 2 pounds more now than i did when i started and how i look now versus then id say my dietary practices have been a huge success. and im not afraid to expose myself on this forum for criticism..

so, to answer your question: YES i am happy with my style of dieting, when i become unhappy i change it. diet is an evolving process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lunk's PSMF run-original-2.jpg   Lunk's PSMF run-dec14-1.jpg   Lunk's PSMF run-dec14-3.jpg   Lunk's PSMF run-dec14-4.jpg  
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 12-14-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    and the torture begins! pulling for you Lunk. and LOL about the subway comment
    Thanks my man. So far not too much torture. I'm guessing by day 3 it could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    hows the energy level Lunk? going to work is ok? i can't imagine going to the gym...
    So far..feels pretty normal. Was pretty irritated today but I am sure it's related to an incident in the morning not hunger. Yes, this is why the book says light resistance 2 to 3 days a week only. I will be back in again Monday so we will see what a w/o feels like.

Thanks my man. So far not too much torture. I'm guessing by day 3 it could get interesting.

So far..feels pretty normal. Was pretty irritated today but I am sure it's related to an incident in the morning not hunger. Yes, this is why the book says light resistance 2 to 3 days a week only. I will be back in again Monday so we will see what a w/o feels like.
    JOB did u post a diet somewhere? what r u eating?

LOL.. define "respected body fat%".. id say thats a fairly subjective term. no problem on the personal attack thing. i dont take offense. id say my frequency of posting, honesty in my posts as well as my transparency makes me an easy target for people like you. keep in mind though everything i do is deliberate, whether it be losing fat or gaining fat..

since my initial cut my weight has fluctuated about 30lbs.. i got as low initially as 183lbs after my first cut. gained weight and cut again to 190 ish.. gained weight again and am currently 215lbs.

lets think about this though: when i first started my cut in 2011 i weighed 213lbs.. i currently weigh 2 pounds more than i did then (215lbs at 5'9") . i am very critical and micromanage every little nuance of my body to myself. most people would probably look at me and not notice what i notice. when i get on here and bitch and moan about feeling fat and being fat, i am really not fat.

i feel good about my progress over the last couple years. i do think i have reached a limit in being able to get much heavier without the majority of it being fat without running a cycle (which i have not done up to this point). taking into consideration i weigh 2 pounds more now than i did when i started and how i look now versus then id say my dietary practices have been a huge success. and im not afraid to expose myself on this forum for criticism..

so, to answer your question: YES i am happy with my style of dieting, when i become unhappy i change it. diet is an evolving process.

Man, sometimes I wish I could post pics . I had been 280 at one time before getting down to 232 and going from 30+% to maybe 22%. Obviously I do know a tiny bit about how to lose fat as well. Now I have just let myself go to the point of being 245 and morbidly obese

JOB did u post a diet somewhere? what r u eating?
    It's fluctuating. Just concentrating on hitting the macro's and as close to the cals as possible. I don't have the OCD to pre-plan and follow the plan like others.

It's fluctuating. Just concentrating on hitting the macro's and as close to the cals as possible. I don't have the OCD to pre-plan and follow the plan like others.
    well thats where the consistency comes from pal..

well thats where the consistency comes from pal..

I think it's equally effective to learn what mixture of foods can be alternated in at anytime and still hit your mark. Inthis case it's not to difficult considering I'm shooting for 4X200cals per meal consisting of 145-150G of protein and as close to 0 crabs and fat as I can accomplish.

I think it's equally effective to learn what mixture of foods can be alternated in at anytime and still hit your mark. Inthis case it's not to difficult considering I'm shooting for 4X200cals per meal consisting of 145-150G of protein and as close to 0 crabs and fat as I can accomplish.
    best way to learn these interchangeable foods is by eating them daily!

no crabs huh? how bout shrimp and oysters??

best way to learn these interchangeable foods is by eating them daily!

no crabs huh? how bout shrimp and oysters??
    Dammit man. I do love crab and shrimp..no oysters

Just finished my cottage cheese. I may likely come in under 800 today but my daughter just came home from college and is sitting here eating mac and cheese

Blog Entries
    toasted poppy seed bagels with no name light processed cheese slices melted on top. Get one of these into ya on your refeed. so sexy

Blog Entries

I didn't look at it like that, yo yoing is actually a learning curve, fair enough.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information