adrenaline99 is offline Associate Member

What do YOU cut at?

Hey guys I'm trying to get an idea of how people approach their cuts as far as the deficit they use. Me, I am 25 5'10 195 and cut on 2200 calories(usually on a cycle with t3) with minimal cardio. I lose about .5 lbs a week on that.

Feel free to post up your cutting stats/calories it will be interesting to compare.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    dunno. I don't cut that way. Sorry.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    id quit lifting weights if i couldn't cardio any more.

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Deficits and the use of T3 are not a responsible way to do it regardless of your past results, cutting out cardio is an issue on its own altogether. Continue to research responsible dieting through proper nutrition and your body will reward you for it, I promise.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat
    Deficits and the use of T3 are not a responsible way to do it regardless of your past results, cutting out cardio is an issue on its own altogether. Continue to research responsible dieting through proper nutrition and your body will reward you for it, I promise.
    Calorie is a calorie. All about the number of calories, thus a deficient like he mentioned. If you have no health concerns, you can loose weight on a subway diet if that's your cup of tea.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Calorie is a calorie.
    From a Mathematical standpoint yes but saying all Calories are created equal is not correct!

Thanks
    ~T

Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

T is absolutely correct, all calories are not created equal, in fact it doesn't have much at all about a deficit reduction, as much as it does about the quality of the calorie you're eating.

Take brown and white rice for example, both have a very similar GI and both have nearly the same "calorie" value, but they are worlds apart from nutritional value and overall benefit to the body in motion.

And although you use Subway as your example, I have yet to see a body builder or someone with a low fat high muscle ratio as their goal, use Sub sandwiches as there nutritional savior.

All in all, when using food as the only thing next to working out that will benefit your results, you will want to feed your body accordingly, build the muscle-burn the fat. Use whole foods with high protein and natural carbohydrates sources, along with a very much needed intake of EFA's.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Like I said, not taking health into account, a calorie deficient is all that is needed to loose weight, whether it be whole foods, shakes, junk food, etc.

I can eat garbage and loose weight all day long. Would I advise anyone to do this, no! Yes healthy eating is ideal to curb hunger issues and prevent health issues, but that is beyond the point and not what I was originally getting at.

Maybe I worded my original post wrong...

I'm with you now FR, Yes a deficit is all you need to loose weight. That is to say that a calorie deficit from what your metabolic rate requires, you are in that respect, absolutely correct.

Thread Information