Cloudarella is offline Female Member

Thumbs up HCG for Weightloss per Dr. Simeon

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using HCG for weight loss? I did one 21 day protocol a year ago and lost 10 pounds and have kept off the weight. Now I want to do another 21 day protocol, but want to make sure I follow the proper method of injection. Does anyone have experience with IM versus SubQ? Last time I injected in the buttocks, but I have read that arms, thighs and stomach are also options. Also, many HCG sites claim that an insulin needle is sufficient, but Dr. Simeon recommended a 2 inch needle to be injected into the upper outer quadrant of the buttocks. (See paragraph in quotations below)

"We use very fine needles that are two inches long and inject deep intragluteally in the outer upper quadrant of the buttocks. The injection should if possible not be given into the superficial fat layers, which in very obese patients must be compressed so as to enable the needle to reach the muscle. It is also important that the daily injection should be given at intervals as close to 24 hours as possible."

endthefat dot net for the quote or just google Dr. Simeon's 'Pounds and Inches' writing

Any recommendations or previous positive experiences would be greatly appreciated!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    What did ur diet look like? What were ur stats at the time? A lot,of. VAriables go into fat loss and im betting it was more than the hcg that got the fat off..

I was 170.2 pounds when I started and did a 21 day protocol, ending at 158.4 pounds. I have maintained that weight for a year now. I did not measure myself, but went by the fit of my clothes. Most of the weight came off around my belly and lats, so I was able to fit into blouses and pants that I had worn pre-pregnancy, around size 10 currently. My goal is to drop another 15 pounds and from then on I can sculpt with weights and pilates.

I followed Dr. Simeon's 500 calorie diet to a T. Keep in mind that the idea behind HCG is that HCG only puts abnormal fat into circulation and cannot, in the doses used, liberate normal fat deposits; indeed, it seems to prevent their consumption. It is why people who use the injections properly never feel hunger, even on a highly restricted calorie diet.

I pasted in the diet protocol out of 'Pounds and Inches':

"The Diet
    The 500 calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours.
    Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
    100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.
    One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
    One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
    An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit or orange.

Dinner :
    The same four choices as lunch.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
    Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times. In fact, the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.
    The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
    No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may he used without special permission
    Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out. The 100 grams of meat must he scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed. To do this accurately the patient must have a letter-scale, as kitchen scales are not sufficiently accurate and the butcher should certainly not be relied upon. Those not uncommon patients, who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish."

ok so youre a female.. i suppose i shouldve known by ur name. nevertheless u mention 500calorie diet... is that what u ate everyday???500 calories?????????

Yes, sorry, I should have specified. I am a female. And yes, I kept to the very strict 500 calorie meal plan. It is restricted in terms of the types of food as well, and no oils. A bland and boring diet, but coupled with the injections, it had great results. And I wasn't starving by any stretch.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    The HCG diet is about massive caloric restriction. The HCG does nothing to assist in the weight loss it is a gimmick used to sell the diet.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I've heard that too - the HCG I have is left over from my husband's PCT. I got curious about it and started doing some reading, then did the 21 day protocol.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Save the HCG for your husband, or tell him to use it up.
    Like the others said , the HCG diet is bunk and you lost some weight cause of massive calorie restriction. It worked in 21 days, sure, thats not something you could maintain for health/sanity reasons.

I don't know you, but maybe you should consider a long term fat loss goal ? Instead of shooting for these 21 day extremes, just my 2c
    Good luck with whatever you choose

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    The HCG diet claims that it preserves lean body mass while on an extreme calorie deficient diet. The theory (lie) is that it's the hormone in pregnant women that causes fat to be converted more efficiently to provide nutrients to the fetus.

They claim it works the same way during the use of a high protein, 500 cal diet. It "switches" the body over to burn fat instead of muscle to provide needed nutrients.

It's BS! There are plenty of reports that have debunked the lie by showing the large amount of lean muscle lost during the diet. I have seen it first hand. I know a handful of ppl who have done it with great (weight) loss results but it's obvious that they have lost plenty of lean mass as well.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    did you get pregnant on this diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudarella View Post
    Yes, sorry, I should have specified. I am a female. And yes, I kept to the very strict 500 calorie meal plan. It is restricted in terms of the types of food as well, and no oils. A bland and boring diet, but coupled with the injections, it had great results. And I wasn't starving by any stretch.
    As said already (and where i was heading), anyone would lose weight only eating 500cals per day. U would be much better off coming up with a meal plan based on ur stats (age,weight,height,BF%) and goals.

Read this:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

And this:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...%2A%2A%2A.html

A much better direction to head,IMO.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    The HCG diet is about massive caloric restriction. The HCG does nothing to assist in the weight loss it is a gimmick used to sell the diet.
    I've studied the HCG diet quite a bit, and the above is spot on. Save your money and learn how to diet for fat loss safely. Luckily, you're in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    did you get pregnant on this diet?
    No, I went on this diet after I weaned my second child.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    The HCG diet claims that it preserves lean body mass while on an extreme calorie deficient diet. The theory (lie) is that it's the hormone in pregnant women that causes fat to be converted more efficiently to provide nutrients to the fetus.

They claim it works the same way during the use of a high protein, 500 cal diet. It "switches" the body over to burn fat instead of muscle to provide needed nutrients.

It's BS! There are plenty of reports that have debunked the lie by showing the large amount of lean muscle lost during the diet. I have seen it first hand. I know a handful of ppl who have done it with great (weight) loss results but it's obvious that they have lost plenty of lean mass as well.
    I am aware of the controversy surrounding the use of HCG for fat loss, but I have to admit that curiosity is getting the better of me. Since I don't have to spend a dime to give this diet a try, I'm going to give it a 21 day run. I plan to keep a thorough journal for you all to assess at the end of the protocol, including before and after pics, inches lost and pounds lost, my exact meals, mood and hunger fluctuations, and anything else that might be useful to test the theory behind this diet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what else I can add to my observations that would aid in assessing the virility of the HCG protocol. Will keep you all posted!

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I've studied the HCG diet quite a bit, and the above is spot on. Save your money and learn how to diet for fat loss safely. Luckily, you're in the right place.
    Yes 500 cals a day anyone will lose weight on this HCG best used after a cycle

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Naturally, all the drugs or fad diets can't compete with such a massive caloric deficit. All the negative responses debunking this type of HCG therapy are correct. Never put your trust in non tradition methods or assume the lack of responsible dieting as a good alternative to basic foundational body building facts. Simply put, you have to have proper nutrition for whatever your goals are including optimum health.

Thread Information