Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Going to try a cut...

NEFLRick is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Beethoven.

btw, I've lost all but 1lb of the water weight. Amazing how much water you retain when you take in too much salt! Luckily, it all goes away quickly when you stop the extra salt intake.
    Beethoven likes this.

So, still rolling along. 38lbs lost and still working hard. Feeling pretty good and not craving a lot of junk any longer. Also not able to handle as much salt as I cut a lot of that out of my diet. We went to Outback the other night--used to be one of my favorites--and I now realize just how much salt they use to cook there. YIKES!

Looking a lot better now as well. All of my shorts--I live in FL--are all BIG now. Makes me feel good. Also a lot of shirts are fitting a LOT looser.

Don't seem to be losing any strength in the gym either (actually getting stronger still albeit slower). Still got good size as well.

Getting there!

Update:

Just under 2 months in and I'm now down 46lbs and 6" in the waist. Looking a LOT better. Getting some veins coming out that I've not seen in a long time. Still looking big. Feeling great. Still feeling strong. Cardio keeps getting better as I do more and as I lose weight.

3 month update (ok, a few days short of 3 months but...

I'm down 48lbs and 6+" in the waist. The last couple of weeks have been stagnant (well, lost a couple of pounds) because we went out of town the last two weekends. Harder to eat good stuff on the road. I didn't overeat, just wasn't eating the good stuff. And, eating out they use a TON of salt so I've retained some water I'm sure.

Still got another 25ish lbs to go to my goal. I've been taking photos and the transformation is coming along nicely. I plan to post photos once I get to my goal to show my transformation.

Still eating clean--that's about it. Honestly, I don't really crave any bad stuff any longer. We had ice cream over the weekend and I didn't eat all of it and really don't want any more (and I LOVE ice cream!). Feels good to not HAVE to have bad stuff like that. I'm craving the better foods now although I still can't do veggies (ick!). Been getting them through juicing (ick again!) and through green food supplements.

Blood work came back and it's all looking pretty good. So things are working nicely.

Oh, I'm also just as strong (maybe stronger in some areas) in the gym. So, between that and losing the fat around the waist, I'm fairly certain I'm burning fat and gaining muscle. Exactly what I want/need to do.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    excellent progress dude .. happy for you! feels good doesnt it?
    NEFLRick likes this.

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    I really get excited for people who understand that it is ok to have the foods(ice cream) that are not beneficial to us every once in a while, also while sticking with the great foods we know are going to keep us healthy for the long term. Eat what keeps you healthy however indulge every once in a while.

Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by NEFLRick View Post
    3 month update (ok, a few days short of 3 months but...

I'm down 48lbs and 6+" in the waist. The last couple of weeks have been stagnant (well, lost a couple of pounds) because we went out of town the last two weekends. Harder to eat good stuff on the road. I didn't overeat, just wasn't eating the good stuff. And, eating out they use a TON of salt so I've retained some water I'm sure.

Still got another 25ish lbs to go to my goal. I've been taking photos and the transformation is coming along nicely. I plan to post photos once I get to my goal to show my transformation.

Still eating clean--that's about it. Honestly, I don't really crave any bad stuff any longer. We had ice cream over the weekend and I didn't eat all of it and really don't want any more (and I LOVE ice cream!). Feels good to not HAVE to have bad stuff like that. I'm craving the better foods now although I still can't do veggies (ick!). Been getting them through juicing (ick again!) and through green food supplements.

Blood work came back and it's all looking pretty good. So things are working nicely.
    NEFLRick likes this.

It does feel good...EXTREMELY good. Only downside is I've been having to buy new clothes! The downside (beside spending the money) is I'm still trying to lose more BF and will have to buy MORE new clothes in the near future. Problem is, my shorts--yeah, I'm in FL so I wear shorts all of the time--are falling off!

And I agree 38. My goal with all of this was not just to cut BF but--more importantly--reboot how I ate. Doing a diet is great, you lose BF, feel better, etc. However, most diets aren't sustainable in the long-run. You hear about maintenance, etc. But most people will eventually fall off the wagon. I wanted to change what/how I ate to something I can do indefinitely. Seems I've been able to do that. Once I've reached my BF goal, I'll increase what I'm eating slightly to stay where I want to stay adjusting up/down to continue to stay there.

The best part is how great I feel. I don't feel sluggish or bloated or any of the other things I used to feel because of what/how I ate. I'm not eating perfectly--still missing those veggies--but I'm also still working on it. I started by making small changes (rather than a HUGE change) and it's taken over the way I eat now.

Just an update. Now down 62lbs. Shooting for another 31. Going to Vegas for a few days tomorrow so I expect a large water weight gain. But I'll come back and power through that and get back on track.

Yes, I lowered my goal weight, btw. But feeling good about it.

Honestly, I haven't been this thin (ok, I'm not THIN) for many many years--like since I got out of boot camp at 18. Have had to buy new clothes. I was holding out as long as I could but my shorts were falling off me. Feels good but, yes, it's another expense.

I'm getting more and more people noticing the changes in my body. Now, even a small loss is making a big difference in how I look. My buddies I'm meeting in Vegas haven't seen me in quite some time--3 of them haven't seen me in years and the other one saw me in September--they're not going to recognize me. Nice feeling.

Slow and steady wins the race...
    Last edited by NEFLRick; 05-15-2014 at 05:36 AM.
    RaginCajun likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sounds like you have made the lifestyle change! happy for ya! keep it up! and yes, consistency is the key to all of this!
    NEFLRick likes this.

Yes, I definitely made the lifestyle change. That was the overall goal of the original cut. Anyone can go on a crazy diet and lose weight but, when they go back to eating as they normally would, the weight comes back. How I was eating before wasn't unhealthy but wasn't terribly healthy (if that makes sense). I feel I've been able to make that change as I no longer feel like I'm missing out of things. I eat a little more on the weekends and get back after it during the week. But I don't go CRAZY on the weekends. Although I'll be going CRAZY in Vegas.

I feel better and better all of the time and look WAY better. The wife surely likes it without getting into too many details. And I feel like I'll extend my life a little this way. So I'll be around longer to see my children get even older. That makes it all worth it.

Ok, so back from Vegas. Had gained 7ish lbs out there and lost it the day after I got back (thank goodness for water weight!). I've also lost some more since I got back (about a week ago now). So I'm down a total of 64lbs now. Starting to really notice changes in my body (so are others). Seeing more definition and veins are starting to come out. Feeling good!

Been buying shirts and have to now get XL shirts instead of XXL shirts and smaller shorts. I've not had to buy clothes this small in 20+ years! Feels weird but feels good!

Got about 27 more lbs to hit my goal.

An update. Just hit my original goal (240lbs) yesterday. I changed my goal to 220 about a month ago. Does feel good to hit that first goal but now onto the bigger picture.

Have had to buy more clothes along the way--everything I used to wear is huge on me. I actually am wearing a 34 waist on my shorts. Haven't been that size since I got out of boot camp 26 years ago!! Just purged my big clothes to donate. Three FULL garbage bags. Sad to have to buy all new clothes but it's a nice feeling. And I'm still losing so my waist should get smaller.

I don't have a deadline to hit my goal so that's kept my losses a little slower than they could be. I tend to eat a bit more on the weekends so I get set back slightly each weekend but averaging about 5 lbs lost per week. So still happy with it--72lbs lost so far.
    Last edited by NEFLRick; 06-14-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Another update.

Down a total of 80lbs as of yesterday. Losses have slowed a little, partially because my weekends have been bad--lots of things going on--and partially because I'm sure my body has slowed a little.

Totally have transformed my body but still not where I want to be. My updated goal is 220, however, I'm 12lbs away from it and I may have to go a little lower. I'd like to see abs on me just once. Probably won't stay that low but would like to see them.

Overall, can't complain about how I look for an (almost) 45 year old man. Still having a difficult time getting rid of a little fat around my chest and (as usual) around my belly. But look 100% better than I did.

The new clothes I bought a little while ago are now big on me. So will have to buy more new clothes soon. The bad side of getting in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by NEFLRick View Post
    Down a total of 80lbs as of yesterday.

Great job! Time to post up before and after pics.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    Great job! Time to post up before and after pics.
    Almost time. Once I hit 220 I'm going to post before/after photos.

Update:

Been a while since I posted an update. Hit a bit of a plateau and we did a little traveling towards the end of the summer. But just broke through and losing again. While I'm not down much (in weight), there is a noticeable improvement in my body from even the last time I checked in. Shoulders are starting to pop a bit, getting more and more vascular, waist is down another inch, seeing way more separation between various muscles than I've ever seen. Definitely have lost more BF even if I didn't lose a lot of weight. Honestly, I've never looked as good as I'm looking now and I've still got a little ways to go.

I'm at 229 right now and have changed my final goal to 200. Figure I'll wind up around 210ish but want to see if I may be able to see some abs at some point--for the first time in my life. Feeling great though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information