workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member

Small arms, 20% BF.. Wth do I eat? Cut/bulk?

I don't know what to do, but I'd like to see a decent change in my physique within the next 10 weeks... I'm 5'7 hovering at around 20% BF, 185lbs. My arms are small (cut, but still very small in comparison to the rest of my body) and I hate it. I feel if I cut more, they only get smaller, and if I bulk they'll get bigger but so will my gut. Suggestions anyone?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to accept that you have to lose bodyfat first and foremost before you can build anything. It is an extremely difficult feat to drop bf and add muscle that is why diet is so important to grasp so you can learn how to eat in order to spare as much muscle as possible. 10 weeks will not give you a total body transformation but will allow you enough time to shed emough bf to see a dif.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good advice above.

Get down to 13-14% bodyfat where you're comfortable with your bf%, then lean bulk from there.

10 weeks will yield incredibly minimal results naturally, unless you're in your first few months of lifting. Or purely going for fat loss in which case you can lose a good amount of bodyfat in 10 weeks.

workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Good advice above.

Get down to 13-14% bodyfat where you're comfortable with your bf%, then lean bulk from there.

10 weeks will yield incredibly minimal results naturally, unless you're in your first few months of lifting. Or purely going for fat loss in which case you can lose a good amount of bodyfat in 10 weeks.
    I guess the main priority right now would be fatloss. Would I be able to cut down to 10% within the next 10 weeks?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not likely. You need to be realistic with your goals and understand that this is more of a marathon then a sprint. You need to commit yourself to this lifestyle to truly see results and then maintain them. Try not to look at it as a 10 week window bcuz what r you going to do when the 10 weeks is up? Hopefully keep trying.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    15lbs fat loss is possible in 10 weeks, if that helps your shape.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadi1 View Post
    I don't know what to do, but I'd like to see a decent change in my physique within the next 10 weeks... I'm 5'7 hovering at around 20% BF, 185lbs. My arms are small (cut, but still very small in comparison to the rest of my body) and I hate it. I feel if I cut more, they only get smaller, and if I bulk they'll get bigger but so will my gut. Suggestions anyone?
    ten weeks is an incredibly short period of time for a transformation.

your best bet is a strict caloric restricted diet, along with intense cardio.

Your TDEE is about 3kcals/day, so suggest consume 2kcals/day of which, try to consume around 200 grams of protein.

Additionally, about an hour of cardio every day with a heart rate of around 150.

Only drink water, no bullshit food. Whole, unprocessed, with lots of green leafy veggies. No alcohol.

I'm assuming little time in the gym, so forget the muscular look, and instead, just aim for something that looks healthy.

You can only invest minimal time, so realistically only minimal results. But if you have discipline, you can make some progress.

Good luck!

---Roman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	132 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	153397

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadi1 View Post
    It's a good thing you aren't looking for instant gratification. I want to make $500hr and not have to earn it also.

How about earning what you get or have? Sounds like you have exactly what you deserve right now due to not working out and poor diet.

Why the rush? Reunion or something like that? Well a co worker dropped a fair amount of weight in about that time, 8-10 weeks even though I told him he was going about it wrong and what he was doing wanst healthy. Well about a month after his reunion he had a heart attack. He lived but it didnt do him any good.

Dont be in a rush. It's not a race or sprint, it's a marathon. Your body and heart will thank you.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-19-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Thread Information