Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CORR24

Thread: Post workout pre contest

Peter1984 is offline Junior Member

Post workout pre contest

I'm in a pre contest phase now. Normally after my workout I'll have a protein shake and depending on my carb allowance for the day I'll have usually 3-4 rice cakes. But what I'm finding is I get VERY tired, lethargic and groggy after the shake and rice cakes.
    Any suggestions? I've thought about taking instead of the rice cakes, something like a Gaspari Glycofuse instead.
    I don't have a coach but I'm trying to experiment with different nutrition approaches.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1984 View Post
    I'm in a pre contest phase now. Normally after my workout I'll have a protein shake and depending on my carb allowance for the day I'll have usually 3-4 rice cakes. But what I'm finding is I get VERY tired, lethargic and groggy after the shake and rice cakes.
    Any suggestions? I've thought about taking instead of the rice cakes, something like a Gaspari Glycofuse instead.
    I don't have a coach but I'm trying to experiment with different nutrition approaches.
    Have you tried ditching the carbs PWO all together? If not, how about a more nutrient dense carb source (e.g. oats) - same result?

Peter1984 is offline Junior Member
    Aren't you "supposed" to have carbs post workout? Lol

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1984 View Post
    Aren't you "supposed" to have carbs post workout? Lol
    No!

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

CORR24 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    wow I think sometimes reading posts on here confuse me more than anything lol funny how you can read complete opposite opinions on things, love how people talk like everything they say THE WAY and not THERE OPINION! I too thought carbs post cycle was good as well. What I have learned about diet and exercise is NOBODY know anything for sure, everything is an OPINION.
    Last edited by CORR24; 03-05-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    2iron likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by CORR24
    wow I think sometimes reading posts on here confuse me more than anything lol funny how you can read complete opposite opinions on things, love how people talk like everything they say THE WAY and not THERE OPINION! I too thought carbs post cycle was good as well. What I have learned about diet and exercise is NOBODY know anything for sure, everything is an OPINION.
    What?

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    I would eat oats. I do it everyday after I get done working out. Make a protein shake with water 1 cup of oat and sugar free jam.

Thread Information