ChrisG217 is offline Junior Member

How much is too much?

So I get that yes staying away from sodium and sugar is essential in diet as well as cycling. However I am aware that you do need some sugar and sodium in your body everyday regardless or its not healthy. So how much is too much of each in a day???

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could try and consume 0 sugar/sodium per day. But you wont win...
    Theres no set value of what is to much sugar per day..its funny if you read a label it will tell you the % of carbs for that item on a daily value, but sugar has no value, which I find hilarious.

I don't consume much sugar, your body doesn't like sugar. As far as sodium goes, stay away from processed stuff, canned stuff, read the label and go from there.

ChrisG217 is offline Junior Member
    So would seasoning for meats be bad as far as sodium goes? Same applies with tabasco or hot sauce? I find that those condiments are usually the lowest in sodium I can find unless I'm missing something.

Blog Entries
    Impossible to do, everything has sugar and sodium.

Reiid13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG217 View Post
    So would seasoning for meats be bad as far as sodium goes? Same applies with tabasco or hot sauce? I find that those condiments are usually the lowest in sodium I can find unless I'm missing something.
    Man that will be impossible !

Im cutting too , but my diet can get
    F%*¥ed if it thinks im not adding some hot sauce to that dry ass turkey breast

Sugar I find easy , dont add to coffee , dont drink fizzy drinks , and tbh I stay away from fruit ( wether this is right or wrong I see fruit as sugar)

Dont add salt to food , if your eating whole foods there will be sodium in eggs and tuna etc , but I dont worry about it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13 View Post
    Sugar I find easy , dont add to coffee , dont drink fizzy drinks , and tbh I stay away from fruit ( wether this is right or wrong I see fruit as sugar)
    While fruits do have quite a bit of sugar IMO the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals contained there in are a good trade off as long as you dont over eat them. Sugars are unavoidable what you want to do is find those sources that are nutrient rich.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post

While fruits do have quite a bit of sugar IMO the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals contained there in are a good trade off as long as you dont over eat them. Sugars are unavoidable what you want to do is find those sources that are nutrient rich.
    Yeah but I dont look at it like you do .

As a person who is cutting and is maximisng fat loss , while holding onto muscle I weigh up the options :

A medium banana aprox 105 calories with a massive 20.9 grams of sugar and only approx 1.2 grams protein

Or

A 3 egg ommlette ( 1 whole , 2 white )
    Approx 120 calories with 15 grams protein

For my diet atm im not interested that a banana might be cute for pre workout , I want a pre workpout supplement that will make me feel crazy !!

I know its wrong , and not great to get into a habbit of doing this , as fruit posess some great vitamins etc , but I supplement Instead of eating fruit

Friesian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG217 View Post
    So I get that yes staying away from sodium and sugar is essential in diet as well as cycling. However I am aware that you do need some sugar and sodium in your body everyday regardless or its not healthy. So how much is too much of each in a day???
    In terms of sugar, I agree with cj111 that there isn't a set "healthy value" of sugar. However, I'm pretty sure I read in Flex a couple of months back that a 200lb bodybuilder (their usual figure when it comes to working out amounts of nutrients for consumption) should be consuming 4,000mg (4g) of sodium per day. If this is supposed to change based on bodyweight then this would be 20mg per lb. However, I would say you're probably getting enough sodium from your diet already if you're consuming plenty of food.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13 View Post
    Yeah but I dont look at it like you do .

As a person who is cutting and is maximisng fat loss , while holding onto muscle I weigh up the options :

A medium banana aprox 105 calories with a massive 20.9 grams of sugar and only approx 1.2 grams protein

Or

A 3 egg ommlette ( 1 whole , 2 white )
    Approx 120 calories with 15 grams protein

For my diet atm im not interested that a banana might be cute for pre workout , I want a pre workpout supplement that will make me feel crazy !!

I know its wrong , and not great to get into a habbit of doing this , as fruit posess some great vitamins etc , but I supplement Instead of eating fruit
    Haha, yea if you are restricting caloric intake then you gotta do what you gotta do.
    One of the best lines I heard a pro use before competition was "I'm not eating for flavor at this point"

-Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post

"I'm not eating for flavor at this point"

-Cheers
    Haha thats the story of my life right now

Thread Information