Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 38onTRT Daily Log *Paleo Lifestyle*

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I remember a trainer or worked with had me on a paleo diet for a while. Told me i couldn't have cheese because I couldn't make it myself. So i I made fresh mozzarella. I kinda miss that diet.

Looks like your doing well keep it up

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Thank You.

I like to look at it as my Lifestyle in lieu of a diet. I enjoy eating the way I do, as I can eat whatever I want however understand what it will do to my body.. I choose this for me as everyone chooses to eat what they do too.. I understand what the bad foods do to me so I steer clear of them, however I can go to them if I choose to.

A bit discouraged as to how "weak" I am because of not being in the gym for almost 2 years straight.. My back lifts are laughable, I can only do 2 pullups per set... Patience....

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Don't be discouraged. I'd say 75% of american males can't do one pull up. The average male bench press is 150lbs. So i'm sure you're above where most are. The rest will come

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312
    Don't be discouraged. I'd say 75% of american males can't do one pull up. The average male bench press is 150lbs. So i'm sure you're above where most are. The rest will come
    ^^^ x2.

statistics on average male is interesting. My goal is to so one pull-up unassisted. I didn't realize I might have set the bar too high.......NOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    don't be discouraged. I'd say 75% of american males can't do one pull up. The average male bench press is 150lbs.
    ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    ^^^ x2.

statistics on average male is interesting. My goal is to so one pull-up unassisted. I didn't realize I might have set the bar too high.......NOT!!!!
    lolol

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    I'm about 95% paleo in my diet, and there is no doubt that for me, my body prefers running on fats than carbs - I feel so much better.

Have you tried Dave Asprey's bulletproof coffee? I used to be a latte addict, but in the end, I felt better without the lactose sugar (even though I have raw dairy here), and with just the fat in the coffee - it's basically inspired by the tibetan yak butter tea. You take about 2 Tablespoons of grass fed butter (I use a raw french brand) butter, and whiz it into a coffee - delicious, and now I think it's much better than a latte, and it really keep me going for a couple of hours in the morning until I get home from the school run and can make a proper breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    I'm about 95% paleo in my diet, and there is no doubt that for me, my body prefers running on fats than carbs - I feel so much better.

Have you tried Dave Asprey's bulletproof coffee? I used to be a latte addict, but in the end, I felt better without the lactose sugar (even though I have raw dairy here), and with just the fat in the coffee - it's basically inspired by the tibetan yak butter tea. You take about 2 Tablespoons of grass fed butter (I use a raw french brand) butter, and whiz it into a coffee - delicious, and now I think it's much better than a latte, and it really keep me going for a couple of hours in the morning until I get home from the school run and can make a proper breakfast.
    Love it! I use Strauss Creamery Unsalted Butter from Whole Foods for my Bulletproof coffee.. I'll split up my BP Coffee with coconut sugar/ strauss whole milk or coconut milk/ cocoa powder to change things up every now and again.. Coconut sugar is really low on the glycemic index and paleo approved.. If I dont use the strauss whole milk then I make my own coconut milk and use that with the coconut sugar and cocoa..

The key also to BP Coffee is the type of beans you are using.. There is a Roaster here in town that has, IMHO the best beans and roasting technique down to a science. They even ship to the anywhere in the world.. My sister purchased some beans from the BP Executive site, I turned her on the the place here in town and she agreed, these beans are fresher and better.. if you are interested, let me know and I will PM you the URL..

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Sure, I'll be in the US over the summer, and so I'd love to bring some back. Dave Asprey's stuff is all pretty expensive, so I'd love a different source that is at least as good. Thanks. :-)

WHOA! I've been a big slacker on keeping this updated!

I was a tired Motha Saturday night! I think I fell asleep at 7:50p and didnt wake till 8am Sunday... I was BEAT from the weeks cardio/ gym workouts.. Ate good had some ice cream friday night however the rest of my diet was great..

Monday March 17th 2014

Coffee Press
    Strauss Milk/ coconut sugar/ cocoa Creamer

1 hard boiled egg

Cardio
    25 minutes so far uphill setting on 15 at 3.5mph

Lunch
    Leftover Egg, Sweet Potato, sausage, bacon skillet from yesterdays breakfast
    Leftover Pork Loin from last nights dinner
    Applesauce no sugar added

Pre workout fruit smoothie

Gym
    Shoulders

Dinner
    Corned Beef and cabbage cooked in the crock pot

Drama in my household right now.
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-17-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Tuesday March 18 2014

Gotta push through the days where I have sleepless nights.. Family drama. When "life" throws you a change up, what are you gonna do..? Stick your head in the sand or face the issues head on?

Breakfast
    2 hardboiled eggs
    1 large naval orange

Cardio
    25 Minutes uphill 3.5mph

Lunch
    2 Mahi filtets
    1 whole green squash
    1 whole yellow squash
    1 Tbsp Butter
    1 tsp extra lite olive oil
    salt pepper garlic smoked paprika to taste

Pre workout fruit smoothie

Gym
    Bi's
    Tri's

25 minutes uphill 3.3mph
    totaling 50 minutes cardio. LA Fitness machine is different from my home treadmill.. I think it may be a bit steeper and faster.. Anywho, I set the machine to an incline setting of 14.0 and about 3.3-3.5 depending on which machine I'm on, I don't hold on to the bars and just walk, fast, uphill...

Dinner
    Chicken
    Sweet potato
    Green and yellow squash/ bell pepper/ mushrooms
    Water w/ Mio flavoring

Bedtime 10p
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-19-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Content

Thread is inspiring!

Wednesday March 19th 2014

Today is weigh in day! I will see where I am at during lunchtime and post here shortly after. I am gonna throw a wild a$$ number out there and say I will be 211-ish

Breakfast
    Coffee

Cardio
    20 Minute uphill 3.5mph walk

Lunch
    Leftover Pork Loin from 2? nights ago
    Leftover Chicken from last night
    Leftover Squash Veggies from last night
    Fruit smoothie

Trying to get as much food in me as possible without POPPING as I dont want to be too terribly hungry before Leg Day.. Usually after I eat around 12:30, I am starving on my way to the Gym(4:30-ish)

Updated weight.. REMEMBER I am NOT going for a certain weight, I am wanting to get to 10% BodyFat.. Weight is of no concern to me.. My fitbit scale does calculate BF however once it starts telling me I am around 15% I will get a DEXA scan to see where I am exactly.. Don't really trust FitBit Scale...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_19_weight.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	149229

Gym Day
    LEGS!!!

Leg workout was my best to date.. Felt very strong, had a lot of endurance compared to previous weeks.

Dinner
    Leftover chicken
    Leftover squash
    1 sweet potato
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-19-2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Content/ Spelling

Thread is inspiring!
    Whoot!

Thursday March 20 2014

Slept great last night although I only got about 7 hours.. Watching the Flight 370 stuff on CNN is intriguing to say the least...

Breakfast
    Coffee, the usual creamer etc
    3 Whole Eggs
    Salsa

Lunch
    Dark Meat Chicken
    Mushrooms/ red pepper
    Water

Off day at the gym today.. Did not do Cardio today..

Dinner
    Some kind of stuffed chicken my Wife bought from Whole Foods, was "weird" I guess..
    Brussels Sprouts
    1/2 Sweet Potato

Late night Snack
    2 Chicken thighs
    Ponzu Sauce
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-21-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Friday March 21 2014

Breakfast
    Coffee
    Banana

Cardio
    25 minutes

Snack
    Fruit Smoothie

The NCAA tourney messed with my day today! My hometown team is a #1 Seed and playing today... Watchin at work..
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-21-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Been reading your log and its been awhile since I've had a sweet potatoes. Baked some this weekend and forgot how sweet they taste!

WOW what a night!

I love them. They have waaaay more nutrition then Regular Potatoes.. I like to make sweet potato fries too..
    Been reading your log and its been awhile since I've had a sweet potatoes. Baked some this weekend and forgot how sweet they taste!

Saturday night was so awesome crazy! All I have to say is when your kids do amazing things in their life, all you can do is sit back and watch, be proud and enjoy the ride.. My 11yr old Gymnast Daughter is a Level 7 Gymnast and we had State Championships last night in Phx... She swept the Competition,, took 1st in the All Around and is on the Az Level 7 Team going to Regionals to compete against girls from Cali, Nevada and Utah.

Words cannot express how my wife and I are feeling..

I did Cardio early Sat morning, ate some Nachos and a mini DQ Blizzard, everything else was Paleo..

My entire lower back is sore as EF today.. Getting ready to grill Burgers as my Hometown BBall team is a #1 Seed, getting ready to square off against Gonzaga...

Feeling better this morning as I slept like $hit last night..

Cardio this morning for 20 minutes

Steak/ Eggs/ Sweet potatoes/ Onions Breakfast Skillet after Cardio
    Coffee the wife made however wasted most of it as I just wasn't in the mood..

Lunch
    Leftover Chicken(the last of it)
    Banana

Gym
    Back ---> Had on "ok" workout.. Was a bit off from the night before, didnt sleep well etc.. Just felt blah.
    20 Minutes Cardio

Dinner
    Red Snapper
    White Jasmine Rice
    Cauliflower/ Broccoli with Ponzu Sauce
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-25-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Content

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT View Post
    Saturday night was so awesome crazy! All I have to say is when your kids do amazing things in their life, all you can do is sit back and watch, be proud and enjoy the ride.. My 11yr old Gymnast Daughter is a Level 7 Gymnast and we had State Championships last night in Phx... She swept the Competition,, took 1st in the All Around and is on the Az Level 7 Team going to Regionals to compete against girls from Cali, Nevada and Utah.

Words cannot express how my wife and I are feeling..

I did Cardio early Sat morning, ate some Nachos and a mini DQ Blizzard, everything else was Paleo..

My entire lower back is sore as EF today.. Getting ready to grill Burgers as my Hometown BBall team is a #1 Seed, getting ready to square off against Gonzaga...
    congrats for your little gymnast! i bet you and your wife are proud parents!

i am following your progress, great job man!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00

congrats for your little gymnast! i bet you and your wife are proud parents!

i am following your progress, great job man!
    X2. I think it is awesome that your family is active in sports. Congrats to her and her parents!

Thank you guys!

Tuesday March 25 2014
    Feeling waaay better today then yesterday. Slept great, had some really vivid dreams that I remembered when I woke up which for me, usually means I slept very well..

Breakfast
    1 Hard Boiled Egg

Cardio
    30 Minutes Treadmil uphill 3.5mph. I am increasing my cardio time from 45-50 minutes daily to 60 minutes. This will be necessary to hit my goal by June-ish

Lunch
    Leftover fish/ veggies/ rice from last night

Gym
    Bi's
    Tri's
    25 Minutes Cardio

Dinner
    The wifey made a really awesome chicken breast dinner. Chicken breast topped with spinach, mushrooms, pecans and some sort of sauce. Was really yummy.
    Mashed sweet potatoes
    Spinach salad
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-26-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Content

Wednesday March 26 2014

Breakfast
    3 whole eggs
    Salsa

No Cardio before legs today. Going to see how my leg workout goes today without any cardio leading up to my workout... Hoping I am stronger and more energetic..

Lunch
    Salmon
    Broccoli, cauliflower
    Rice

Gym
    Leg Day
    No Cardio
    Dinner

Pork Loin
    Vegetables
    Unsweetened Applesauce
    Cashews
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-27-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Content

2nd Progress Pic

Progress Pic. Happy with the results thus far. Weigh in changed to Fridays in lieu of Weds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_26_pic_3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	149465

Thurs March 27 2014

Coffee

No Breakfast, today is a Fasting day. Cardio at around 11am for 30 minutes then around 4pm for another 30 minutes along with Abs/ Core at the Gym.

Cardio
    30 Minutes

Lunch
    Leftover Pork Loin
    Unsweetened Applesauce
    1/4 Cantelope

Gym
    Abs/ Core
    30 Minutes Cardio

Dinner
    Navy Bean/ Vegetable soup
    Slow Cooker BBQ Pork
    Wifey made a PHENOMENAL dinner! Was so damn good! Paleo BBQ sauce was amazing. BBQ Pork on top of the soup, OMG!

I made some Toffee tonight topped with Calebaut Chocolate and roasted Almonds. I couldnt watch the first half of the basketball game as we were suckin bad so I made toffee..
    Had a few small bites, $hit is damn good! For me, eating Paleo is great, I feel great however I can splurge on sugary candy etc every now and then..
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-28-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Content

Friday March 28 2014

Breakfast
    Coffee

Cardio
    30 Minutes- Treadmill Uphill 15.0 Setting @ 3.5mph

Lunch
    2 Chicken Thighs
    1 White sweet Potato

Gym
    Shoulders. Killed them.
    Cardio 15 minutes, exhausted afterwards.

Dinner
    Fish Tacos

Feeling VERY good today, slept well last night.

Today is Weigh In Day! Will post results. I Honestly do not have any idea as to where I will be this morning. SEE BELOW
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-28-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Content

Hrothgar is offline Associate Member
    Thank You.

I like to look at it as my Lifestyle in lieu of a diet. I enjoy eating the way I do, as I can eat whatever I want however understand what it will do to my body.. I choose this for me as everyone chooses to eat what they do too.. I understand what the bad foods do to me so I steer clear of them, however I can go to them if I choose to.

A bit discouraged as to how "weak" I am because of not being in the gym for almost 2 years straight.. My back lifts are laughable, I can only do 2 pullups per set... Patience....
    Hey man I can't even do a pull-up yet. I'm at like 100 pounds of assist for 5x5 and when I started I couldn't even do that. You'll get there.

Friday March 28 2014

Weigh in Day..

Weighed in at 216.1 BF 18.4%

So today I am about 5lbs heavier and the same BF % than last weigh in of about 10 days ago... Hrmmm...

Well I am pinning some Test Phenyl Prop along with my TRT dose twice weekly so this could explain a little bit of extra bloat.. I suppose I should start up the Aromasin again... My E2 may have creeped up a bit however I feel great right now so hmmm...

Mirror looks like I am shedding BF, veins are popping out more and more so I am
    NOT going to be too concerned about the weight.. I am absolutely killing it in the Gym lately too..

Will see what happens next Friday after I start back up on the AI, OR I may drop the Test Prop for now...

Overall, I am feeling GREAT about the weigh in!

Saturday March 29 2014

Cardio
    45 minutes Treadmill uphill 3.5mph

Brunch
    Chicken Salad

Snacks
    Chicken Thighs
    Bananas
    Apples

Dinner
    Paleo Antipasta saled no pasta
    No Bun Hamburgers
    Sweet Potato Fries

No Gym, couldn't make it happen..

Basketball game last night was a huge bummer.. Thats all I am gonna say about that.

Sunday March 30 2014

Coffee

Cardio

Breakfast
    Eggs, Sausage, Sweet Potato Skillet

Lunch
    Subway Chicken Salad

Dinner
    Leftover fish
    Leftover BBQ Pork
    Artichoke

Ice Cream for desert.

Feeling good today, Maybe I needed some extra rest, maybe an off day from the Gym wasnt such a bad idea.. Gonna kill it today!

Gym
    Chest
    15 Minutes Cardio
    Dry Sauna
    Jacuzzi
    Shower
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 03-31-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Content

Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT
    Sunday March 30 2014

Coffee

Cardio

Breakfast

Incomplete

Feeling good today, Maybe I needed some extra rest, maybe an off day from the Gym wasnt such a bad idea.. Gonna kill it today!
    Have to listen to the body!

Monday March 31 2014

Coffee

Cardio
    35 Minutes

Lunch
    Chicken
    Sweet Potato
    Apple

Snack
    Orange

Dinner
    Paleo BBQ Chicken
    Sweet Potato
    Salad

Made some English Toffee with Callebaut Milk Chocolate for my daughters school project. Best batch to date.. Toffee with the chocolate on both sides with roasted almonds.. Sooo good. Had just a few small bites, promise..

Met with a Property Manager before dinner to go over a potential business my wife and I are looking at doing.. Did not get to the gym, will make up for it later in the week.
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 04-01-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Content

Tuesday April 1 2014
    Happy April Fools Day!

Jumped on the scale this morning for the heck of it, 214lbs at 17.7%BF. Going off how I look and the pictures of Men in certain Ranges, I will have to say that reading is a little bit high.. Anyways, after doing some Math I am coming up with a goal weight of 196lbs with my current Lean body mass weight and Fat weight for 10%BF.

Coffee

Breakfast
    3 Whole Eggs
    Salsa

Cardio
    30 Minutes

Lunch
    2 small pork boneless pork chops
    1 squash

Gym
    Back
    Midway through my workout I was draggin A$$. I assume I didnt eat well enough the day before and today.. Will change things up for tomorrow

Cardio 25 minutes

Dinner
    Sushi!

Had 2 small scoops of Banana/ Peanut Butter/ Caramel ice cream. All handmade from scratch, was pretty damn good surprisingly..
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 04-02-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Content

Weds April 2 2014

Ran out of Coffee Beans so I stopped at my favorite place to grab a Mocha Latte and some more beans..

Slept like poo last night.. Was really windy here and my 1yr old pup was not liking the trees moving so she barked a lot during the night.. Youngest daughter woke us up saying she had a bad dream

Breakfast
    3 Whole Eggs
    Salsa

Cardio
    30 Minutes

Lunch
    2 small leftover boneless pork chops
    1 yellow squash
    1 sweet potato

Gym
    Chest
    Bi's
    Tris
    My Chest is the my biggest problem. I did a bit of reading and have decided to work chest 2 days a week. Will see how it goes in the coming months.. Basically, it just doesn't want to grow...

Cardio
    25 Minutes

Dinner
    Steak
    Sweet Potato
    Avocado with some tomato, onion, cilantro type of "relish" my wife made. Super good

2 bites of banana, peanut butter, caramel ice cream- I could NOT resist!
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 04-03-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Content

Very consistent!

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Weds April 2 2014

Ran out of Coffee Beans so I stopped at my favorite place to grab a Mocha Latte and some more beans..

Slept like poo last night.. Was really windy here and my 1yr old pup was not liking the trees moving so she barked a lot during the night.. Youngest daughter woke us up saying she had a bad dream

Breakfast
    3 Whole Eggs
    Salsa

Cardio
    30 Minutes

Lunch
    2 small leftover boneless pork chops
    1 yellow squash
    1 sweet potato

Gym

Cardio

Dinner

Incomplete
    Two cardio sessions a day? Nice.

That's correct

I updated my day yesterday just now. My goal every day other than leg day is 55 minutes split. First cardio session in the morning around 11am, I try to eat small around 7am so by 11, my tummy is somewhat empty, then cardio immediately after weights. Ideally I would like to do all 55 minutes early however I like my bed too much to get out of it, my work schedule somewhat allows me the 30 minutes however I have to juggle the $hit outta my day.. So far, seems to be working, I am liking what I am seeing in the mirror thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Two cardio sessions a day? Nice.
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 04-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information