Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone else on a 100% ORGANIC or non gmo diet?

jmalls is offline New Member

Exclamation Anyone else on a 100% ORGANIC or non gmo diet?

my diet is as follows all foods are 100% ORGANIC
    5am-4-5 eggs runny 4 toast 1 cup oatmeal
    8am- protein shake with 5 rice cakes
    11am- 1/2 lbs beef or chicken with 11/2 cup rrice
    2pm- meal replacement shake lots carbs and protein
    5pm- protein shake with 80gr waxy Maze
    545pm- 3/4:lbs beef or chicken with 2 cup rice
    9pm- 3/4 lbs chicken and 2 bread
    11am or b4 bed 16 oz milk with a little pro powder

?? I am and am wondering if anyone is as well I've notice a significant amount of fat loss since sswitching from non organic to organic with the same food same amounts.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Screw organic, it's expensive enough to eat right.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    There's a member who is doing paleo diet. Maybe he has an insight.

AngryNR3C4 is offline Junior Member

belva is offline Member
    If you have money I think organic is the way to go. However, it seems to me you are taking too many shakes...are organic even that?? I mean whey protein are from milk..

Regarding organic, some study confirm that there is no difference between organic and not organic...just ask who financiate the study...(some of the company that produce ogm food etc...also produce "organic food" well, they label it as organic then they ask to their scientist to find the difference and guess what...no difference is found...) I think you get it...

Now, eggs full of antibiotics, meet full with ormons, veggie with the nicest pesticide that lower your test etc...well, you get to chose...

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belva View Post
    If you have money I think organic is the way to go. However, it seems to me you are taking too many shakes...are organic even that?? I mean whey protein are from milk..

Regarding organic, some study confirm that there is no difference between organic and not organic...just ask who financiate the study...(some of the company that produce ogm food etc...also produce "organic food" well, they label it as organic then they ask to their scientist to find the difference and guess what...no difference is found...) I think you get it...

Now, eggs full of antibiotics, meet full with ormons, veggie with the nicest pesticide that lower your test etc...well, you get to chose...
    Wait, so it's ok to inject yourself full of hormones but to eat the cow that's been injected with hormones or drink its milk is bad? That's a pretty ironic stance you have there.
    V-ROID likes this.

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Organic is NOT necessary. It will only hurt your pocket book. Eating non organic foods will not make a difference.

belva is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Wait, so it's ok to inject yourself full of hormones but to eat the cow that's been injected with hormones or drink its milk is bad? That's a pretty ironic stance you have there.
    Lol...I knew this would have happened...Let's say if you are fine with getting hormones and you don't know what is it and what effect might have just go with it. Sounds like: "Hey guys I just found some shit on the floor...let me shoot myself"...

Lol...I knew this would have happened...Let's say if you are fine with getting hormones and you don't know what is it and what effect might have just go with it. Sounds like: "Hey guys I just found some shit on the floor...let me shoot myself"...
    Unfortunately that's not really accurate as numerous studies have been done on the subject. It's not like the hormones being injected into the cattle for example are hormones found on the floor.

belva is offline Member
    Unfortunately that's not really accurate as numerous studies have been done on the subject. It's not like the hormones being injected into the cattle for example are hormones found on the floor.
    Again studies paid by who...I'll always ask myself this. If you have time have a look on this What Is Organics? Part 1 - YouTube if you think Paul Check is a full, I've no more to say then.

belva is offline Member
    This is what happen now a days on organic and why there is confusion What Is Organics? Part 5: Finding Healthy Food (Final) - YouTube

Again studies paid by who...I'll always ask myself this. If you have time have a look on this What Is Organics? Part 1 - YouTube if you think Paul Check is a full, I've no more to say then.
    Obviously some of the studies will be funded by a party with a vested interest, after all they have the most to gain or lose. Not all of the studies have been funded by these people though.

Paul Chek has his own training and certification sales at heart making him no better than the ppl who fund the studies you question. Why would you make him out any different than a snake oil salesman or those who funded the hormone studies I don't know. This is a quote of Mr. Chek:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Chek
    • The people who say that organic food is no better then regular are what's technically known as controlbots. A controlbot is somebody whose mind has been taken over by corporate entities or religion or anybody who has an agenda.

The people who say organic food is no better are equivalent to people who don't have enough mental capacity to ask and answer their own questions. They are puppets for the media. All they're doing is regurgitating the garbage that's been fed to them by people who have a strategic plan.
    ^^^goodness me, I'm a controlbot. I cannot think for myself but I should believe someone trying to sell me on his blog, his certification classes, his training sessions, his business model, etc etc etc. Once again, I find your stance ironic.

Blog Entries
    ^ Yup.

Everyone is always trying to sell sh*t.

belva is offline Member
    Obviously some of the studies will be funded by a party with a vested interest, after all they have the most to gain or lose. Not all of the studies have been funded by these people though.

Paul Chek has his own training and certification sales at heart making him no better than the ppl who fund the studies you question. Why would you make him out any different than a snake oil salesman or those who funded the hormone studies I don't know. This is a quote of Mr. Chek:

^^^goodness me, I'm a controlbot. I cannot think for myself but I should believe someone trying to sell me on his blog, his certification classes, his training sessions, his business model, etc etc etc. Once again, I find your stance ironic.
    He doesn't sell food but yes, he does sells his courses/books etc and as a matter of fact you can take them/read his book and then get a whole perspective, or just believe what you've been feed to believe. I don't think $50 of books can harm any pocket, and if so you can always resell then on amazon.

belva is offline Member
    btw, plenty of free stuff is online (youtube/pdf).

He doesn't sell food but yes, he does sells his courses/books etc and as a matter of fact you can take them/read his book and then get a whole perspective, or just believe what you've been feed to believe. I don't think $50 of books can harm any pocket, and if so you can always resell then on amazon.
    So for the low introductory price of $50 this controlbot can find out why non-organic produce and meats are so bad for me? If this isn't a case of the kettle calling the pot black I don't know what is. We can agree to disagree bc once again I find irony in your stance.

belva is offline Member
    You forgot to mention the nice pesticide I'm sure they taste awesome.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Is buying Organic better for the environment? Probably. Is buying Organic more nutritious? No, the data do not support that.

Conclusion: The published literature lacks strong evidence that organic foods are significantly more nutritious than conventional foods. Consumption of organic foods may reduce exposure to pesticide residues and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
    Annals of Internal Medicine | Are Organic Foods Safer or Healthier Than Conventional Alternatives?: A Systematic Review

Thanks
    ~T

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Eating organic doesn't necessarily mean just eating food that wasn't injected with hormones. It also reflect the way the product was raised. Produce for instance wouldn't have been sprayed with any chemicals and your beef more than likely would have been grass fed that hadn't been sprayed with chemicals
    belva and jmalls like this.

belva is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Is buying Organic better for the environment? Probably. Is buying Organic more nutritious? No, the data do not support that.

Annals of Internal Medicine | Are Organic Foods Safer or Healthier Than Conventional Alternatives?: A Systematic Review

Thanks
    ~T
    Study pro and study against, we can stay here all day. Do you believe a hen raised in a cage, without real sun, over fed in order to get in to the right weight in 6 months instead than 2 years can be healthy? I mean... really... do you need a study to confirm that?

Blog Entries
    Study pro and study against, we can stay here all day. Do you believe a hen raised in a cage, without real sun, over fed in order to get in to the right weight in 6 months instead than 2 years can be healthy? I mean... really... do you need a study to confirm that?
    Please stay on topic as adding in a bunch of other stuff makes it hard to talk about anything.

Feel free to post peer-reviewed articles showing the Nutritious benefits of Organic foods compared to conventional foods.

Thanks
    ~T
    Docd187123 likes this.

It's not about what we believe, hell I can believe I've been abducted by aliens 50times throughout my life, but if I can't prove it it's stays a simple belief.

Blog Entries
    Do you believe a hen raised in a cage, without real sun, over fed in order to get in to the right weight in 6 months instead than 2 years can be healthy? I mean... really... do you need a study to confirm that?
    I read an article the other day comparing organic to regular grocery eggs and there was no difference in quality and nutrition. Yes better for the chicken, but not better for your wallet.

If I had loads of money then hell yea I would mitigate my risk to as close to zero as possible, but honestly the risk to a healthy person in eating normal foods is minimal.

---------------

In the words of SgtMaj Dan Daly, USMC: "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    I read an article the other day comparing organic to regular grocery eggs and there was no difference in quality and nutrition. Yes better for the chicken, but not better for your wallet.

If I had loads of money then hell yea I would mitigate my risk to as close to zero as possible, but honestly the risk to a healthy person in eating normal foods is minimal.

---------------

In the words of SgtMaj Dan Daly, USMC: "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"

Do you feel the same way about conventional produce vs Organic produce?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Do you feel the same way about conventional produce vs Organic produce?
    I shop for healthy food choices within economic reasoning. I find no significant difference between organic produce and "conventional."

If there is any enhanced nutrition percentage in organic with the money saved you can buy twice as much of the regular.

--------

Chemical and toxins exposure in daily life is unavoidable regardless, toxins are all around us, in the air, soil, food, water, dwellings, etc

--------

The organic fruit does taste better (sometimes) but that is a function of harvesting time not necessarily quality.

Additionally not all produce absorbs chemicals at the same rate, diff fruits and veg have diff chemical loads. I avoid apples because of this.
    Last edited by hellomycognomen; 03-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.

belva is offline Member
    Please stay on topic as adding in a bunch of other stuff makes it hard to talk about anything.

Feel free to post peer-reviewed articles showing the Nutritious benefits of Organic foods compared to conventional foods.

Thanks
    ~T
    Stay on the topic??? I thought the Title of the tread was: "Anyone else on a 100% ORGANIC or non gmo diet?"

Here some study as you guys love stuff on paper:

Food produced organically contains fewer contaminants. Some scientific studies have shown
    that there are more beneficial nutrients in organically produced food. here the link: http://www.sustainweb.org/pdf/myth_real.pdf

regarding the level of vitamins/minerals:
    http://www.ask-force.org/web/Organic...ganic-1993.pdf
    Cambridge Journals Online - American Journal of Alternative Agriculture - Abstract - Comparison of taste quality between organically and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables

If you get access to ebsco database here some more:
    1) BL Smith, Organic foods vs. supermarket foods: element levels, Journal of Applied Nutrition, 45, 35-39, 1993
    2) K Woese, D Lange, C Boess, KW Bogl, A comparison of organically and conventionally grown foods: results of a
    review of the relevant literature, Journal of Science, Food and Agriculture, 74, 281-293, 1997

Here other study regarding pesticides on foods:
    1) A study of 110 urban and suburban children in Washington state found that children who ate primary organic food had significantly lower organophosphorus pesticide (nervous immune system disruptor) exposure than children on a conventional diet. Organophosphorus pesticide exposure of urban and suburban preschool children with organic and conventional diets. you can download the pdf.

2)http://www.pesticideresearch.com/sit...hereToHide.pdf
    3)http://www.beyondpesticides.org/lawn...en.dontmix.pdf

But I guess you need some more so I'll see what I can do for the health of the community in the following days.

belva is offline Member
    Dr.Virginia Worthington reviewed 1230 published comparison between organically grown and conventionally grown crops. The results of her study indicates that organic crops had higher nutrient levels or lower levels of toxicity. Here: Nutrition and Biodynamics: Evidence for the Nutritional Superiority of Organic Crops Nutrition and Biodynamics: Evidence for the Nutritional Superiority of Organic Crops Virginia Worthington MS, ScD, CNS / Biodynamics v.224, Jul/Aug99

The British soil association analysed 109 studies on organic and conventional raised foods. They determined that only 27 of the studies were valid comparisons almost all of which found organic food to be significantly better. In many other studies the organic produce was flown in and was much older than locally grown conventional crops, therefore decreasing its nutritional value.
    http://www.soilassociation.org/LinkC...D&%3Btabid=388

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen

I shop for healthy food choices within economic reasoning. I find no significant difference between organic produce and "conventional."

If there is any enhanced nutrition percentage in organic with the money saved you can buy twice as much of the regular.

--------

Chemical and toxins exposure in daily life is unavoidable regardless, toxins are all around us, in the air, soil, food, water, dwellings, etc

--------

The organic fruit does taste better (sometimes) but that is a function of harvesting time not necessarily quality.

Additionally not all produce absorbs chemicals at the same rate, diff fruits and veg have diff chemical loads. I avoid apples because of this.
    I think the basic nutritional value would be the same or very close the only difference would be the added chemicals that were used to grow the product. Pesticides and enhancers would be the concern. To answer the question that this thread started when I can I buy organic and grass fed product

Blog Entries
    --->SNIPP Food produced organically contains fewer contaminants. Some scientific studies have shown
    that there are more beneficial nutrients in organically produced food. here the link: http://www.sustainweb.org/pdf/myth_real.pdf
    Not peer-reviewed.

regarding the level of vitamins/minerals:
    http://www.ask-force.org/web/Organic...ganic-1993.pdf
    Did you look at these numbers? In order to have a discussion lets make the assumption that all things in that paper is true and that the missing controls (Like not washing the fruit, talking about handling etc.) this means eating Organic food would make you ingest a large amount of i.e Mercury.

Taste, while I enjoy good tasting food this is about the Nutritional value, nothing more, nothing less.

1) BL Smith, Organic foods vs. supermarket foods: element levels, Journal of Applied Nutrition, 45, 35-39, 1993
    You already linked to this above, it is the same thing.

2) K Woese, D Lange, C Boess, KW Bogl, A comparison of organically and conventionally grown foods: results of a
    review of the relevant literature, Journal of Science, Food and Agriculture, 74, 281-293, 1997
    I am going to let you summarize this one, I am sure you will understand why I am saying that.

Here other study regarding pesticides on foods:
    1) A study of 110 urban and suburban children in Washington state found that children who ate primary organic food had significantly lower organophosphorus pesticide (nervous immune system disruptor) exposure than children on a conventional diet. Organophosphorus pesticide exposure of urban and suburban preschool children with organic and conventional diets. you can download the pdf.
    From the study conclusion:
    Consumption of organic produce represents a relatively simple means for parents to reduce their children’s exposure to pesticides.
    While this is great how does that affect the Nutritional value of the food? It does not.

Not peer-reviewed.

But I guess you need some more so I'll see what I can do for the health of the community in the following days.
    Please only post peer-reviewed articles that does a nutritional analysis as we are trying to understand this.

Thanks
    ~T
    Docd187123 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Dr.Virginia Worthington reviewed 1230 published comparison between organically grown and conventionally grown crops. The results of her study indicates that organic crops had higher nutrient levels or lower levels of toxicity. Here: Nutrition and Biodynamics: Evidence for the Nutritional Superiority of Organic Crops Nutrition and Biodynamics: Evidence for the Nutritional Superiority of Organic Crops Virginia Worthington MS, ScD, CNS / Biodynamics v.224, Jul/Aug99

The British soil association analysed 109 studies on organic and conventional raised foods. They determined that only 27 of the studies were valid comparisons almost all of which found organic food to be significantly better. In many other studies the organic produce was flown in and was much older than locally grown conventional crops, therefore decreasing its nutritional value.
    http://www.soilassociation.org/LinkC...D&%3Btabid=388
    Nothing of that is peer-reviewed and seriously, the British soil association A lobbying organisation for Organic food.

Thanks
    ~T

Blog Entries
    I think the basic nutritional value would be the same or very close the only difference would be the added chemicals that were used to grow the product. Pesticides and enhancers would be the concern. To answer the question that this thread started when I can I buy organic and grass fed product
    I buy only organic food as I can afford it and I believe it will help to make the world a less polluted place. That said, there is no way we can, currently, feed the planet without using the practices we have.

Thanks
    ~T

Nothing of that is peer-reviewed and seriously, the British soil association A lobbying organisation for Organic food.

Thanks
    ~T
    Oh the irony! He blew off studies that show no nutritional differences between organic and non-organic bc of 'who financed the study'. Yet the studies he's providing are financed by the likes of the Green Movement and Butterfly Convention? If that's not the definition of hypocrisy...

AngryNR3C4 is offline Junior Member
    from bodybuilding.com
    Originally Posted by alan aragon
    "CONCLUSIONS: On the basis of a systematic review of studies of satisfactory quality, there is no evidence of a difference in nutrient quality between organically and conventionally produced foodstuffs. The small differences in nutrient content detected are biologically plausible and mostly relate to differences in production methods."
    Nutritional quality of organic foods: a syste... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

"CONCLUSION: From a systematic review of the currently available published literature, evidence is lacking for nutrition-related health effects that result from the consumption of organically produced foodstuffs."
    Nutrition-related health effects of organic f... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
    Biodynamics is pseudoscience. Other stuff you posted is highly biased (soil association), not academic or maybe not included in above 2009 review because of unsatisfactory quality (55 out of 162 studies were included).
    Last edited by AngryNR3C4; 03-27-2014 at 08:24 AM.

greenwell001 is offline Member

Thanks
    ~T
    Please stay on topic? Your not even the op, so stfu. Most smart people won't argue that organic is more nutritious. People eat organic to stay away from cancer causing pesticides and they taste better. Period. Grow your own shit and it won't hurt your wallet. You ****s never cease to amaze me. You are arguing about the wrong things in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    Please stay on topic? Your not even the op, so stfu. Most smart people won't argue that organic is more nutritious. People eat organic to stay away from cancer causing pesticides and they taste better. Period. Grow your own shit and it won't hurt your wallet. You ****s never cease to amaze me. You are arguing about the wrong things in the first place
    He's talking about the topic between the two of them not necessarily the thread's topic. Vitamin C has been shown to cause cancer so does this mean you'll stop taking vitamin C? Plus taste is subjective, what tastes best to you may be different from others.

PS I do grow my own shit during the summer

I buy only organic food as I can afford it and I believe it will help to make the world a less polluted place. That said, there is no way we can, currently, feed the planet without using the practices we have.

Thanks
    ~T
    Grow your own food

He's talking about the topic between the two of them not necessarily the thread's topic. Vitamin C has been shown to cause cancer so does this mean you'll stop taking vitamin C? Plus taste is subjective, what tastes best to you may be different from others.

PS I do grow my own shit during the summer
    Prove to me that vitamin c causes cancer. I have read study after study about how high doses of vit c administered intravenously,shrinks cancerous tumors. Is there anything else that anyone has said that you would like to disprove.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    Prove to me that vitamin c causes cancer. I have read study after study about how high doses of vit c administered intravenously,shrinks cancerous tumors. Is there anything else that anyone has said that you would like to disprove.
    Thanks for making my point, we can say whatever we want but can we prove it. So show me the proof that non-organic produce causes cancer .

Vitamin C IV has NOT been shown to reduce cancerous growth but it has been shown to improve quality of life and side effects associated with cancer treatment. That's a far cry from reducing it.

I only try to disprove the MIS-information out there. If you had said something accurate I probably would have agreed with you.

Thanks for making my point, we can say whatever we want but can we prove it. So show me the proof that non-organic produce causes cancer .

Vitamin C IV has NOT been shown to reduce cancerous growth but it has been shown to improve quality of life and side effects associated with cancer treatment. That's a far cry from reducing it.

I only try to disprove the MIS-information out there. If you had said something accurate I probably would have agreed with you.
    Let me guess, you did 10 min of research to try and disprove my point. Or you have studied alternative ways to fight cancer. I doubt the latter. Your a ****ing tool and I'm done with this thread. Btw, my mother has first hand experience with the vit c treatment and she could tell you all about it since it's the reason she is still alive stupid ass

Blog Entries
    ^x2 same here, if its priced competitively, then sure, why not.

The chemical I'm most concerned about is the fluorine in the water, but that's a conspiracy in its self.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information